Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Time Travel Mafia, Day 3  (Read 30866 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel Mafia, Day 2
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »

:-[

Fine, since you all seem so intent on hanging me, I'll reveal my role.

I claim as The Doctor. Since you all seem to be set on killing me, it won't matter either way whether I reveal or not.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2009, 03:47:45 pm »

:-[

Fine, since you all seem so intent on hanging me, I'll reveal my role.

I claim as The Doctor. Since you all seem to be set on killing me, it won't matter either way whether I reveal or not.

If you are the doctor, who did you protect last night? Also, why did you not vote? You were the one pro-town player that knew for a fact that he was lying but you said you needed more evidence. For that reason, along with your lack of any other scumhunting, I think lynching you would be a good idea.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2009, 03:55:12 pm »

I didn't protect anyone last night since I didn't want to accidentally protect a Mafia member.

And I thought TM was joking when he claimed he was The Doctor.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2009, 04:00:16 pm »

Why would the scum fake claim doctor after we already lynched a guy claiming doctor? And you're fishing for info? Vote Xegeth.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:39 pm »

I just thought it was odd that he chose not to vote, even with proof. Claiming a role at this point seemed strange considering that he had until the next night phase to try to talk us out of it or even just help with finding mafia.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2009, 04:19:21 pm »

You were the one pro-town player that knew for a fact that he was lying but you said you needed more evidence. For that reason, I think lynching you would be a good idea.

This.

I vote Little. And FoS Mr.Person for continued unquestioned defense of him.

Both are scum. I'm about 75% sure. Which is more than enough to lynch them.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2009, 04:34:18 pm »

No, I just think it would be odd for scum to claim doctor when somebody else has already claimed doctor. It just wouldn't make sense.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2009, 04:40:23 pm »

It's probably WIFOM. If you're protecting him because no-one would try it as mafia, it's working.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2009, 04:47:40 pm »

TM is definitely scum, since I actually am The Doctor.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2009, 05:00:06 pm »

I've just noticed, if Zai is correct and there are two more mafia, we're almost in a LYLO situation. If the mafia manage to get a night kill and vote first tomorrow, they can force a draw during that night to kill a townie. Maybe the best option is to change our vote just in case he is really a doctor? I'm not sure anymore. We can't win against an organised mafia without the use of a doctor or, if we have one, a roleblocker. If he is wrong and there is only one more, this should be much easier.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2009, 06:13:23 pm »

Vote Little.

If he was legit, he should have voted for Toony, even without making a counterclaim.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »

I think that Little is suspicious, due to the counterclaim.  He can't protect himself against the mafia, so his claim reeks of WIFOM ("a mafia wouldn't claim doctor after someone had been hanged for claiming it" - unless that's what they want us to think).  Claiming doctor in this game as a town allied player is basically suicide, and the fact that he left it until that point to counterclaim also makes him suspicious.

So yeah, vote Little.

I'm also gonna FoS Mr. Person for this:
Why would the scum fake claim doctor after we already lynched a guy claiming doctor? And you're fishing for info? Vote Xegeth.
Has he really missed the potential WIFOM here?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »

Actually, I did miss the WIFOM potential because I find that, most of the time, there is no WIFOM and I'm just overthinking things.

Well, after rethinking it over and after listening to what people have to say, I would also agree Little is suspicious. Still, I just find it odd to lynch everybody who claims doctor, you know? Usually the scum kills the doctor, not the town, and I doubt very much that 2 members of the mafia would claim doctor like that, since the whole facade would be broken in a snap by the real doctor. On the other hand, ToonyMan might of been scum and Little might be the doctor or ToonyMan might of been the doctor and Little might be the scum. It's hard to tell.

Not protecting as a doctor... I've never seen scum try that strategy before. Every time I've seen somebody say they protected nobody, they were, in fact, the doctor. Again, I dunno. Little, if you had protected, who and when would it have been?

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2009, 01:21:17 pm »

Why would a doctor even protect no-one? There's no consequences for accidentally protecting the mafia and the chance of protecting one is low in the first round anyway.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2009, 01:22:27 pm »

I agree 100%, it is stupid and makes no sense. I just usually only see noob doctors do that, I don't ever see the scum claiming no protect.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13