Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696511 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #4995 on: May 13, 2011, 06:09:34 am »

Tell me that isn't stonesense and DF?
That isn't stonesense and DF.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DwarvesH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: May 13, 2011, 06:40:23 am »

Metaphorically speaking, I can see how someone could interpret it as such. But it is not.

Here is a newer video that starts to use other graphics. The highlight is the new trees, but because the rest of plants are still from Stonesense, and so is the grass, it still looks like Stonesense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOQiQ2u73g
What do you think? Does it start to look different?

And speaking of Stonesense, I tried to compile it and I couldn't do it. In Allegro headers, I got error regarding the compilers not understanding what a "__cdecl" is. I did not have time to investigate further.

Could someone post some compilation instructions using Visual Studio Express (the free one from 2010) and Vista SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=ff6467e6-5bba-4bf5-b562-9199be864d29&displaylang=en). It has been a few years since I used Visual Studio, and I am quite rusty at solving problems with the build process.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:33 am »

main instruction I can give with VS, is use the project files that are given, not Cmake.

As for allegro, that's more iffy.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: May 13, 2011, 01:06:20 pm »

I literally asked for this :)

Metaphorically speaking, I can see how someone could interpret it as such. But it is not.

Here is a newer video that starts to use other graphics. The highlight is the new trees, but because the rest of plants are still from Stonesense, and so is the grass, it still looks like Stonesense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOQiQ2u73g
What do you think? Does it start to look different?

And speaking of Stonesense, I tried to compile it and I couldn't do it. In Allegro headers, I got error regarding the compilers not understanding what a "__cdecl" is. I did not have time to investigate further.

Could someone post some compilation instructions using Visual Studio Express (the free one from 2010) and Vista SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=ff6467e6-5bba-4bf5-b562-9199be864d29&displaylang=en). It has been a few years since I used Visual Studio, and I am quite rusty at solving problems with the build process.

Let me just save everyone some time, be about as polite as I'm gonna get about this and say I don't think you can convince me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

DwarvesH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: May 14, 2011, 02:48:16 am »

main instruction I can give with VS, is use the project files that are given, not Cmake.

As for allegro, that's more iffy.
Could you tell me the exact versions of the tools you use. Visual Studio Express 2010 imports and converts the provided project files. Maybe it messes up something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: May 14, 2011, 04:40:19 am »

I use VS2005, but I have converted the files at one point to 2010 express without an issue. if you check back to a previous commit, you can get a 2010 project file.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: May 14, 2011, 04:53:30 am »

Let me just save everyone some time, be about as polite as I'm gonna get about this and say I don't think you can convince me.

lol thats funny since he linked you to his youtube channel which shows him testing the gui he is developing which you linked.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: May 14, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

lol thats funny since he linked you to his youtube channel which shows him testing the gui he is developing which you linked.

That's funny cause there's a few points you're missing, which I made:

a.) A proof of concept that a stonesense like GUI could be technically possible.
b.) There are a whole thread full of people I linked to who felt like I did.
c.) The youtube link and thread I gave are far older than his.
He even states, "Here is a newer video that starts to use other graphics. The highlight is the new trees, but because the rest of plants are still from Stonesense, and so is the grass, it still looks like Stonesense."
This openly states he used stonesense sprites. <--- At some point it was Stonesense and therefore DF.

Now if you're quite done trying to dredge up an issue that will not be productive at all....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:32:05 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: May 14, 2011, 09:32:29 pm »

Hrm, I see in the 'if stuff's not working' portion, an Ubuntu fix. Can this work with Linux? I don't see a specific Linux version or a source to build from, though...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Ralinth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: May 16, 2011, 09:11:36 am »

So I downloaded this, it didnt work. I did the fix it says in the "if this dosnt work" section, it dosnt work. Every time I have tried to run it I get an error that says "application not configured correctly, try reinstalling", so I download again and it still dosnt work. Am I just not meant to ever get to use this? Any help would be appreciated.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5005 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:50 am »

