Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696499 times)

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1350 on: November 24, 2009, 08:58:30 am »

Can you turn on debug mode and tell us what flags the baby has? I have a few weirdly behaving creatures with the lostLeaving tag, but hadn't quite gotten to the point of hiding em all

"historical" and "on ground"

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 24, 2009, 09:11:55 am »

"historical" and "on ground"

Historical baby ?

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 24, 2009, 09:22:43 am »

It a baby, so its named, right? Can you find out where it really is? I'm wondering now if their location gets ignored when they get hauled around...

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:22 am »

It a baby, so its named, right? Can you find out where it really is? I'm wondering now if their location gets ignored when they get hauled around...

I've got only one "Likot" and that's a child by now. Sonesense says "Job: Baby", though.
That child appears as a regular child, where it should be, too.

In legends mode I found a second "Likot" that was abducted. It seems my guessing was correct. :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:37 am »

I've worked on the elves a bit:

If this style is alright, I will finish all professions. Is it good for us?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:44 am »

could there be an option for the arrow keys to 'act normal'? i.e up for up, right for right and so on. i know this is iso, but it just feels really odd with the way its currently configured..

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 24, 2009, 11:05:09 am »

For some reason, Stonesense fails to show any buildings (just yellow blocks). Apparently, it is "Unable to load building config index file". Plain vanilla download, haven't changed a thing.

What am I doing wrong?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 24, 2009, 11:18:52 am »

What am I doing wrong?
Bad decompression? Check the directory structure- do you have a buildings directory with an index file and a bunch of xmls?

hughesdylan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 24, 2009, 11:19:06 am »

I second his suggestion on the controls. I find it somewhat counter-intuitive and frustrating to have isometric movement. The camera, and all your sprite work is wonderful, but the movement kills me.

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 24, 2009, 12:08:00 pm »

tried tweaking the water a bit, to make it look a bit calmer and more blue.
old vs new:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5930/objects.png

edit: just got an idea. how about som regional variety to some of the nature sprites? like the water would be more dark blue in a cold region. or the grass, like in a desert region, make the sprite have slightly 'less straws', and a bit more yellowish color.

edit2: there really seems to be a memory leak (maybe you aldready know). been having the task manager up for the last 10 min, df is paused, and stonesense has been untouched for the duration. memory load grows at a very steady pace. started out nice at 17mb or so, now its up to 103mb. and ive more or less only embarked, so cant blame the dwarves :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:01:35 pm by dyze »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1360 on: November 24, 2009, 12:33:06 pm »

I am getting crashes whenever I try to look at the area where most of my Dwarves are at.  I can look at the fortress with your previous version with no problem.  I have installed the new version in its own directory so there is no interaction with the old version.  After the crash, I have to use Task Manager to get rid of the application because it is still in memory.

I can look at the surrounding terrain complete with wildlife, but every time I creep up on the areas with the Dwarves, I get the crash.  I have tried it with the game paused and with the auto reload time set to 0.

WinXP SP 3
3.8 GHz Pentium 4
2.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

DF 40d

What other information do you need?

Edit: I can look at the crowded area if I go there with CF and use F to get there in Stonesense.  It seems to be one particular view that is upsetting Stonesense.  Let me try to capture the information for you graphically.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:49:35 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 24, 2009, 12:48:35 pm »

I second Slink's crash report (And I just had my armorer get a strange mood producing a steel shield).

6 GB Ram
500 GB Hard Drive

Intel Centrino 2 Quad Core (yes I know it only runs DF off one)

The only other sticker on this thing has "To reduce risk of electric show or serious injury [sic]". Yes, the warning label is misprinted on my HP. I suppose I would want to reduce my risk of electric show.

[I will purposefully try to overload my system and force a crash to see if this issue can be duplicated].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 24, 2009, 12:49:44 pm »

I am getting crashes whenever I try to look at the area where most of my Dwarves are at.  I can look at the fortress with your previous version with no problem.  I have installed the new version in its own directory so there is no interaction with the old version.  After the crash, I have to use Task Manager to get rid of the application because it is still in memory.

I can look at the surrounding terrain complete with wildlife, but every time I creep up on the areas with the Dwarves, I get the crash.  I have tried it with the game paused and with the auto reload time set to 0.

WinXP SP 3
3.8 GHz Pentium 4
2.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

DF 40d

Are you using any mods?  If you could upload your map somewhere, I'm sure it'd help out too.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1363 on: November 24, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »

Here is the map area that the new version is crashing at.

In DF:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In prior version of Stonesense:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can see the courtyards in the new version if I am on their level in DF.  I can see the depot and that interior in the new version as long as I have absolutely none of that open area above the courtyard visible.  As soon as I move just one arrow key towards the open area, it crashes.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1364 on: November 24, 2009, 01:07:00 pm »

WinXP SP 3
3.8 GHz Pentium 4
2.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

DF 40d

Are you using any mods?  If you could upload your map somewhere, I'm sure it'd help out too.

Yes, I am.  Can you read a 7z-compressed file if I upload that to my ftp?

Edit: NM, I will use RAR.  The world.sav is already as compressed as it can be made.

Edit #2: http://www.drislink.com/slink/dwarffortress/StonesenseCrash.rar
It contains the save directory and the raws object directory.  Let me know, please, when you have gotten this so I can remove it.  It's a largish chunk.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:44:41 pm by slink »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 379