Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698614 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3495 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:32 am »

any1 attempting this? put the time into building a cool above ground castle cause marksdwarfs work, would love to b able to see it

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3496 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:29 am »

Question .. is there any way to add multiple sprites for a single object? Like statues? Like if I have a statue of rats, is there a way to add a sprite for that and have Stonesense distinguish between them somehow? Even if I just have two types of statues? I realize it probably can't detect what kind of statue it is based on the madlibs/description but if all the rat statues are made out of mudstone and the dwarf statues are made out of another type of stone, could I do something with that?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 13, 2010, 01:23:31 am »

Question .. is there any way to add multiple sprites for a single object? Like statues? Like if I have a statue of rats, is there a way to add a sprite for that and have Stonesense distinguish between them somehow? Even if I just have two types of statues? I realize it probably can't detect what kind of statue it is based on the madlibs/description but if all the rat statues are made out of mudstone and the dwarf statues are made out of another type of stone, could I do something with that?

yes, you can have different sprites for different materials.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 13, 2010, 03:00:49 am »

any1 got this working for .10? all my attempts have ended in failure

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3499 on: July 13, 2010, 03:01:54 am »

yes, you can have different sprites for different materials.
Sweeet. Thank you!

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 13, 2010, 11:12:49 pm »

any1 have this working with .10 or have a substitute for it

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:15 am »

If someone did, they would have posted it.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:06 pm »

Well I tried by taking the relevant memory entries for .09 and .10 DFHack and plugging them into the stonesense xml, but it crashes after a short time.  I imagine from the xml comments and location it's trying to view when it crashes it dies trying to get creature info.

I can confirm DFUnstuck works with .10 though, heh. :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3503 on: July 15, 2010, 06:59:48 pm »

Hey Japa, you mentioned a few pages back you're the only active dev. Why is that? People just busy at the moment?

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 15, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »

What does this mean? When I press F9 it flickers between this broken screen and some other even more broken screen:

This program worked fine on my Windows XP 32-bit machine, but now I am on Windows Seven 64-bit.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 15, 2010, 08:51:00 pm »

Hey Japa, you mentioned a few pages back you're the only active dev. Why is that? People just busy at the moment?

everybody's busy. me too now
What does this mean? When I press F9 it flickers between this broken screen and some other even more broken screen:

This program worked fine on my Windows XP 32-bit machine, but now I am on Windows Seven 64-bit.

it's not the OS. have you tried changing the graphics mode to directx? unless you install the official drivers of your videocard, windoes 7 has shit opengl support.

DamnedChoir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 16, 2010, 02:08:31 pm »

I'd just like to go onto the record as saying I'm one of those people who'd like Toady to combine DF and Stonesense into one application. :P

Awesome.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: July 16, 2010, 02:24:05 pm »

Awww, so this is the end for Stonesence development? Sure is a pity, you guys did awesome though.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 16, 2010, 03:09:32 pm »

Awww, so this is the end for Stonesence development? Sure is a pity, you guys did awesome though.

Wow, that's a jump.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

SenorPez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:00 pm »

Wow, that's a jump.

For most volunteer-based coding project, it's not. If all the devs lose interest, it's usually more common for a project to just cease development, since by the time new people are brought online, the community itself has moved on.

For example, 31.10 is still not supported. The community is moving on.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 379