Hrm, I see in the 'if stuff's not working' portion, an Ubuntu fix. Can this work with Linux? I don't see a specific Linux version or a source to build from, though...
Yes. It can be built using CMake, if you install DFHack and allegro 5 first. Note that DFHack and stonesense can get out of sync. Send me a PM if you run into any problems. Or visit the #dfhack irc channel on freenode.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:48 am »

So I downloaded this, it didnt work. I did the fix it says in the "if this dosnt work" section, it dosnt work. Every time I have tried to run it I get an error that says "application not configured correctly, try reinstalling", so I download again and it still dosnt work. Am I just not meant to ever get to use this? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you right clicked and saved the xml file in stonesense's folder, replacing the old one? Not as readily apparent as you'd think.

Please don't quote me.

AO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: May 17, 2011, 10:23:03 pm »

I've got some updates here.
  • buildings/VerticalBars.png & buildings/VerticalBars.xml - colors of building material.
  • Fluids/Fluids.xml - set up appropriate sprites for truncated water and magma.
  • creatures/caravan_animals.xml - geese => goose
  • buildings/HorizontalAxle.xml - postfix "st" was lost in conditions.
  • Looking through the thread from the beginning, I found a couple of tiles that can be added to creatures.png:
    Spoiler: creatures.png (click to show/hide)
    Almost all by Deon, exсept Beefmo's dragon. And some issues with cropping and positioning was fixed (ogre is still cropped from the bottom, he is too big). Bat is included with beefmo_subterranean now, so here was dublicate.
  • creatures/wildlife.xml - RATMAN => RODENT MAN and new ones.
  • humans.png & humans.xml - individual files, updated for coloring (to replace "humies" ones). Not finished fully, but covers existing version. Children were lost by some reason earlier.
    Spoiler: humans.png (click to show/hide)
    I've tried "variations" option here for hairs, but with moving creatures it works not so good. Red thing is a plume for champions.
  • I found that slightly screwed up the positioning of objects and the understanding of how the program cuts their edges last time (so, Japa, redownload images [1][2], please, sorry again). And therefore I wanted to check out basic images. Some tiles in objects.png was cropped a bit (chairs, cabinets, bed, tables), some not centered (boxes and raised bridges).
    Spoiler: objects.png (click to show/hide)
    • For the aforementioned reasons, slightly changed table legs.
    • With floor grate help grayed for recoloring cage and wall grates.
    • Added variations for archery target pillar.
    • Animal Trap - not very pretty, but the real ones looks like cages or boxes anyway.
    • Full set of trap placeholders. It's difficult to draw something like that in a single cell without overloading it with nonessential details, besides traps may interfere engravings. So... I allowed myself to finish a simple schematic versions until there is nothing better.
      When nearby is a wall spike and weapon traps draws their wall variants. Maybe it's not a good idea, because truncation doesn't affect it and fortification counts as walls. Anyway this can be purged from xmls.
  • buildings/Cage.xml
    buildings/Kennels.xml
    buildings/WallGrate.xml
    buildings/Target.xml
    buildings/Spikes.xml
    buildings/CageTrap.xml
    buildings/WeaponTrap.xml
    buildings/StonefallTrap.xml
    buildings/AnimalTrap.xml

Just updated xmls, coloring and new tiles and variants.

And a pair of issues (maybe too early, while contaminations not fully released).
Troll blood is displayed red (in game it's light-blue), while human blood is black (at arena at least), ichor is white as it should be.
Is it real to make visible contamination on the walls at now?
Zones and stockpiles when hidden also hide all grass on their tiles (blood is not affected), looks quite reasonable if reversed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:39:41 pm by AO »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: May 17, 2011, 10:41:43 pm »

At the moment, there's no real way to set blood color. I had some hardcoded values, but now they're messed up, and there's probably some other poor animal with blue blood now.

I'll put these into the next version, whenver that is...

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: May 20, 2011, 03:12:20 pm »

I'm getting 'cannot load image: stonesense.png' when I open it on Linux. I have libpng and allegro, do I need to set it to look elsewhere for that PNG? It's in the same folder.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 379