Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696505 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5280 on: December 14, 2011, 08:21:41 pm »

Is DFHack absoloutlely nessecary?

Yes. Much like having one of either windows or linux. It's a system requirement.

knight133

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: December 24, 2011, 06:42:59 pm »

can you make this an game? and not a mod.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: December 24, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »

Sure, go right ahead. The source is in the OP.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: December 25, 2011, 03:51:54 am »

Although I am sad that this is kinda dead now, Japa's last few posts on this thread have made me lol heartily.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: December 25, 2011, 07:04:51 am »

Although I am sad that this is kinda dead now, Japa's last few posts on this thread have made me lol heartily.

Happy to entertain. I just wish I had more free time.

Iceco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:12 pm »

How hard would it be to add the option to cut the embark site in 'x-levels' and 'y-levels' too? (So instead of taking off z-levels, you'd be able to see a cross-section of your fortress.) You could either be adding new section planes (allowing to cut off x, y and z-levels at the same time), or switch between a x, y and z-mode of the single section plane (probably being the easier option).

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #5286 on: January 18, 2012, 02:58:38 pm »

Hi i had a question/request  :)

would it be possible to let stone-sense follow one dwarf, or a few dwarf on split screens?
so that we could see what they are up to
i asked around (seen link ) and well stonesense  is the closes  thing that come to it

suggestion forum:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5653.0

mod  forum:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99080.0
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: January 18, 2012, 03:03:02 pm »

It is possible. But that would require an active Dev, which stonesense doesn't have.

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #5288 on: January 18, 2012, 03:16:20 pm »

aaahh... so i have a bigger chance to win the lotto then this would  ever work..
or it should be implemented in DF, and probably  i will still win the lotto quicker then
cause they have better stuff to add to the game
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »

It is possible. But that would require an active Dev, which stonesense doesn't have.

What's it run, C++ right? I'd help out if it were python based, but I haven't done anything in C++ in years.

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #5290 on: January 19, 2012, 06:27:22 am »

i sadly dont know if its in C++ or Phyton..
but if you get this to work
you are the coolest person i ever met on the internet  :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:19 am »

It's C++

randoof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: January 31, 2012, 06:11:22 am »

Hi i had a question/request  :)

would it be possible to let stone-sense follow one dwarf, or a few dwarf on split screens?
so that we could see what they are up to
i asked around (seen link ) and well stonesense  is the closes  thing that come to it

I was just thinking.. one "hacky" and long-winded way of following one dwarf would be to put them in their own squad and then use something like AutoIt to repeatedly hit "z" for you. It would then follow the dwarf within Dwarf Fortress and therefore in Stonesense as well.
There are a few problems with this:
  • Only one dwarf at a time
  • Add a new dwarf to a squad each time to watch them
  • Cannot interact with the game whilst in "follow" mode
  • Always in "Squad" mode
  • and more ...

I have no knowledge of the outside programs you can use with Dwarf Fortress as I only play vanilla, but it might be that is a way to automate at least some of the process..

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:15 pm »

Wondering if anyone here can help me with this..
I've been working on a stonesense spriteset for the MLP mod, I've made some good progress but I've hit a snag
The mod has, by default 8 castes: earth pony, pegasus, unicorn and alicorn, in both genders.
However stonesense debug only seems to indicate that these are either male (1) or female (2) regardless of what species they are.

Accoding to the wiki:
Code: [Select]
Creature Genders
Each <variant> node can be extended with a sex attribute to add an additional condition for creature gender. For most races. dwarfs included, the attribute can have one of two values, "M" for male or "F" for female. However, if the creature has more than two castes, a number must be used, starting from "1", and continuing in order that the castes are listed in the rawfile. Again a simple example would be beneficial:

adding these variants to the xml results in all males looking like variant 1 while all females look like variant 2, regarless of caste

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: February 09, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »

You can put a number instead of a M or F  with the number corresponding to the order they are defined in the caste list.  Or at least you used to be able to, my own little personal mod also has more than 2 castes and thats the way I used to handle it before I switched over to a more sensible method.

For example...
Code: [Select]
    <variant prof="SUTURER" sex="2" sheetIndex="72"
    file="Dracon.png" />
    <variant prof="SURGEON" sex="1" sheetIndex="73"
    file="Dracon.png" />
    <variant prof="SURGEON" sex="2" sheetIndex="72"
    file="Dracon.png" />
    <variant prof="CHILD" sex="4" sheetIndex="44"
    file="DraconBlue.png" />
    <variant prof="CHILD" sex="3" sheetIndex="44"
    file="DraconBlue.png" />
Where 1 and 2 are the male and female castes for one type, while 3 and 4 are the female and male caste of another type. and that continues like that in my files up to 10.

Of course I can't guarantee that still works, there had to be some reason I moved to another method, but that used to be how it was done.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 379