Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696447 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2520 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:46 am »

Which version do you use? Is it launched and you fort is loaded?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

EatMoreHippo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 17, 2010, 01:22:16 am »

Which version do you use? Is it launched and you fort is loaded?
I've tried both versions. All I see is the initial page asking to press f9 and with the logo, then it immediately goes to a black page with the text "could not find df process." I use windows xp with sp3 installed if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Also, if it isn't clear I've only just installed the game, I haven't generated a world or fortress yet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:25:38 am by EatMoreHippo »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:58 am »

EDIT: Also, if it isn't clear I've only just installed the game, I haven't generated a world or fortress yet.

That would be the problem.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 17, 2010, 08:32:49 am »

Is there a minimum screen size? I run 1440 x 900 and wanted to set up DF and Stonesense to run side by side but setting the resolution to 720x900 gave me a "unable to set graphics mode" error. Running it 1440 x 400 doesn't produce this error though. Running windowed and 1440 x 900 gives me the error but doing it 1280 x 800 doesn't.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 17, 2010, 10:07:22 am »

Is there a minimum screen size? I run 1440 x 900 and wanted to set up DF and Stonesense to run side by side but setting the resolution to 720x900 gave me a "unable to set graphics mode" error.
You need to shrink it a little vertically so the titlebar and stuff will fit.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 17, 2010, 10:15:57 am »

Anyone have any ideas? This: "Unzip to /terrain/ and add JadaelWalls.xml and JadaelFloors.xml to the top of the terrain index file."

Does not work.
Obviously the problem is that your computer hates you.

But if you post the contents of the index.txt files you've changed, a directory listing so we know where stuff has actually wound up, and maybe anything relevent looking from stonesense.log, then we may be able to force it to behave itself...

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:24 am »

I do think it hates me sometimes lol.

index.txt reads:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stonesense directory: Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Program Files (x86)>stonesense

JadaelFloors.xml, JadaelWalls.xml, jadael-blocks.png and jadaelfloors.png are all in:

Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Program Files (x86)>stonesense>terrain

Stonesense.log says:

Computer says no.

Anyone have any ideas? This: "Unzip to /terrain/ and add JadaelWalls.xml and JadaelFloors.xml to the top of the terrain index file."

Does not work.
Obviously the problem is that your computer hates you.

But if you post the contents of the index.txt files you've changed, a directory listing so we know where stuff has actually wound up, and maybe anything relevent looking from stonesense.log, then we may be able to force it to behave itself...

EatMoreHippo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 17, 2010, 10:51:37 am »

So how do I generate the fortress? Am I supposed to put the SS download into a normal DF folder with the fortress already made?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 17, 2010, 11:09:50 am »

index.txt reads:

JadaelFloors.xml, JadaelWalls.xml, jadael-blocks.png and jadaelfloors.png are all in:

Stonesense.log says:

Computer says no.

Maybe you need a space between the entries.  But I'm not sure.
I got my terrain index.txt like this.

Might work if you just copy that into the .txt. If it doesn't there might be something funky with the locations.

EDIT: Yea looking again you definately need a space or something between the entries, if you look closely it's thinking "JadaelFloors.xmlJadaelWalls.xmlMaterialWalls.xml" is all just one file, and it can't find it because there is no file with that crazy name.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:16:47 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2529 on: February 17, 2010, 11:10:55 am »

So how do I generate the fortress? Am I supposed to put the SS download into a normal DF folder with the fortress already made?
Well first you run dwarf fortress, generate a world, pick an embark location, and embark. Only then can you use stonesense. Stonesense is just a visualizer which reads your fort from dwarf fortress and shows it purdy.

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 17, 2010, 11:22:11 am »

index.txt reads:

Stonesense.log says:

Computer says no.

Maybe you need a space between the entries.  But I'm not sure.
I got my terrain index.txt like this.

Might work if you just copy that into the .txt. If it doesn't there might be something funky with the locations.

EDIT: Yea looking again you definately need a space or something between the entries, if you look closely it's thinking "JadaelFloors.xmlJadaelWalls.xmlMaterialWalls.xml" is all just one file, and it can't find it because there is no file with that crazy name.

Yay it worked!

I copied your quoted index text and it worked :). Thanks very much!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:04 am »

No problem, enjoy :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 17, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »

This wonderful utility did not exist when last I played DF.  I look forward to getting home tonight and starting a new fortress!  DF on my main monitor (1920x1080) and Stonesense on my secondary (1600x1200).  It shall be epic.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 17, 2010, 04:38:39 pm »

Neither.  You run SS after opening up any fort.  You don't generate fortresses, you build them after selecting a site on which to build - for which you need to generate a world, which is done in DF.  SS is a third party visualizer.  It does not hack DF in any way.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 17, 2010, 06:08:30 pm »

index.txt reads:
JadaelFloors.xmlJadaelWalls.xmlMaterialWalls.xmlMaterialFloors.xmlWalls.xmlFloors.xmlDefaultWalls.xmDefaultFloors.xml
OK, for some reason index.txt wound up a unix format file. The entries are supposed to be on separate lines, but notepad (I assume that's what you are using) doesn't recognize the unix newline characters.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 379