Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696526 times)

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5175 on: July 29, 2011, 09:16:51 pm »

I wish there was a human replacement pack I could download for this. :/

I usually play this with a human-fortress mod which changes a few things, including the models. It's kind of an eye-sore to see the same 3 human models waltzing around.
Two pictures of Deon's humans are in the middle of thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1198590#msg1198590

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1198800#msg1198800

Anyway, there is no xml file for them. Someone will have to create it. Or maybe Deon have one, I don't know.

And here is improved current version, with skin, hair and profession coloring, but without special images for the most of professions.

I love you. And, how do I install these? I've been using the Lazy Newb Pack, so, it really has made me a lazy noob.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: July 31, 2011, 11:46:08 am »

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, may I present my compilation content pack.  Instructions are included on the DFFD page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If something's not working send me a PM.  Also, I'm still waiting to confirm redistribution of TheraHedwig's GrimDark stuff in a compilation like this is OK, but I've got no response in a week and people seem to want this thing. 
where is up?

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: July 31, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »

What are all those darkened areas in the first image, some sort of lighting system?
~ T

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5178 on: July 31, 2011, 04:43:41 pm »

What are all those darkened areas in the first image, some sort of lighting system?
Adventure mode field of vision.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #5179 on: July 31, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »

I already gave caldfir green light, but I'll clarify myself here too.

Basically, all the graphics I make for stonesense are a gift to the df community. This means you can modify them and redistribute them if you want. However, I made this for the DF community, and would therefore like to ask people to only use the graphics I make for DF-related purposes. I do not want my stuff to show up in some isometric fantasy game that has little connection to dwarf fortress, nor would I want it to show up on some indie game development resources site.

This is mostly because I've not made the graphics for that purpose. It also devalues the amount of work I put into it as the value of the graphics were I to be paid for them is quite high.

Otherwise, spread the love :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: July 31, 2011, 11:09:49 pm »

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, may I present my compilation content pack.  Instructions are included on the DFFD page:

If something's not working send me a PM.  Also, I'm still waiting to confirm redistribution of TheraHedwig's GrimDark stuff in a compilation like this is OK, but I've got no response in a week and people seem to want this thing.

It... It's beautiful! How did I not know about any of these? D:

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 01, 2011, 05:08:47 am »

Alright - it seems like somehow I left out index.txt (I feel pretty dumb right now  :-[) from the uploaded file.  I've fixed it and re-uploaded just now.  Thanks to Weaselcake for contacting me promptly. 

Anyway, everything seems to be working now. 
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:01 am »

Alright - it seems like somehow I left out index.txt (I feel pretty dumb right now  :-[) from the uploaded file.  I've fixed it and re-uploaded just now.  Thanks to Weaselcake for contacting me promptly. 

Anyway, everything seems to be working now.

you may as well also include stonesense.exe, as that's needed for the multi-tile trees.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: August 01, 2011, 05:47:50 am »

Holy hell, that's really sexy. Some of the colours are a bit strange but still.

Thanks for the fine work, team.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 01, 2011, 05:50:05 am »

if anybody's wondering, the reason this hasn't been officially released is because the grass tends to hide everything, and the trees look rather weird.

also bugs.

also I have a life.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:02 am »

Any word on a Stonesense edit for the Genesis Mod? All the purple question marks and invisible creatures are getting a bit annoying.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:25 am »

Make one.

it isn't hard, just needs lots of drawing.

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 01, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »

I had a quick scoot around the last half a dozen opages or so and didn;t find anything.

I can't get this great looking tool to work. With the default memmory.xml it just sits there, and the log says it couldn't find the DF process.

With the modfied memmory.xml it crashes as soon as i try to load it up with the following error:

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Stonesense.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4d79a94c
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR80.dll
  Fault Module Version:   8.0.50727.6195
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4dcddbf3
  Exception Code:   40000015
  Exception Offset:   000046b4
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   2057
  Additional Information 1:   9ce9
  Additional Information 2:   7c9eef8c5f8944bc21d35958388d54c8
  Additional Information 3:   bdf1
  Additional Information 4:   b8ad9f80cdc41bf0afe6c111f6a1d4be

I'm running Vista, (yeha i know :(), and have put exception in all protection prgrams as well as used the run as administrator option on an admin account, still no joy.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: August 01, 2011, 02:03:48 pm »

you may as well also include stonesense.exe, as that's needed for the multi-tile trees.

Ah, yeah, I remember that now that you say it.  I was trying not to include too much stuff and making people not download the official release first... although I suppose that's technically still true.  Re-uploading again. 

if anybody's wondering, the reason this hasn't been officially released is because the grass tends to hide everything, and the trees look rather weird.

Yeah, I would agree that while it makes pretty scenery screenshots, with the updated grass and trees it DOES become challenging if you want to look around your fort for your dwarves or something.  There ends up being a lot on the screen, and it can feel a bit like wheres waldo.  I typically switch the grass off if I'm not planning on taking any screenshots, because it makes everything easier to see.  Especially terrain height changes. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:32:04 pm by Caldfir »
where is up?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 01, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »

Ah, yeah, I remember that now that you say it.  I was trying not to include too much stuff and making people not download the official release first... although I suppose that's technically still true.  Re-uploading again. 

Yeah, I would agree that while it makes pretty scenery screenshots, with the updated grass and trees it DOES become challenging if you want to look around your fort for your dwarves or something.  There ends up being a lot on the screen, and it can feel a bit like wheres waldo.  I typically switch the grass off if I'm not planning on taking any screenshots, because it makes everything easier to see.  Especially terrain height changes.

I found that if you copy and paste the files you provided into an existing, unzipped Slate 2.3 folder and all of the features you would expect show up. Just let the OS overwrite the files and it seems to work quite nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 379