Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 67556 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #510 on: September 29, 2009, 02:03:50 am »

What about why I'm on your list? :<

Oh, right. I wanted Mr.Person dead. Still do.

*swat* didn't ask you.

kidding, but to be serious, that doesn't work.  If "vote for Mr Person = bad" then where's Toony?  He was on Person's case hard.  Why isn't he on the list? Where's Daikron?

We three were singled out, and it wasn't just because of Person since others got away free.  I want to know what was on his mind THEN, right at the moment he made that post. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 29, 2009, 02:05:02 am »

Actually, I forgot josh had revived me as well.

However, I was dead, and therefore Cheeetar has no reason, since he was paying attention enough to somehow figure that Mr.Person was scum when I had not. Huh? Funny Cheeetar!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 29, 2009, 05:37:41 am »

I wonder if Cobrarsenic secretly dicks with alignments - it would make sense that something involving my reset would shuffle roles or alignments. Would explain Webadict's refusal to provide reasons, too.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:53 am »

I'd like to point out that, because of my double vote, it is a three way tie. I actually don't care what happens to me, and for the last two days expected to discover that I had died. I would do some more analysis, but the people I want to do have made TOO. FUCKING. MANY. POSTS!, so I'm not going to. I suspect that part of the reason my arguments seem persuasive is that I am intelligent and have an excellent vocabulary. Another part might be that I usually don't do anything. Anyway, I just want this day to be over, so we can have some hard evidence to work on.

MOD: Are we allowed a Bah! post? I'm going to PM you some stuff to use in your flavour if I am involved, and a bah in case I can't post it myself.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 29, 2009, 06:02:51 am »

Also, my post is just idle musing - not a serious accusation or anything.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 29, 2009, 06:45:40 am »

Oh, hey MP. This might not have been purposeful, but you really didn't answer a question I posed a while ago.

Quote from: Me
On a more serious note, well no shit Sherlock, what were you expecting, us to roll over and bow to your will? I think Alexhans is town, so I defend him. He thinks I'm town, he defends me. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SCUMMY, PERIOD.

Whil I was typing this, I just realized something. Imagine, for a second, Alexhans is scum and I'm town. Would he not of, you know, acted on his bet with ToonyMan? Not only would it kill off a townie (At the town's request, no less), but it also would have made him seem less scummy and put a major egg on ToonyMan's face as well as half the rest of the town. This just makes me all the more certain of Alexhans not being scum. Of course, it could be, say, a ToonyMan Alexhans scumteam, but if that's the case, I precongratulate you two on managing to be hard to detect... but also really stupid.

In the first two sentences, you say that if you think someone's town, you should defend him, period. If I may ask a question, should you still do this if you don't have solid evidence? Should you do this if you have to resort to broken/half-assed arguments? Should you do this even if it means potentially poisoning the town's momentum?

@Arch:
I'd like to point out that, because of my double vote, it is a three way tie. I actually don't care what happens to me, and for the last two days expected to discover that I had died. I would do some more analysis, but the people I want to do have made TOO. FUCKING. MANY. POSTS!, so I'm not going to. I suspect that part of the reason my arguments seem persuasive is that I am intelligent and have an excellent vocabulary. Another part might be that I usually don't do anything. Anyway, I just want this day to be over, so we can have some hard evidence to work on.

MOD: Are we allowed a Bah! post? I'm going to PM you some stuff to use in your flavour if I am involved, and a bah in case I can't post it myself.

Would you more thoroughly explain why you're getting so frustrated?

-Zaithemaster never voted for chaoticjosh. Rather, he chose to vote for Boksi instead. (This was after Josh's plan was set out and his power confirmed) Any particular reason for this, Zai?

Yes. Quite simple, really, and I do believe I said this at that time: my vote was not necessary at that point; voting for Josh would merely have been for show.

And I've been feeling quite exhausted again since I posted that summary of the first few pages, so don't expect much more from me tonight. I believe I may have mono, and will actually be going to the doctor tomorrow.

Hey Zai, glad we could hear from you! Thanks for giving us the most obtusely written WOT I've ever seen, as though to say "Oh snap! I haven't been giving people much content! I'd best rig up something that looks meaningful, but doesn't amount to much at all!".

