Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698739 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5010 on: May 20, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »

It's the same folder. if it's not loading, there's probably something wrong with allegro, since that's the first image it tries to load.

Did you build all the allegro dependencies?

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: May 20, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »

I believe so. I've got zlib1g and libpng12 from my package manager, both are updated. Apparently those two are what allegro uses to read PNGs.

I installed every dependency (including optional ones, but not the documentation) from this page. I used allegro 5, by the way:
http://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Install_Allegro5_From_SVN/Linux/Debian

More specfically, all these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I just rebuilt allegro again, same error. Does stonesense need a rebuild as well, once I fix that? Apparently not, nothing changes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:25:34 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: May 21, 2011, 04:58:30 am »

Sorry but i'm not going to read 333 pages of posts, this has probably been mentioned but : Gem windows don't orientate properly when between glass windows, looks like the NeighbourSameType tag doesn't recognise gem windows and glass windows as being the same (understandably). I suppose fixing this would require code changes, perhaps adding a "NeighbourSimilarType" or a "NeighbourWindow" tag.

Also I have a random "Urist" with a generic sprite on my map, its not a Ghost or anything else that exists on that tile

Fantastic app though, its great to see things in '3D' definitely a prerequisite DF companion.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 21, 2011, 05:09:45 am »

That indeed would be a nice tag to add, and that is indeed a bug, but the guy who was last developing stonesense, and consequently the one that knows what everything does, has kinda given up on the project.

what a bastard, leaving us all hanging like this.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 21, 2011, 07:48:51 am »

Odd, I got latest off the SVN repo and the GemWindow thing has been fixed. The package on the thread's 1st page points to a different version. In fact the SVN version seems to support diagonals too.

There is a "NeighbourOfType" tag : i.e
Code: [Select]
<NeighbourOfType dir="South" value="building_window_glassst"/>
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:50:31 am by hjd_uk »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 21, 2011, 09:19:33 am »

That indeed would be a nice tag to add, and that is indeed a bug, but the guy who was last developing stonesense, and consequently the one that knows what everything does, has kinda given up on the project.

what a bastard, leaving us all hanging like this.

Hum, any possibility of getting him back? Why did he leave? I'd throw him a couple bucks in addition to my monthly $10 to Toady if it comes down to it....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 21, 2011, 09:52:46 am »

No, he'd never accept cash for it. the problem is, he's got a full time job, now, plus he's busy perfecting his super-villain laugh.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 21, 2011, 10:00:23 am »

That sounds rather unfortunate for the project.
Though I'm sure it will be nice for this person to have a steady income.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 21, 2011, 10:10:15 am »

Yeah, it is, but it means when I'm home from work, I'm too wiped out to work on stonesense.

But remember, people, stonesense is open source, so anybody can pick it up.

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:08 am »

Yeah, it is, but it means when I'm home from work, I'm too wiped out to work on stonesense.

But remember, people, stonesense is open source, so anybody can pick it up.

Crap.  I hate programming.  I have to start programming again, don't I?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 21, 2011, 12:47:54 pm »

No, he'd never accept cash for it. the problem is, he's got a full time job, now, plus he's busy perfecting his super-villain laugh.

Full-time jobs are really bad for DF community projects.  I need to be unemployed again so I can work on the Ark Project.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 21, 2011, 12:55:22 pm »

Full-time jobs are really bad for DF community projects.  I need to be unemployed again so I can work on the Ark Project.

Polyphasic sleep! Lead two lives, literally!

After all, if Batman can survive on two hours sleep a day, so can you. Actual sleeping habits of Bruce Wane not known.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #5022 on: May 22, 2011, 07:43:53 pm »

Hi there. I'm running DF 31.25 and trying to run SS 2.3 under a Windows XP virtual machine and i'm getting:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I installed the vcredist_x86 files (MS ones, not the indie one as it's been put offline) and the problem persists. Any other tip?

Thanks!

Phanixis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: June 01, 2011, 10:16:33 pm »

^ ^ ^

Exact same problem.  Searched the whole thread for a solution, and all I can see are references to the little spoiler in the first post, which fails to solve my problems.  The readme file lacks any discussion on how I might configure or troubleshoot this program.

I would love to try this program out, but no offense guys, the tech support and instructions as is are outright wretched.  I don't think any of the previous post asking this question have been answered.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: June 01, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »

It's mainly because the project is sorta dead right now.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 379