Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 540562 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »

just posting so i remember 2 read the rest of this thread later... AWESUM
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2011, 08:55:00 am »

I know that this topic is very old, but, if the owner of Cacame's world could reply, it would be great. I want to use him as a NPC in a roleplaying game, but first I want to ask for permission.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:20 am »

I know that this topic is very old, but, if the owner of Cacame's world could reply, it would be great. I want to use him as a NPC in a roleplaying game, but first I want to ask for permission.

I think that Cacame is made entirely with Dwarf Fortress, so if Toady allows you to use him then you most likely can.
Now if you get a lawsuit, I didn't say that, ok?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2011, 02:04:47 pm »

It's a fictional character randomly generated from a game. As long as you're not selling tickets to this game or making any sort of profit, or claiming the character as an original of your own (give credit if asked, but otherwise there's no necessity to do so), I don't see any possible problems.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 04, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

I believe that as long as you cite the name of where he came from (if it comes up), you are okay.

I think that copyright laws allow you to reuse names of people...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 04, 2011, 02:41:08 pm »

Well, I was thinking of giving credits (but only after the game is finished, or my players will come here just to know everything about him). It's just so awesome that I might write something about his what he did in the adventure.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 04, 2011, 03:26:55 pm »

Put the players up against a dragon. Have him come in with a wooden hammer.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 04, 2011, 03:44:41 pm »

Oh thats nothing , I saw a human civilization with a Demon leader >.< (and they were saying praise torture , how the heck he became a law giver anways?), I just wished to gut out that guy but my adventurer was to good
Desu

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 04, 2011, 03:50:08 pm »

Poor little dragon.... I was thinking about using him more as a legend. A hero. And when they think everything is lost in that battle against a dark elemental demon, he comes, kick his ass and dissapear.

(and I think a demon leader is easier to appear, because they fool the civilization, making them believe that he is a god. it happens a lot.)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 04, 2011, 04:23:48 pm »

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEECRO!

Anyways, your Cacame (As you describe) would be more likely to be sued by Nintendo for resemblance to Link.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 04, 2011, 05:35:33 pm »

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEECRO!

Anyways, your Cacame (As you describe) would be more likely to be sued by Nintendo for resemblancemurdering Link.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

spartanmammal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 17, 2011, 02:14:27 am »

So basically, this thread is the reason I created an account.  I've been playing DF for, like, a week now?  Still trying to get over the asymptote of the learning curve.  However!  Through perusing the wiki, I'm come across this thread.  Anybody else seeing that Cacame isn't just badass, he's a goddamn paragon?  He is so friggin awesome, he was accepted into the dwarves culture, not just as a member, but as their ruling leader.  Royalty.  He lost his wife at 16, and by the time he was 28, made a king through acts of valor and virtue.  He broke the race barrier, he won a fight with a dragon one on one, he took down an entire invading army of humans, one elf vs. dozens of trained killers, and yet, throughout all of this, he remains humble, asking for a better room, but never expecting it, indeed, never even moving in, the only reason he asks is because he must maintain his position.  He threw away his old beliefs to join the dwarves, wearing steel and wielding a hammer. 

We should all aspire to be like Cacame.  He shows the best that sentients can hope to achieve.  I believe in Cacame.

Loborco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 01, 2011, 01:41:24 am »

I made this account to pay tribute to the most awesome elf EVER!!!

Glory to his kickassness!!!! His legend is so epic it makes me cry!!!
FRAG!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 27, 2011, 08:30:52 am »

Oh wow, Cacame is so badass he makes people join the forum.

That's... transcendent.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

AgentIndy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

I also would like to say that Cacame caused me to join this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74