Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696529 times)

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3855 on: August 23, 2010, 08:10:14 pm »

Hello once again,

After trying all i could trying to modify the XML there i still cannot change it, turning Stonesense into debug mode and checking the sprite loaded, it show the game is currently using the Sprite 143 or 145 for the marble wall made of block, after looking at the XML files nothing is using the 143/145 am i missing something?

Maybe i need to add something to the block.xml, if its the case im screwed as i dont know anything about adding a new wall....

I beleive you are looking for:
Code: [Select]
<block sprite="143" color="material">
    <!-- pillar -->
    <terrain value="495" />
    <!-- wall -->
    <terrain value="496" />
    <terrain value="497" />
    <terrain value="498" />
    <terrain value="499" />
    <terrain value="500" />
    <terrain value="501" />
    <terrain value="502" />
    <terrain value="503" />
    <terrain value="504" />
    <terrain value="505" />
    <terrain value="506" />
    <terrain value="507" />
    <terrain value="508" />
    <terrain value="509" />
    <terrain value="510" />
    <terrain value="511" />
    <terrain value="512" />
    <terrain value="513" />
    <terrain value="514" />
    <form value="block" />
    <material value="Inorganic" />
    <subsprite sprite="145" />
  </block>
in Test.xml

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

Edit: If I click the "report bug to microsoft" thingy, do you get those reports?
Negatory Ghost Rider.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: August 24, 2010, 12:00:26 am »

I didn't think so, but I have no idea how devs would tie into that, so I didn't know if it was easy or not.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3858 on: August 24, 2010, 02:56:52 am »

Edit: If I click the "report bug to microsoft" thingy, do you get those reports?
Negatory Ghost Rider.

I think it goes directly to the infamous printer-connected-to-shredder.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: August 24, 2010, 04:33:37 am »

Negatory Ghost Rider.

I think it goes directly to the incredibly dwarfy printer-connected-to-shredder.
Fix'd.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: August 24, 2010, 04:37:56 am »

yup, shredder has a printer directly hooked up to his brain.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #3861 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:00 am »

yup, shredder has a printer directly hooked up to his brain.

Too bad Bebop and Rocksteady can't read...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:15 pm »

Just curious. Is stonesense compatible with 31.12? The readme leads me to believe not, but then again, how often are those things updated? Meh.

Basically my screen merely flickers when I press F9 and it says "connecting to DF."

I've heard there is an "XML" file to possibly mess with (spreadsheet). If so and applicable, what do I do with it?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:09 pm »

If you are unable to connect to DF, before doing anything else, try updating to the latest Memory.xml file. This is a direct link to the latest version known to be compatible with Stonesense.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3864 on: August 25, 2010, 04:04:15 am »

Just curious. Is stonesense compatible with 31.12? The readme leads me to believe not, but then again, how often are those things updated? Meh.

Basically my screen merely flickers when I press F9 and it says "connecting to DF."

I've heard there is an "XML" file to possibly mess with (spreadsheet). If so and applicable, what do I do with it?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

You're right Truean, you need to download a new XML file :) Just drop this into the stonesense folder, replacing your old Memeory.xml, this will give .12 support. You see, At the time Slate was released, new versions of DF came out every week. We had to do something like this. Today we are very close to being ready with a new version that will support .12 off the bat. Good luck mate!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: August 25, 2010, 05:35:27 am »

This is kind of unrelated, but I didn't want to make a new topic about it. What utility do I need to reveal magma, chasms, HFS, etc. in embark mode? It's such a pain to search the entire map square by square for a magma vent, and then to not find one in a useful position.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: August 25, 2010, 10:48:00 am »

This is kind of unrelated, but I didn't want to make a new topic about it. What utility do I need to reveal magma, chasms, HFS, etc. in embark mode? It's such a pain to search the entire map square by square for a magma vent, and then to not find one in a useful position.

You can do that with DFHack's "dfreveal" tool. Be careful though, I'd recomend you back up your savegame, because once you reveal your map, it unleashes the HFS messages and spawns them (which slows down FPS etc). Having one save that you can go back to to see the revealed stuff is handy, and another save that isn't all screwed.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:18 am »

Thanks a lot!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: August 25, 2010, 11:05:06 am »

Stonesense has an unhide function too, one that doesn't mess up your saved game. Shift-H.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3869 on: August 25, 2010, 11:11:07 am »

Guys, I think you haven't understood the question. It was about how to reveal features in *embark* mode.

Answer: the old features (chasms, etc.) are gone. You can only see/reveal volcanos and cave entrances. This is done either in some init file or by setting some variables for custom worldgen...
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 379