Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59104 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 3 brings new hope
« Reply #600 on: August 02, 2009, 02:37:45 pm »

I'm thinking Archangel and Beacon. I still want to get the lurkers off and conserve any roles that can clear for clearing the active players.

Actually, I think we should have everybody claim to whoever is going to get lynched tonight. From there, the 2 people getting lynched decide what everybody should do and who's clear, so we don't wind up with people doing stupid things accidentally. Does this sound good to everybody?
That sounds kinda dumb. If you plan on claiming to anybody, you should claim to EchoP.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2009, 02:57:30 pm »

claiming to the lynchees sounds like a good idea as long as you can guarantee that they'll be lynched. And the only way that you can't guarantee is if the cultist decides not to, which means that they'll reveal themselves.

anyways, im off for two weeks. feel free to lynch me.

id ask to be in the next round, but i dont wanna miss the start and end up lurking again, because that wasnt very fun. so i guess ill just watch.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »

or maybe you shouldnt lynch me... if im gone i cant kill as cult anyway...
wth, lynch me anyway, i could be lying about going on holiday. though that'd be kinda sad.

should i unvote? hmmm.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 03, 2009, 12:53:04 am »

I'm going to vote Mr. Person for his very big insistence on having a double lynch, yet at the same time FoSing people who 'jumped on the double lynch bandwagon'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:36 am »

I'm going to vote Mr. Person for his very big insistence on having a double lynch, yet at the same time FoSing people who 'jumped on the double lynch bandwagon'.

Double lynching is good. Not thinking about why it's good is bad. The assumption was the scum was just so glad to get a town kill out of the deal that they just rushed onto the bandwagon. In other words, I was FoSing people who weren't posting what they were thinking and were just blindly rushing onto the bandwagon. Is that so bad? I would of named specific people but there's just too damn many people right now.

Anyways, it's looking like I'm gonna get lynched, so I might as well claim Townie. Main reason I'm not fretting a lynch here, you see. Besides, you guys should be paying more attention to each other than me. In any case, you guys should probably decide on somebody else to double lynch. Although I would recommend the lurkers, I do have some other thoughts.

I doubt Twiggie is scum. Although he pointed it out, it seems unlikely to me he would pull such an elaborate stunt.
Webadict, you're acting TOO town. Still, even if you are scum, keep it up. You're finding the most scummy players. On the other hand, I do NOT want to see Webadict alive at lylo without being proven. I know I was against the policy lynch of Alexhans earlier, but this is more "I think your town, but I think other people are MORE town"
Pandarsenic, for such a good player, you're lurking an awful lot.
Inaluct, I think you're being unhelpful on purpose. Stop that shit at once, you're even worse than the way Pandarsenic is lurking.
Servant Corps, I believe fairly strongly you're in fact a Survivor Alien.
Archangel, stop active lurking.
Everybody else who is still here, start posting.

The most scummy to me, I think, is Inaluct's bullshit lurking. To stop that shit now, vote Inaluct.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:50 am »

Hey, I haven't been lurking since around the end of Day 2 when I started, y'know.

Reading what was happening.

Alexhans pulled the "GONE FOREVER" stunt a few games ago. Also, Twiggie might have given Meph a list of kills to make while he's "gone." Regardless, I find Twiggie less scummy than others. A little.

I haven't seen anyone stand out particularly, though my joke about automatically suspecting webadict has a bit of truth to it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 03, 2009, 04:30:05 am »

In other news, the coma patient NUKE9.13 has awoken. According to himself he was 'on holiday in Yugoslavia' during his slumber.

Anyway. I understand we have one cultist to lynch. With a shitload of townies left.
No worries, then.
Vote Mr.Person for the purpose of hurrying the fudge up and getting a new game on.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 03, 2009, 08:12:07 am »

Double lynching is good. Not thinking about why it's good is bad. The assumption was the scum was just so glad to get a town kill out of the deal that they just rushed onto the bandwagon. In other words, I was FoSing people who weren't posting what they were thinking and were just blindly rushing onto the bandwagon. Is that so bad? I would of named specific people but there's just too damn many people right now.

