Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696482 times)

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New version out, 2.1
« Reply #3990 on: September 05, 2010, 10:39:57 am »

The new version looks very nice, good work.  One (minor) thing I have noticed though, is that in the init.txt file everytime you meant to say "whether" you say "weather". :D
Diggy diggy hole.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: September 05, 2010, 10:41:06 am »

sorry, I'm terrible at spelling.

gumbyscout

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3992 on: September 05, 2010, 11:26:55 am »

Does anyone else have incorrect coloring of dwarves and animals in linux? My cats turn up blue, kittens are red, dwarves beards are the same color as their skin, etc. Also, I have never gotten the "ctrl-F5" to take a full screenshot to work, whether in linux or windows. It says "taking large screenshot", and then doesn't save anything, or at least where I can find it. Normal screenshots work though.

you need to set the drawmode to software. it's a hell of a lot slower, but it's not limited by video ram.
Things still aren't colored properly. Also, like you said, way hell of a lot slower.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:51 am »

colorse need to be fixed by peterix for linux.

stoftware mode is really only for taking large screenshots.

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:31 pm »

A somewhat obscure feature I would love extremely would be an input buffer. Right now it seems to only register keypresses if they're held down at the end/beginning of a frame, and when the framerate is extremely low (say 1 or 2fps) it makes it hard to, for example, 'go down one Z level'.

You have hold the key and guess when the frame ends, and if you guess wrong you'll go down like two or three levels instead.
~ T

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: September 05, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »

Great job with the new version. I have only a minor problem with it. Double clicking the exe file does absolutely nothing. This is on XP machine. *wants to take pretty pictures of new fort*. Also noticed that my goblins are now used in it! Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:32:31 pm by belannaer »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: September 05, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »

If you need some examples of simple threading, i can send you some. It is c++, but if you are not using this language it could give you ideas.

Those would be great. we're using C++, with a library that gives  similar threading functions to pthreads.

You could try using QT.. it lets you embed opengl in a way that will work better cross platform. It lets you do sound in a way that works better cross platform. It has threads in a way that works better cross platform. Etc Etc

You can do stuff like.. QtConcurrent::run(Function); and it will straight up run a function in another thread out of its thread pool.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: September 05, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

Great job with the new version. I have only a minor problem with it. Double clicking the exe file does absolutely nothing. This is on XP machine. *wants to take pretty pictures of new fort*. Also noticed that my goblins are now used in it! Cheers!

I've downloaded and tested the new version on my computer, which is XP SP2 (wait, it's SP2? I thought I installed it frm an SP3 cd   :-\ ) and it opens and runs fine, no problems with .12

I also noticed that it was a bit more responsive to my key presses than the previous release- until I went underground
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: September 05, 2010, 04:56:54 pm »

I've downloaded and tested the new version on my computer, which is XP SP2 (wait, it's SP2? I thought I installed it frm an SP3 cd   :-\ ) and it opens and runs fine, no problems with .12

I also noticed that it was a bit more responsive to my key presses than the previous release- until I went underground

Running SP3 myself and I tried changing rendering options and everything and stillf nothing. At least in previous version when it didn't work (it is working now) I got the opening screen before crash/hanging to connecting but now I don't get anything, absolutely nothing happens when the exe is run. I also re-downloaded and deleted the old Stonesense couple of times to make sure I didn't accidentally install it over the old one or anything. Did also few reboots.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:05:26 pm by belannaer »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: September 05, 2010, 08:04:10 pm »

If you need some examples of simple threading, i can send you some. It is c++, but if you are not using this language it could give you ideas.

Those would be great. we're using C++, with a library that gives  similar threading functions to pthreads.

You could try using QT.. it lets you embed opengl in a way that will work better cross platform. It lets you do sound in a way that works better cross platform. It has threads in a way that works better cross platform. Etc Etc

You can do stuff like.. QtConcurrent::run(Function); and it will straight up run a function in another thread out of its thread pool.

We're using Allegro. it let's us embed OpenGL in a way that will work better cross platform. It lets us do sound in a way that works better cross platform, it has threads that work better cross platform, Etc. Etc.

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #4000 on: September 06, 2010, 12:09:13 am »

Hmm. Is blood on by default or do I need to turn it on? I'm not seeing any.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: September 06, 2010, 12:26:47 am »

it's on by default.

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #4002 on: September 06, 2010, 12:36:18 am »

it's on by default.
Huh D: would there be any reason its not showing up? its a savegame that was updated to .12. at first I figured it probably just wasn't rendering old blood but now I've had dwarves bleed out and eviscerate stuff and it's still not showing. maybe they're just not bleeding enough yet?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:39:39 am by Star Guarded »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: September 06, 2010, 12:41:53 am »

could you upload the savegame, so I can have a look?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: September 06, 2010, 01:26:01 am »

I answered you in a PM, but I'll answer here too.

people, before complaining about lack of blood, first use the debug mode to see how much blood there actually is.

amounts less then about 100 just look like little splatter, that are more transparent, the less blood there is. if you want proper amounds of blood, bleed more for amok's sake!
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 379