Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 49286 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:50 pm »

cowofdoom comes off as slightly insane
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2009, 10:18:55 am »

Just a random thought I had. How about instead of "liberating" child workers and prisoners, they "hire" groups of day laborers and illegal aliens? It trades in say, 50$ per conservative hired and they turn into semi-permanent members?

"Hey amigos, hop in the truck I got work for ya'll."

Hiring a group of day laborers at minimum wage to go storm the police station sounds like it would be perfect for a satire of the freemarket and whatnot.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2009, 12:31:58 pm »

Gives a whole new meaning to the Bushes idea to give more temporary work licences.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2009, 11:01:30 pm »

I approve at that idea.

Really, really good.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2009, 11:30:33 am »

Just a random thought I had. How about instead of "liberating" child workers and prisoners, they "hire" groups of day laborers and illegal aliens? It trades in say, 50$ per conservative hired and they turn into semi-permanent members?

"Hey amigos, hop in the truck I got work for ya'll."

Hiring a group of day laborers at minimum wage to go storm the police station sounds like it would be perfect for a satire of the freemarket and whatnot.
Hmm, interesting idea.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »

I had an ideas for recruitment:

If a potential recruit's wisdom is less than their intelligence, then there should be a severe disadvantage in recruitment attempts.  Adds to the "Conservatives are dumb" stereotype.  Of course, the player needs a snappy remark from the attempted recruit, such as, "I'm too smart to do this..."

Of course, there should be a list of "I'm too smart" comments the player can receive.

This also draws on how even very smart people can be diluted into joining the Conservative Crime Squad, if they're "Patriotic" enough (Wisdom is high enough).

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2009, 12:50:57 am »

Some other ideas

CCS should hold bake sales as a legal means of generating income. Like churches do, only in this case, its funding domestic terrorists, which is nothing like foriegn terrorists.

Also, "[W]ork as scab labor" could be a notority-raising and money making activity to fight the liberal labor unions. This would be illegal with L or L+ laws. Ironically, recruitment dialogue might be something like "They are taking our jerbs!" and whatever south-park dialogue you can work off with that.

CCS should raid prisons just to kill prisoners to make a point about how crime isn't being punished harshly enough. CCS members should be beaten by prisoners rather then the police if captured.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2009, 04:26:27 pm »

Actually, I like the irony of the CCS freeing murderers (who according to the CCS should already be dead), drug dealers (who according to the CCS should already be dead), and the occasional hacker (who according to the CCS should already be dead).

Not to mention the freeing of corrupt businessmen, corrupt cops, and the occasional interrogator who really crossed the line, who according to the CCS really aren't criminals once you think about it.

I love the bake sale idea.

Redneck: Git ya brownies!  Sup'ort tha C.itizens C.ommunity S.upporters!

Hippie: Cool dude, hook me up!

Redneck: Here ya go, five dollars!

Hippie: Thanks...[chomp chomp chomp]...Hey DUDE!  These don't got the GOOD stuff!

*Redneck Shoots Hippie with Magnum.*
*Hippie crumbles like the brownie he was just eating.*

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:06 pm »

Actually, recruiting highly-trained and highly notorious prisoners with a jail break sounds Conservative as hell.

Imagine them breaking out somebody like Ol' Timmothy McVeigh and recruiting him with an offer he can't refuse. Almost like a movie hook.

Still think they should make Conservative points by blowing away minor drug offenders and generic gangmembers in prison while avoiding harming the conservative prison guards.

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:04 pm »

I still think it should be done in a way that conservatives wouldn't feel insulted by it.  Like in the LCS, there are some jabs at liberals but basically the goals of the LCS are certainly things most players would sympathize with.  It seems a lot of the suggestions are what a CCS would be like from a liberal point of view.  I can't see even the most hardened conservative sympathizing with the goal of executing all criminals on sight.  That may be the liberal dystopia but it isn't the conservative utopia.  Maybe the problem is that other than corporate commissars on Fox or AM radio (and they really don't represent the rank and file) there's no organized coherent voice among conservatives in the U.S. for us to review. 

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2009, 07:13:43 pm »

Well, its supposed to be over the top and its supposed to be a mockery of political extremism. The LCS is the same way. "Animal are people too" and "There are no more rich people" and liberals gunning down non-union workers to protest industrial pollution.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:29 pm »

The problem is, other than, say, The13thRonin, me, IWM, and (possibly) Aqizzar, I don't know of any other Conservative here. And it's rather likely that we'd disagree on what would be the most "positive" form of extreme Conservative thought out there.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »

The problem is, other than, say, The13thRonin, me, IWM, and (possibly) Aqizzar, I don't know of any other Conservative here. And it's rather likely that we'd disagree on what would be the most "positive" form of extreme Conservative thought out there.

I'm fairly conservative. More of a centrist, but I voted for McCain in any case.

I think the entire point of the game is to NOT make extremism seem "positive".

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2009, 09:03:27 pm »

While I shouldn't go starting any flamewars, might I gently suggest that there are a whole lot of across the board conservatives who believe themselves to be moderates?  If you voted for McCain, odds are you are one of them.  I mean, McCain won 45% of the vote and 40% of the country describes themselves as conservative.  You do the math...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »

How does that show that conservatives believe they are moderates?  Was McCain so Conservative (he wasn't) than no right-thinking moderate would vote for him to bring the numbers from 40% to 45%?

You could still be right, but the statistic is irrelevant.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22