I mean, not to be unappreciative, but even though you apparently worked hard on it, all you're doing is repeating stuff as it happened verbatim, without actually adding anything.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 29, 2009, 06:59:24 am »

@Arch:

Would you more thoroughly explain why you're getting so frustrated?
I'm not frustrated, I just am tired of this Day that's taken, oh, six or seven RL days and still hasn't finished. And there's sooo many WoT posts. And the people I am thinking are the scum are the ones who've made them. (Dakarian and Alexhans) And the people who are really lurking are pretty much ignored. (Boksi and brothernature, although this point could be contested) So I'm voting against a day extension. Just kill someone damnit! In fact, I think I'll change my vote to myself.

Hmm.

Yes. U\unvote and vote myself.

End the damn day!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:34 am »

To continue the 'what if person flipped town':

You said that I would be scum if Person flipped town eh, even though you're pushing for a Person death as well? 

Wait.. more so.. I've STOPPED going after Person a good while ago.  My vote is on Arch now and I'm turning to others.  Person is neutral to me and was so when you first posted that "Dak would be scum" (note, I was after Alex). Meanwhile, you are STILL after Person.

Yet you would go for Dakarian as scum for getting Person killed.

Using my own lurker policy is a nice touch as well. So is the backtracking of your comments. 

I won't let you backtrack though.  When Alex asked you gave those three people and JUST those three.  WHY?  Even if you feel it was bad now, you had a reason then.  WHY?

Especially josh.  If you forgot about Josh reviving Web then you had something else in mind when you thought of josh.  What was on your mind then?  I don't care if it was 'bad'.  I want to hear it anyway.

Yes, I would pick you as scum if Mr. Person flipped town, even though I went after him as well. I know my alignment, and would know that I just made a stupid mistake. I wouldn't do you the favour of assuming you made a stupid mistake, and would instead assume that you planned to have a townie die.
As to my bad 'if Mr. Person flipped town' answer, I picked the three people who were currently talking about Mr. Person as being scummy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #518 on: September 29, 2009, 08:03:35 am »

Busy day... I've been skimming now and then but haven't been able to read in depth.

Archangel... Stop complaining.  Keep your cool. Don't be a jerk.

For what's worth.  I don't feel like lynching Archangel right now because his reactions seems genuine town.

We need to lynch RedWarrior or Brothernature.

I'm at a loss as to who to choose first but I guess brothernature will do just fine.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 29, 2009, 09:43:09 am »

I wouldn't do you the favour of assuming you made a stupid mistake, and would instead assume that you planned to have a townie die.

*parrot* why?

I get dense sometimes, but I don't get it.  WHY, when you made the same mistake I had, when you know YOUR reasoning, as town, as to why you did it, why am I exempt?  Why do I take responsibility while you get a pass? 

Yes yes, you know your alignment.  However, you DON'T know mine.  If a town like you commit a mistake then why, oh WHY is the next person that does likewise 'oh so obviously scum'?  If there's something special about me that prompts that exception then I'd like to hear it.

As to my bad 'if Mr. Person flipped town' answer, I picked the three people who were currently talking about Mr. Person as being scummy.

Be VERY careful with that next time.  Just picking folks who show up behind you is almost like trying to randomvote at this point in time.  "Oh, who to pick who to pick.. let me look through last page and see who posted there". 

@Alex  Fine fine.  Arch gets to stay in his nightmare one more day, but I'm not going to stop pushing him. 

A deal perhaps: your hammer, so if you really to lurker hunt with then then fine, but our lynch is going to lynch a scum suspect. 

Brother's last post ANYWHERE is on Sept 24 in this thread.  I actually think that the game has overwhelmed him.  He logs in, but doesn't do anything beyond that.  I'm wondering if he may need a replace rather than a kill.  There's also the possibility that he's waiting for the WOTs to die down: he posted alright until those started popping up.

Red, though, has been around.. a bit.  Zaith's been pressuring him and there doesn't seem too much to get from him beyond that.  He bandwagons a bit, doesn't offer much beyond what's already out there and otherwise hides.

Unvote
So if it's between the two, I'd say Redwarrior
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 29, 2009, 09:56:06 am »

The day continues.  This Deja Vu is starting to make you exhausted - 8 days really is a long time to go without anything happening.  The computer, also tired of this seemingly endless day, prints out a much more generic looking votecount.

