Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698616 times)

Luiz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5265 on: November 12, 2011, 02:58:39 pm »

I'm with a problem: I can't run the stonesense in the menu utilities of the Lazy Newb Pack, I run it, but it doens't appear and nothing happens. I need of the NET Framework installed to work? or is another thing?

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: November 12, 2011, 03:30:15 pm »

I'm with a problem: I can't run the stonesense in the menu utilities of the Lazy Newb Pack, I run it, but it doens't appear and nothing happens. I need of the NET Framework installed to work? or is another thing?
that's old. it now runs as a part of df hack.

Has anyone found a solution to the constant disconnects from DF? I've found other people complaining about it in this thread, but there was never any answer or acknowledgement.

It's especially annoying with dfhack refusing to restart stonesense after closing it, saying it already runs. Means that after each disconnect, I have to save and completely restart DF to get a ssense view.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5267 on: November 13, 2011, 12:14:57 am »

Has anyone found a solution to the constant disconnects from DF? I've found other people complaining about it in this thread, but there was never any answer or acknowledgement.

It's especially annoying with dfhack refusing to restart stonesense after closing it, saying it already runs. Means that after each disconnect, I have to save and completely restart DF to get a ssense view.
What? Haven't heard of that problem before.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: November 13, 2011, 12:31:07 am »

I have that problem too. it's really irresponsible of the devs to not fix such a major issue.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: November 13, 2011, 12:14:29 pm »

The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: November 13, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »

It's a major crash bug and easy to reproduce and the lazy-ass dev isn't doing shit about it.

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »

What? Haven't heard of that problem before.
I've found a few posts in this thread talking about it, but remembering the exact google search query is hard ;)

There's one here, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1221738#msg1221738 which suggests 'restart stonesense' as the only solution.

Normally that's fine, but that advice was pre-dfhack and when it's disconnected like that, df-hack refuses to restart it with the message 'stonesense already running' after the stonesense window has been closed. I imagine that means it's not being shut down properly.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5272 on: November 15, 2011, 04:23:40 pm »

I've found a few posts in this thread talking about it, but remembering the exact google search query is hard ;)

There's one here, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1221738#msg1221738 which suggests 'restart stonesense' as the only solution.

Normally that's fine, but that advice was pre-dfhack and when it's disconnected like that, df-hack refuses to restart it with the message 'stonesense already running' after the stonesense window has been closed. I imagine that means it's not being shut down properly.

Well. The difference is that stonesense is running inside DF now. So when stuff goes bad in it, it should catch the error and shut down properly. It apparently stops working, but is nice enough not to crash everything else. Hmm.
Can you post the log files when this happens? (should be in DF folder, ending in .log)

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

Well. The difference is that stonesense is running inside DF now. So when stuff goes bad in it, it should catch the error and shut down properly. It apparently stops working, but is nice enough not to crash everything else. Hmm.
Can you post the log files when this happens? (should be in DF folder, ending in .log)
I'll look definitely have a look for the log the next time this happens.

details I should have added before:
I'm using DF 0.31.25 with Phoebus' graphics pack (started from LNP). The latest dfhack is installed. Only other tool being used is Dwarf Therapist. Running on windows vista.
The exact problem:
Stonesense runs and displays fine. occasionally, at seemingly random points, it will stop updating from DF. At that point, it can still display and scroll fine, but will no longer get new game data, nor will the follow function do anything. If that occurs and I close the stonesense window and then try to restart it, it fails with the message 'stonesense already running'.

which log files exactly? I see a stonesense.log, but the rest appears to be unrelated.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:39:07 pm by Korenn »

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: November 15, 2011, 09:31:48 pm »

It just happened again...

Stonesense.log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I reckon that's not very useful... ;) do I need to run it in some debug mode?

Romaq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Breaking 32-bit memory
« Reply #5275 on: November 26, 2011, 04:33:25 am »

DF on Win-7 x64 breaks as it gets around the 2G memory limit. I can make a fortress 13x13 and be under the limit, but 16x16 breaks on embark, and I can watch DF crash as I get close to that limit.

I make a 13 x 16 embark, then start Stonesense Felsite(3.1)... it works. I start adding levels (Stonesense increase z-depth buffer), and as I do so DF's memory climbs (I expect as it's a DLL within DF now). I hit the 'almost 2G limit' by adding levels in Stonesense, the whole works blows up.

Would it be possible to throw a check for "I won't let you add levels 'cause I'm close to blowing up memory"" on increasing z-depth?

On your next 'major revision' branch of StoneSense, would it be possible to make the '.dll' side of it a very 'thin' server with a 'client' running in a separate memory address from DF? I think the DLL approach is fantastic, I really like what you did with SS Felsite. Other than having to share that "tiny" 2G memory space with DF, this is fantastic.

A 13 x 13 embark works. I look forward to seeing what 'screenshot the entire fortress' cranks out when it's working again... if my memory abuse doesn't blow it up. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:05:48 am by Romaq »

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5276 on: December 14, 2011, 08:35:46 am »

What do I actually do to get this running? Do I need to have DF running and playing the game, or just open....?
Also, will build 0.31.25  work with this or no, because mine can`t seem to connect.
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: December 14, 2011, 08:44:13 am »

Stonesense has now merged with DFHack

Once dfhack is installed, you run it by typing stonesense in the DFhack console.

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: December 14, 2011, 08:55:54 am »

Is DFHack absoloutlely nessecary? I know if I get it ill probably use the hacks all the time and ruin the game and im to lazy to do it anyway.
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5279 on: December 14, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

Is DFHack absoloutlely nessecary? I know if I get it ill probably use the hacks all the time and ruin the game and im to lazy to do it anyway.
Then go into the plugins folder and delete what you don't want to use. Just keep stonesense.plug.dll
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 379