Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59368 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 3 brings new hope
« Reply #525 on: July 30, 2009, 11:13:45 pm »

How can we confirm him though?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:39 pm »

Many ways.  The scum, I believe, have to kill, so a telepath who gets "find" on Kashhyk on the same night as a kill indicates that he's town.  A reporter or scientist who follows him to a house where the kill doesn't take place confirms he's town.  A warden blocking him on the same night as a kill confirms him as town.  Heck, even him pointing out an alien correctly on the same night as a kill pretty much confirms him as town (though it appears we have a shortage of aliens).

Meanwhile, every time the scum kills, they have a chance at either being killed by a Warlock or PWV, and there's a chance they might be discovered by Kashyyk or another power role.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:52 am »

Many ways.  The scum, I believe, have to kill, so a telepath who gets "find" on Kashhyk on the same night as a kill indicates that he's town.  A reporter or scientist who follows him to a house where the kill doesn't take place confirms he's town.  A warden blocking him on the same night as a kill confirms him as town.  Heck, even him pointing out an alien correctly on the same night as a kill pretty much confirms him as town (though it appears we have a shortage of aliens).

Meanwhile, every time the scum kills, they have a chance at either being killed by a Warlock or PWV, and there's a chance they might be discovered by Kashyyk or another power role.
Also, that falls prey to WIFOM.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 31, 2009, 12:37:21 am »

Kashyyk, did you find a cultist last night?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2009, 12:42:02 am »

Webadict, what do you mean?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 31, 2009, 02:08:12 am »

I think we can confirm Kasyykk as FBI Agent, but not exactly Pro-Town. He could very well be the last Cultist. Plus, I think the Telepath will see a "Find" on any Agent, Cultist or Human (Meph, I need a mod ruling on this?).

Too much WIFOM for me to worry about.

It looks like, finally, I can be considered pro-town. I still have to survive, but as long as Town wins, this game looks to end rather quickly. Let do a quick rundown.

Confirmed People:
---chaoticjosh, ToonyMan, SnijHen: Town
---Alexhans, Org, JanusTwoFace: Doppelgangers
---Rysith, Duke: Cult of the Old Ones

Our goal is to find the last Cultist.
Let review, from Day 1, what these confirmed people did (more focus on the scum than on the townies though):
Spoiler: *Day 1, Overview: (click to show/hide)

So finally, Day 1 complete. I am going to anyalze the next Day later on, it's getting late, but...

I will believe Mr Person is scum and believe he should be the first on the wall, pending Kasyyk's post:
1) His bragging for the Town today seemed a little forced.
2) Showing a double-standard by tolerating Alexhans' call for a policy lynch and voting for ChaoticJosh for exactly the same reason. The only reason I would see Mr Person doing is to try and start a bandwagon, after all, Alexhans is the Lone Doppelganger.

Also, Alexhans:

Servant corps... you're totally wrong...

the chance that the remaining dopp has of killing a cult player is very small 3/19 = 15 %...

you'd rather get a town player killed 85 % of the time?

It's MUCH better to lynch the final dopp and totally eliminate that kill...

besides... with 2 dopp flips... we may have a lot of info going on about who and how interacted with Org (I have some notes already) and who with Janus.

We have good prospects for finding the last dopp.  So it's stupid to propose to find only cultists... Wich know nothing about yet... If a cultist is revealed... of course, we are lynching him.  But our best interests are getting that final dopp.

Isn't your survivor condition influencing you towards the dopps?  cultists cant win with you...

Since you're the Lone Doppelganger, why did you not take me up on my offer?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 31, 2009, 03:01:23 am »

As to your question to Meph, SC, I clearly remember Meph stating that the goal of a scum investigator is "find" iff (if and only if) they are using their investigative abilities that night.  Otherwise, it defaults to "kill."  Also, scum cannot both kill and perform an action in the same night.  However, I do forget what the ruling was on how many nights (if any) the cult can specify "no kill."

Look at it this way, if we keep NLing, we've got 13 nights before we hit lylo, plenty of time to gather information and share it.  If we lynch each day, we cut that in half to a mere 7 nights.  Yes, there's always a possibility of a WIFOM, but there's also chances to break it through investigations and good planning.

I'm still curious on who Kashyyk investigated...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 31, 2009, 03:03:15 am »

Not that I'm saying that we should take all 13 nights, of course, just that we have them if we need to.  Why kill town for the scum?  In my opinion, the only people who should be lynched are possibly the lurkers, as they will contribute nothing to the investigations.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 31, 2009, 03:14:58 am »

At this point, I think a full MC might be a good idea.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2009, 04:20:41 am »

MC? Do you mean Role Claim or something else?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2009, 05:50:16 am »

Yeah, full role claim. Not sure exactly what we can prove, but we might be able to pull a plan out somewhere.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 31, 2009, 06:50:48 am »

Alexhans is always scum.   ;D

Anyway, I'm dead so I'll slip into the dead chat with my dead people.

TOWN RULES.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 31, 2009, 07:00:46 am »

I think a full role claim would only be useful if we only sent to Kashyyk or a confirmed townie or something. Definitely not in public.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 31, 2009, 08:56:16 am »

I think a full role claim would only be useful if we only sent to Kashyyk or a confirmed townie or something. Definitely not in public.
Actually, I want Kashyyk to post his findings. Right now.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 31, 2009, 09:26:52 am »

Look at it this way, if we keep NLing, we've got 13 nights before we hit lylo, plenty of time to gather information and share it.  If we lynch each day, we cut that in half to a mere 7 nights.  Yes, there's always a possibility of a WIFOM, but there's also chances to break it through investigations and good planning.

If we lynch though, we got a chance of ending the game right then and there.

Plus, I'm worried that that the Cultist, afraid that he might get caught (due to the odds of him getting caught being increasing), may choose to not kill either. If three days pass without the Town or the Cultist killing, then it becomes ...And they all lived happily ever after.

We can't have that! That would drive webadict insane!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47