Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants you to do it again  (Read 65561 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Two new players!
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

I said how overpowered, not how big.

e.g Is a constant-fire-but-half-damage laser too overpowered?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »

For some info. The front of that ship is EXTREMELY ill defended. Which is why the awesomesauce red deflectors.

There is only 4 or so total sections between lazery death and the core.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2009, 10:47:14 pm »

Wow, your ship ois so flimsy, I mock your puny number of components!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 02, 2009, 11:04:35 pm »

Speaking of which, at this rate, I will have to upgrade the flagship. I've had an early version sitting around for a while, but it's a glass cannon- which is basically the opposite of what I want.

Akigakak, feel free to post ships. But they will probably get more attention and better advice in the shipbuilding thread. And there's a good chance the party will have changed so much by the time you get in that a ship you build now might not fit in well. But, who knows.

SHADOWdump has a deflector now.

Zchris, that's probably better defended than most of our ships. Usually, there aren't more than three (HP buffed) sections between the core and death, only one on some occasions. Which is probably a sign that I need design changes.

RAM's unusual ship pilots into the docking bay.
"Who's that??" Barked Sensei: "Why is he on this station? I thought Diakron was on guard duty!"
RAM responded in a voice barely passable for a human. "I saw three signatures bearing 36.89.43 degrees at warp. There was not a guard outside this station." He saw no response as a cue to continue. "I would like to purchase 843.82 gallons of fuel please."
"Z-Chris!" called Sensei, "You know this guy? 'Cos I sure don't."
Zchris dragged himself over in time to see RAM prattling on at Sensei's stoic face about solar winds.
"Well, I seen a ship like this only about as of'n as a three-eared coney. Just once or twice." he gestured to some line markings on the hull: "Well... this is Imperial Denotations for 'This space left intentionally blank.'" He and Sensei exchanged glances.
"...and if it gets hot enough, it'll through your ion stabilizers off about half a parsec every month or two. Which means you have to force a manual stop, and it gets polonium 212 particles all over your gamma stabilizer..."
"For the love of god!" CJ threw a grape soda at the ship. "Shut up or I'll... I'll put Wil Wheaton on your repair duty!"
"I am a member of your organization?" replied RAM "Splend0rOUS!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2009, 02:26:16 am »

Scavenging some of the light weapons from the station could be good for a significant upgrade, those point defence thingies are awesome and the short range guns are pretty good at what they do too. Of course it wouldn't give you any more in the way of a main gun, and it is difficult to resist having one defining feature that nothing wants to stand in front of...

A constant firing laser might not fit thematically but otherwise I imagine that it would be fine, the damage would be up to Sensei though, if it is the only component on the ship then it might even have a higher damage rating then a normal laser...
My sabot cannons seem to have been replaced with beamers, I am not certain why exactly, it may be that they are overpowered against large ships or it may be that they are under powered and are difficult to improve. Whatever you do, Sensei will probably go over it and balance the thing, so being over-powered isn't really an issue, size, number of weapons, and components are a bigger deal. Chances are that if it has 20 deflectors or a single outer component with an aegis deflector in the middle of it, or its entire armament behind a couple of dozen layers of small components then it may be an issue. But if you are just asking whether or not you will be able can play if you submit a ship with a sabot cannon with 15 damage that can fire a dozen times before the first round has left the barrel and doesn't need to reload for 5 minutes then rest assured that it will be toned down but you will still get you ship...

For an example this is more or less the ship I sent in, though I did move the booster.

And this is what I have now, although that was a while back, it may have been further modified since then.

So it gains some armour around the core, the weapon pod was shifted back, the sabot cannons were replaced with beamers, and a couple of engines were installed. Sending in a super gun can and will be changed, sending in a 5000 piece behemoth might be more trouble than it is worth.

"So... We're pirates, occupying a government facility, orbiting an active colony, in the midst of what may be open war..."
*Checks that the FTL drive is working properly and ready to go on short notice...*
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2009, 11:47:11 am »

FYI, the beamers were meant to be more powerful.

And Akigakak, your ship can probably be pretty powerful- I can fix any weird issues also.  But if you're intent on adding some awe-inspiring unique gun (like Diakron's sniper or SHADOWdump's flamethrower) it's probably going to have to wait- my philosophy is, like prestige classes, they should be earned in gameplay.

And for the record, you don't have to speculate on what I do ;) just ask.

So, we're waiting on Zorgn- does he want his ship repaired or to get out quickly? And any modifications for anyone else?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:17 pm »

Do you understand why I have like a million health on the control unit for the big turret?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

For the Diakron thing, we can assume either
A. He left us in the station.
B. He miscalculated something when docking, and wrecked his ship.

If A:
1: Zorgn takes his ship
2: I take his ship
3: Neither of us takes his ship

So, there's 4 scenarios.
A1, then I'll steal a tanklike defending ship for the time being (until I can repair mine)

A2, I take his, we sell it to pay for repairs of mine and/or Zorgn's, sometime after we get another LR Support ship. (Someone might want the sniper cannon. I say keep it if we can)

A3 and B, Zorgn or I steals a good LRS ship. If he gets it, I'll do the same as A1.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2009, 04:04:28 pm »

Your options at this point:

-Rebuild your ships and defend the Leviathan for a little while in doing so
-Steal Imperial ships

Diakron is totally MIA.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Waiting on Zorgn...
« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2009, 04:53:22 pm »

Ship and all? I guess I'll steal an imperial LRSS (Long Range Support Ship) of some kind

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 03, 2009, 08:01:00 pm »

The flagship looked to be in pretty good knick, and the flak runner was kind of tanklike, unless it ran...

As for the sabot cannons, I just find something satisfying about firing a bomb into the middle of an enemy ship and having it explode near the core...

I try to incorporate a couple of those point-defence beams from the outside edge of the leviathan The Warp Jammer! into my shield section.
"The Leviathan should provide effective cover for a retreat, remaining here for repairs is acceptable but we must escape before we risk being surrounded."
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2009, 08:08:03 pm »

I haven't encountered anything that couldn't be taken down by my cruiser.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 03, 2009, 08:19:46 pm »

I don't think the ships are going to solo the leviathan challenge yet, so that is a bad sign, I remember Sensei posting the player ships a while back if you want something to compare to.
Read the First Post!

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2009, 09:45:33 pm »

If we can rebuild our ships, I'd like a replica of the one I had. Slightly less squishy, possibly, but overall I liked it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2009, 01:38:02 am »

I'm throwing Zchris' cruiser in as-is, for now. If it's seriously unbalanced, we can change it (probably in trade for some powerful features that have limited application).

RAM, the Warp Jammer is pretty big. It's best used on the capitol ship. I'd also say that unless we end up on another massive gauntlet, the warp jammer is as good as covering the entire map- so no cause to have it on a player ship. And since you already have an Aegis(!) I think you can live without PD. ;)

Zorgn, a similar, slightly more durable ship is now under construction.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44