Mr.Person: Boksi, Redwarrior0, ToonyMan, Pandarsenic, Cheeetar
Archangel: webadict, Mr.Person, Archangel
Redwarrior0: Zaithemaster, Dakarian
Alexhans: Diakron
brothernature: Alexhans, Mephansteras
As for the queries I've received - no, you may not tactically quote your role pm for a modkill.  Doing so will result in a ban from future rounds, and it's cheating (otherwise you could just get everyone except webadict to quote their role pms and win instantly).

I cannot answer specific questions about roles on this thread - I can only answer them via pm if it's either your role or your known role.  Next round of Bay 12 Mafia will probably have unknown roles, with abilities seperated out clearly into alignment, passive and active abilities for less confusion.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #521 on: September 29, 2009, 12:20:50 pm »

posting quickly between classes:
Vote RedWarrior. (needs 3 votes to overcome Mr.Person's 5 votes)

I mostly agree with Web's list...

Cheeetar and Pandarsenic are scummier every minute.  Pandar isn't even trying to scumhunt but keeps trying to befriend everyone...

Cheeetar is mild too and looking to avoid suspicion more than scumhunt.

I have some players in mind for a temporal ban from future games but it has nothing to do with the current game so...

if we can get Redwarrior or brother to get more votes than mr.person I hammer. 

Cheeetar and Pandar are also going against the confirmed townies strategy with no reasoning as to why they would do it.

I hope Diakron comes soon and tell us what he thinks.

4 mafia with 15 players can be a bit harsh...

15 - 1 lynch:  14
14 - 1 kill: 13
and so on.
l: 12
k: 11
l: 10
k: 9
if we mislynch 3 times we're going to be left in 9 player lylo wich is fucked up.

town killing will reduce our possible mislynches.  I won't kil someone who I think town.

Bye. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:31 pm »

Makes me glad I fought you on the true lurker hunt.  We don't have the room to kill JUST for inactivity.  People who don't post are better dealt with by the mod and outside game mechanics should pressure not bring them out.  When they do post, then we can use what we get to judge.

Red hasn't given much out, but the little he does give looks wrong: not just unhelpful, but wrong. 

Btw, I'm opting for Cheeetar for the lynch, though that's not solid yet since I'm still questioning him. 

If not Cheeetar, then Panda.   What's with the "hmm, maybe web really IS scum and Leaf is messing with us?  Oh, just kidding."  Nothing like sewing the worst kind of chaos by making the town outguess the mod.

I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:58 pm »

Mephansteras, why AREN'T you scum?

Well, other then the fact that I didn't get put on the scum team, let's see.
  • I've tried to be helpful to the town. I pushed Mr.Person early on when he was behaving really suspiciously, but when he stopped being defensive and actually gave us some good solid reasons for his actions I turned to find someone else who was acting odd. Boksi, in that case, since he was shamelessly lurking and jumping on bandwagons without good reason.
  • When Josh brought up his idea I tried to make sure that we didn't dive headfirst into something without thinking it through. It turned out to be a good plan, but with all the odd roles out there I really wanted to make sure we weren't doing something stupid.
  • I've tried to remind people that we have a lot of rather suspicious lurkers in our midst, while so many others were embroiled in giant debates amongst themselves. We do this to ourselves all the time, lynching the active players who are trying to scumhunt while the real scum slink through to victory.
  • While I haven't been quite as active as I'd like, I've still done my best to contribute to the conversations, give my opinions, and answer any questions thrown my way. I may not be in the spotlight as much as some others, but I've done my best to be active in this game and help the town out.

There. If you have any other specific questions, let me know. Now, how about you answer us for a change? You're our confirmed townie, but you're being about as helpful as ToonyMan. All you've given us is bold statements of so-and-so is scum!!! You have to lynch them because I said so!, but that's not helpful. You've got a good sense for scum, webadict, but you're also wrong quite a bit. I see it all the time in Paranormal, and I'm not going to blindly follow you without knowing why you've picked who you picked. I'm willing to believe that you've got one or two scum in that list, but since I know you're wrong about me you could easily be wrong about the others as well.

For what's worth.  I don't feel like lynching Archangel right now because his reactions seems genuine town.

We need to lynch RedWarrior or Brothernature.

Thank you, Alex, it's about time people started paying attention to the fact that we've got players lurking around and jumping on bandwagons without any real reasons. Boksi, RedWarrior0, and Brothernature are all suspicious. They may not all be scum, but I'm betting at least one or two of them are.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »

@Meth

So to you, which one of the three should be hammered, and, if you have it already, which one shall we lynch?

If you are solid on the hammer, able to put a vote up on them?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 60