Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 540611 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #585 on: September 05, 2009, 07:25:00 pm »

We need more updates. This thread is derailing faster than my avatar :D

I'll write a story if Mittens gives the all clear.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 05, 2009, 07:28:03 pm »

First of all, your avatar disturbes me.  Second of all, can we get some stories about Cacames great grandparents, and the like.
Nom nom nom

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 05, 2009, 08:23:25 pm »

Here we go.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I usually try to write happier, but there always has to be a "beginning" story. this is Cacames.
(also, I realize he doesn't use a sword. someone has to write a story of how he started useing warhammers. [mauls?])
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:25:24 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 05, 2009, 11:29:08 pm »

I actually have my own ideas about his origin and whatnot.

The updates as to the fortress have been spotty because, well, not much is happening. It's a mature fortress that pretty much runs itself. If anything interesting happens, I'll post it.

If you guys want to see more about his family tree, I can post up who they are and whatnot.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 06, 2009, 12:02:32 am »

Yes please!

Although, wasn't his entire family, like, eaten?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 06, 2009, 12:23:37 am »

I still say we need to invent a story about how he got his hammer in the first place.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 06, 2009, 01:23:29 am »

Ok, I looked through his entire family history, up to the origin of the family on both maternal and paternal sides. Incredibly, everyone related to Cacame EXCEPT his brothers and sisters is dead. They were all killed one of two ways: in the war with the dwarves or in a war with the gibberlings (75% of them ended up being eaten, the others killed by gibberlings seemed to avoid being eaten). The split seems to be about 50/50 on who killed them. The vast majority of them aren't all that impressive, some having one or two kills before getting killed themselves.

His brothers and sisters are all still alive and living in one town together and have done absolutely nothing beyond get married. They're also still part of the elven civilization. So when the dwarves came knocking, his brothers and sisters went running and left him behind.

The only member of his extended family who is really notable is his maternal great grandfather, this guy:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He killed one MegaBeast and fought with another. He was also the leader of the elf civ.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 06, 2009, 01:26:56 am »

Haha, wow.

Are his brothers and sisters with the Elf Civ, or were they born into dwarfiness?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 06, 2009, 03:16:50 am »

Elven.

Also: He joined the civ who killed his heroic great grandfather? I wonder if he knew.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 06, 2009, 03:23:14 am »

He didn't really have a choice, his government was overtaken by dwarves....
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 06, 2009, 04:17:28 am »

Did any of you read the whole thing??

It said his brothers and sisters stayed with the elves- so surely Cacame had a REASON to do otherwise.

Quote from: Holy Mittens
His brothers and sisters are all still alive and living in one town together and have done absolutely nothing beyond get married. They're also still part of the elven civilization. So when the dwarves came knocking, his brothers and sisters went running and left him behind.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2009, 04:19:32 am »

Did any of you read the whole thing??

It said his brothers and sisters stayed with the elves- so surely Cacame had a REASON to do otherwise.

Quote from: Holy Mittens

Hm, right. I just skipped straight ahead to his great grandfather.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 06, 2009, 04:58:05 am »

I always imagined warhammers in DF as being Mauls (see Elder Scrolls for my confused interpretation). If I'm correct though, you can only hold one, so it makes sense- maybe in DF, a warhammer is meat-tenderizer-shape-free, as opposed to a maul which is a hammer with a spike on the end?
Mauls are ALSO in DF. They're too big for dwarfs to use though.
Toady said somewhere that mauls are basically the big mass of metal on a haft i.e. sledgehammer-style, and that warhammers were warhammers.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 06, 2009, 02:21:22 pm »

His brothers and sisters were never part of the Dwarven civ. Remember, Cacame's town wasn't conquered until he was 6 or something.

JubalHarshaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 07, 2009, 12:20:27 am »

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade

I did upload some of the artwork you guys did in this thread, properly credited of course - let me know if you want me to pull them.

Kind of curious to see if this article sticks around. Personally, I think it's worthy for D for Dwarf.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 12:22:22 am by JubalHarshaw »
This is an exceptionally generated World. It menaces with spikes of Gabbro.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 74