Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698704 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #4980 on: May 02, 2011, 02:15:46 pm »

Is there a way that stonesense will work for 0.31.25?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: May 02, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »

See OP.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29:32 pm »

See OP.

Okay. I read that it is compatible for all 31.xx or 2010 DF versions, however, I cant run it. For some reason its just stuck on the loading screen when I start it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:11 pm »

Did you download and install the new xml for DFhack under the orange "if things are not working" part?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: May 03, 2011, 04:05:48 pm »

Did you download and install the new xml for DFhack under the orange "if things are not working" part?

Okay, I did that, its still not working. The error thing is similar to: "Windows has found a problem and must now close the program"

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: May 03, 2011, 09:18:02 pm »

A few questions.

1. I know it says full ss is broken and after reading the thread it appears Japa disabled it. Is it possible to reenable it on my end and deal with any bugs? It is kind of hard to see the scope of a project without a zoom out function and without a full ss.

2. Even if full ss worked will stonesense render 230 z levels in said screen shot or would I have to split the picture?

3. If full ss remains broken would it be possible to implement a zoom out feature so it would be possible to see the entire fort and not just the little bit that is shown?

Thanks
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: May 10, 2011, 11:23:09 am »

Um, would it perhaps be possible to have someone update the front page of this thread? I mean, we have 31.25 capability, if you sorta go back a few pages but it's kinda buried in the thread and not exactly easy to find. If it's an informational issue can whoever made it compatible with 31.25 send the proper data to the OP? I mean, do we really want it disjointed like this, "O for the current 31.25 version, you need to page 323 of the thread...." *confused*

Respectfully,
Truean
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:29:40 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: May 10, 2011, 11:48:38 am »

If stuff's not working
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"This is a direct link to the latest version"

that's pretty clear.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: May 11, 2011, 06:14:14 am »

Maybe just update the topictitle and the xml in the zip? Apparently people are confused often, and .25 has been around for a while now. I don't think we'll get an updatestorm anytime soon now.

AO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: May 12, 2011, 03:25:01 pm »

Maybe just update the topictitle and the xml in the zip?
...and add to the first post refusal to turn SS into a GUI.  ::)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: May 12, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »

Maybe just update the topictitle and the xml in the zip?
...and add to the first post refusal to turn SS into a GUI.  ::)

Seconded.

"GUI: Stonesense does not wish to have a graphic user interface, because we feel that would step on Toady's Toes. We respectful decline to do so, especially to the Toad himself."

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: May 12, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »

Actually, the reason is "There's only one person doing anything with stonesense, and he doesn't need it to be a GUI."

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »

That and it would be really difficult to turn stonesense into a GUI. It is a great project, but if you wanted to make a GUI you would be better off starting from scratch.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: May 13, 2011, 05:35:47 am »

Actually, the reason is "There's only one person doing anything with stonesense, and he doesn't need it to be a GUI."

That and it would be really difficult to turn stonesense into a GUI. It is a great project, but if you wanted to make a GUI you would be better off starting from scratch.

I really wish you were right.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76183.msg1928969#msg1928969
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOD-LHLUQIo

Tell me that isn't stonesense and DF?

Please don't quote me.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:57 am »

He might just be using the stonesense graphics, which ARE a very easy to reuse asset.

Either way, IDK. I kind of have my own UI for DF project in the works, and I know I will never open source it for this very reason. I don't mind if someone rips me off, but if someone rips off Toady that pisses me off.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 379