Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696561 times)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now with .16 support
« Reply #4275 on: November 08, 2010, 03:19:22 am »

Gimme a template and I'll take a shot at it.

This post from Solifuge explains the situation quite well. You'll be wanting the "Wall" template there, I think

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 08, 2010, 06:16:23 am »

Well, I only meant that I didn't like how they looked like water. Or, that they looked like water while the floors looked like snow.
It isn't an ice fort, by the way. I just had a bunch of ice left over from the river I dug out so I made a swanky (by my standards) entrance.
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:00 am »

Dunno if this goes here or not, but, I'm having trouble taking full fortress screenshots...
I press CTRL+F5, it comes up with the message "Saving Large Screenshot..." which promptly dissapears (way before it should do.), leaving me without a massive screenshot of everything in the world.
It used to work on my faster computer, but then I was using version 2.1 on that. Then the computer broke - so I no longer have 2.1 to test to see if it's just this version.

Anyone got any ideas on this?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 10, 2010, 08:11:18 am »

read the log, it'll give some helpful hints.

but the basic problem is that your videocard does not have the memory required for taking the shot, so it fails. (in retrospect, a dialog box would have been helpful)

the way to fix this is to use software rendering, which uses the system memory rather than the videocard memory, and so is less likely to run out. it is, however, slow.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 10, 2010, 08:48:07 am »

It may be slow, but at least it should work. That's the important bit.

..Whoa, slow was an understatement. Anyhow, despite it's complete obscurity there...
Personally, I'd probably run the screenshot in segments, so that you can save it to a buffer (AKA: Temporary) file, while it saves. Should go easier on both RAM and Video RAM, and make it possible for even the oldest Video cards to save screenshots.

But it looks like I finally have that one screenshot. Just another two more to go.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 10, 2010, 09:28:10 am »

It may be slow, but at least it should work. That's the important bit.

..Whoa, slow was an understatement. Anyhow, despite it's complete obscurity there...
Personally, I'd probably run the screenshot in segments, so that you can save it to a buffer (AKA: Temporary) file, while it saves. Should go easier on both RAM and Video RAM, and make it possible for even the oldest Video cards to save screenshots.

But it looks like I finally have that one screenshot. Just another two more to go.

I'm glad you at least got it working Fayrik :) You see, we tried the segmented approach, but there are some more complicated issues with gluing them together (like water etc).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: November 10, 2010, 09:33:29 am »

is there a way to enable drawing of all the z-levels down from the current one for the ctrl+f5 full fortress screenshot?

increasing them one by one is really slow

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 10, 2010, 09:40:35 am »

yeah, change the default value in the init.txt.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 10, 2010, 09:57:37 am »

*facepalms*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:24 am »

I think that's an Elven Facepalm.

Also, the software rendering is SO slow, I really can't describe it. That post wasn't half an hour late for no reason, it really did take that long.
I'm playing with the idea of having a combined rendering system, though even to me it sounds hideously complex, but I'm just wishing for a faster system I guess.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 10, 2010, 11:01:49 am »

I think that's an Elven Facepalm.

Also, the software rendering is SO slow, I really can't describe it. That post wasn't half an hour late for no reason, it really did take that long.
I'm playing with the idea of having a combined rendering system, though even to me it sounds hideously complex, but I'm just wishing for a faster system I guess.

You should have seen the old one ;) twelve hours was normal heh

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 10, 2010, 12:05:15 pm »

You should have seen the old one ;) twelve hours was normal heh

Hey! I said I was sorry!

Ilya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 10, 2010, 04:53:23 pm »

What key am I supposed to press to be able to see my dwarves? I tried all the keys in the Readme, and I still can't see any dwarf or animal.

samantha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 10, 2010, 11:34:39 pm »

I have a problem, and it seems that only one other person thus far has had this....

For some odd reason, when I launch Stonesense after running DF saved game, I press F9 at the screen and it does absolutely nothing. I've tried everything from the memory.xml, dfhack, directX, you name it....but it still just sits there!

Running Windows 7 32-bit

please help! :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:07 am »

you using the sdl or the legacy version of DF?
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 379