Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696496 times)

aragaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4170 on: October 05, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »

I admit, I didn't pay attention to allegro version - the one in Ubuntu repos is 4.2. Once I built allegro 5 from source, I managed to compile stonesense.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: October 08, 2010, 04:17:36 am »

what the hell is this thread doing on page three?

shameless bump!

btw, testing now with the new 0.5.0.2 df hack, getting still crashes on windows

Bellerophon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:59 am »

I've seen requests for full control in Stonesense be shot down as damn hard because there's no way to tell the menu status, but is there any reason that it can't just clone the current display of the menu in DF directly and pass the keystrokes back to the game? I know that kind of access is possible; Dfterm and all those things have access to the full text-based game... all you'd need would be that and the cursor position.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:14 am »

why would you replicate the exact same bad dwarf fortress interface in stonesense? if there are no enhancements done in the middle, it's useless*, and if there are, it's an helluvalot of work.

*you will also need to rotate stuff to give command behind slopes and walls such, so it's actually worse than the top down view.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 08, 2010, 04:58:29 am »

I don't think anyone wants to see another khazad.

Hieronymus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: October 08, 2010, 11:45:47 am »

Total DF noob here, joining in having read with great interest the LP's for Boatmurdered et al. Just wondering if anyone could help me re: Stonesense. Having a bit of a nightmare getting it to work. I've downloaded the dfhack.dll, replaced the memory.xml with the latest version and all that, DF itself works fine, but anytime I try to run Stonesense it simply displays the connecting screen for a long while before a Microsoft runtime error comes up and the whole thing has to close.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

anqxyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4176 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:17 pm »

Stonesense it simply displays the connecting screen for a long while before a Microsoft runtime error comes up
Same problem here. Also, if I replace memory.xml, but not dfhack.dll, Stonesense starts and works, but  shows only terrain and buildings, no creatures, dwarfs or stockpiles. You could try this until better solution is found.
The forgotten beast Namicamela has come.  It is a colossal fluffy wambler.  It has thick, soft fur and undulates adorably.  Beware its awwwwww, aren't you a fuzzy widdle guy.
In software development, the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90%.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: October 08, 2010, 12:29:33 pm »

Stonesense it simply displays the connecting screen for a long while before a Microsoft runtime error comes up
Same problem here. Also, if I replace memory.xml, but not dfhack.dll, Stonesense starts and works, but  shows only terrain and buildings, no creatures, dwarfs or stockpiles. You could try this until better solution is found.

Nice find.
But it also shows no material colours.  :-\
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

anqxyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4178 on: October 08, 2010, 12:54:29 pm »

Oh, so Stonesense even shows material colors. Nice. I'm only playing DF about a week now, tried Stonesense just yesterday, so didn't know how it was supposed to look.  Anyway, back to the topic. It also don't create entire map screenshots properly. If anyone have solution to any of these, I'll be glad to hear it, because I really really want to make screenshot of the siege that tearing apart my fortress right now.
The forgotten beast Namicamela has come.  It is a colossal fluffy wambler.  It has thick, soft fur and undulates adorably.  Beware its awwwwww, aren't you a fuzzy widdle guy.
In software development, the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90%.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:43 pm »

Total DF noob here, joining in having read with great interest the LP's for Boatmurdered et al. Just wondering if anyone could help me re: Stonesense. Having a bit of a nightmare getting it to work. I've downloaded the dfhack.dll, replaced the memory.xml with the latest version and all that, DF itself works fine, but anytime I try to run Stonesense it simply displays the connecting screen for a long while before a Microsoft runtime error comes up and the whole thing has to close.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Perhaps you can post up what version of Stonesense you're using, as well as the version of your DFHack & Dwarf Fortress. Oh, and your OS version as well.

Kortalh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 09, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »

I have the latest version of each, and I'm running on Windows 7 - it gives me the connecting screen but never connects.

I was using DF 31.14 previously, and it worked fine then. But it apparently didn't like me updating.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: October 10, 2010, 01:36:05 am »

Just so you all know, I've been on vacation, which will be over in the next day or two, which is why I haven't been able to do anything with stonesense.

1LeftShroom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I have no life, that's why I have this one up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: October 10, 2010, 01:51:43 am »

Stonesense never works for me, it keeps saying that the configuration is wrong or something like that, but when I do all that configuration with the init thingy it still says its wrong!  :'(
>=3

Hieronymus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 10, 2010, 09:01:43 am »

As far as I can see, I'm using DF version 0.31.12, Stonesense Slate version 2.1 and DFhack version 0.5.0.2. At least those are the names of the folders... My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium, service pack 2. Hope that helps?

Bellerophon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 10, 2010, 07:51:35 pm »

why would you replicate the exact same bad dwarf fortress interface in stonesense? if there are no enhancements done in the middle, it's useless*, and if there are, it's an helluvalot of work.

*you will also need to rotate stuff to give command behind slopes and walls such, so it's actually worse than the top down view.

So you don't need to view in one window then control in another.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 379