Anyways, it's looking like I'm gonna get lynched, so I might as well claim Townie. Main reason I'm not fretting a lynch here, you see. Besides, you guys should be paying more attention to each other than me. In any case, you guys should probably decide on somebody else to double lynch. Although I would recommend the lurkers, I do have some other thoughts.

I doubt Twiggie is scum. Although he pointed it out, it seems unlikely to me he would pull such an elaborate stunt.
Webadict, you're acting TOO town. Still, even if you are scum, keep it up. You're finding the most scummy players. On the other hand, I do NOT want to see Webadict alive at lylo without being proven. I know I was against the policy lynch of Alexhans earlier, but this is more "I think your town, but I think other people are MORE town"
Pandarsenic, for such a good player, you're lurking an awful lot.
Inaluct, I think you're being unhelpful on purpose. Stop that shit at once, you're even worse than the way Pandarsenic is lurking.
Servant Corps, I believe fairly strongly you're in fact a Survivor Alien.
Archangel, stop active lurking.
Everybody else who is still here, start posting.

The most scummy to me, I think, is Inaluct's bullshit lurking. To stop that shit now, vote Inaluct.
Let's stick away from the more fallacious of the fallacies, please. Especially since it's no longer Day 1. I mean, seriously, what good is that?

Why did you suddenly switch to wanting Archangel or Beacon gone to inaluct?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 03, 2009, 01:16:23 pm »

To be honest, I really just want to give Inaluct a warning about his scummy behavior.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 03, 2009, 01:31:21 pm »

Let's stick away from the more fallacious of the fallacies, please.

Too Townie is a fallacy, but acting like you are a Town and being "too" trusting of other people does seem to be suspicious. I don't like people claiming "Too Townie is a fallacy" when it could easily mean something different.

Either way, let make sure Mr.Person die today.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 03, 2009, 05:10:19 pm »

Alright, that's it. Unvote Twiggie.

Mr. Person, as many people have already pointed out, you have bad reasoning and a hypocritical obsession with getting a double lynch. Also, I just personally don't like him. His playing style irritates me, and he's abused rules in games I've been in. At this point, it's pretty clear that he's going to get lynched. This is largely a spite vote.

Vote Mr. Person.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 03, 2009, 05:30:54 pm »

Am I seriously the only person who sees the benefits of double lynching? Seriously? Seriously?

In any case, as a townie, I don't mind getting lynched. It keeps the PR alive for the night.

In any case, I should point out that Inaluct just OMGUS'd me... and ignored the issue. Now I actually do want to see Inaluct lynched along with me. Also, what do you mean "abused the rules"?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 03, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »

Am I seriously the only person who sees the benefits of double lynching? Seriously? Seriously?

In any case, as a townie, I don't mind getting lynched. It keeps the PR alive for the night.

In any case, I should point out that Inaluct just OMGUS'd me... and ignored the issue. Now I actually do want to see Inaluct lynched along with me. Also, what do you mean "abused the rules"?

Yeah, uh, MrPerson.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person : Cheeetar, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, Servant Corps, inaluct, webadict
inaluct : A_Fey_Dwarf, Mr.Person, Twiggie
No Lynch: Frelock

The crowd draws around Mr.Person, with Pandarsenic hefting the shotgun. Mr.Person looks resigned to his fate, and the blast of the shotgun cuts short any speeches he may have wanted to make. Searching through his wallet revealed nothing, so you check his house. It seems he was just and ordinary townsperson.

You sigh and head off to your houses. The cult is still active, and there is no telling who the next sacrifice will be.

Ok, Night 3 is on! Send in your night roles. Night 3 will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.

Also, we have some debates going on over in the discussion thread as well as a poll about the cult. Please come give us your feedback.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 4
« Reply #614 on: August 05, 2009, 12:11:22 pm »

You gather once again. To your surprise, you're all still here! While you'd like to think that the cultist has given up his evil ways for the moment, the storm still surrounds the island. Looks like you'll have to keep looking.

Sorry for the delay. Ended up being really busy last night. In any case, Day 4 has started and will go until ~10am Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47