Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696516 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1395 on: November 25, 2009, 01:41:55 am »

Anyway later when we're settled down with the major things as stones, creature sprites and other objects, it won't be hard to reorganize all the creature references to track different files, so it will be easy to change a specific race while not touching others.
I was going for a more cartoony and bright feel to supplement the current bright and nice style. I am sure there will be grim and dark graphic sets later.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 25, 2009, 02:49:38 am »

OK I am leaving off to work, here're the elves. Use them as you want :D. I will add other professions later.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 25, 2009, 04:11:35 am »

These are indeed much better (and I think I did comment on your elves earlier asking for exactly this more slender look).

I see you used a wide stance on the military much like was done with humans and I think this is a good idea, they look more active/energetic/excited then civilians which is appropriate and a good alternative to slapping gobs of armor on them.

Only criticism with the latest stuff is that the weapons on the sword, mace and hammer users are hard to distinguish because the weapons are over the rest of the body.  Try having them hold the weapons in different ways, say over the head or at a slanted angle to make them look different.  Keep it up I think you've got an excellent look going and these are on par with the humans that have already been done.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Afthartos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 25, 2009, 05:17:29 am »

I think a polka-dot scheme for stockpile would look good and would be consistent with DF so people would be able to understand what it was.  Perhaps even coloring the dots to indicate the stockpile type would be possible someday (as far as I know no one has ever hacked the memory for stockpile orders)

Make that Pink polka-dots
YOU SIR, HAVE COMMITED DORF SCIENCE!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 25, 2009, 05:53:36 am »

OK, here they are.

I've completed all the "allowed" professions. However kidnapped/captured elves may use other profession, so they will follow.

Woodcrafter/bowyer is holding a branch instead of a knife because 1) elves have no metals; 2) they have no axes either so they probably use magic to bend wood and branches into usable objects.

Only criticism with the latest stuff is that the weapons on the sword, mace and hammer users are hard to distinguish because the weapons are over the rest of the body.
I won't change the stance because I like it, instead I've made weapons to have a green tint. They are somehow magically transformed from wood/plants, so why not. You can easily see them now.

Also I've made peasants to be blond, "nobles" (trader, druid) to have green hair and military to have red hair. It makes them different enough.

Peasant, trader, herbalist, clothier, weaver, woodcrafter/bowyer, animal caretaker, druid, skeleton (no gender), zombie (no gender)
Wrestler, swordsman, spearman/pikeman, maceman, hammerman, lasher, bowman, crossbowman, blowgunner.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Seuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 25, 2009, 07:28:13 am »

“Reality is that part of the imagination we all agree on”

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #1401 on: November 25, 2009, 07:31:00 am »

Those look great man! Do you think you could provide them in a losses format?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 25, 2009, 07:39:33 am »

Losses?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:59:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 25, 2009, 07:44:40 am »

sorry, i meant "lossless", as in something that's not distorted by the compression. The image was jpg. I was gonna see about adding them

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 25, 2009, 07:58:27 am »

Uh, it was png. Damned hosting. Anyway, do you have photoshop? I can send you my dev. PSD file, with other creatures like frogmen, lizardmen etc.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:59:48 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:33 am »

Only criticism with the latest stuff is that the weapons on the sword, mace and hammer users are hard to distinguish because the weapons are over the rest of the body.
I won't change the stance because I like it, instead I've made weapons to have a green tint. They are somehow magically transformed from wood/plants, so why not. You can easily see them now.

Hm, I also think the weapons would be easier to make out in a different pose, green tint or not. Your call of course, and I guess it would be a pain to change them now.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 25, 2009, 08:03:59 am »

I am getting crashes whenever I try to look at the area where most of my Dwarves are at.  I can look at the fortress with your previous version with no problem.  I have installed the new version in its own directory so there is no interaction with the old version.  After the crash, I have to use Task Manager to get rid of the application because it is still in memory.

I can look at the surrounding terrain complete with wildlife, but every time I creep up on the areas with the Dwarves, I get the crash.  I have tried it with the game paused and with the auto reload time set to 0.

WinXP SP 3
3.8 GHz Pentium 4
2.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

DF 40d

What other information do you need?

Edit: I can look at the crowded area if I go there with CF and use F to get there in Stonesense.  It seems to be one particular view that is upsetting Stonesense.  Let me try to capture the information for you graphically.

Thanks for posting such detailed info, and the save really helped pinout the weakness. I figured out what was causing it, and it was some insane data coming from DF, seems something has been corrupted in there somehow. I added a check to handle cases like this now, but that check isn't in the a4 release, so I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you right now...

It seems to be the walls in this area that are doing it. so maybe it would help taking them down and reconstructing them. Not sure though.

http://imagebin.org/72932

Good luck :)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 25, 2009, 08:07:53 am »

Uh, it was png. Damned hosting. Anyway, do you have photoshop? I can send you my dev. PSD file, with other creatures like frogmen, lizardmen etc.

oh it was? cool, I'll have a look at it then. I dont have photoshop on this laptop though...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 25, 2009, 08:10:24 am »

I will send you a png than. I mean it was png BEFORE I uploaded it.

Here's a frogman+lizardman.

[EDIT] Here's a link at the whole png file, with elves, frogman, lizardman and uhm... a bigger horse :D.
http://depositfiles.com/files/nlipu9fup

P.p.S. Where's the list of acceptable (in XML) professions? Why is the human "axedwarf", not "axeman"? Is there an "animal caretaker"?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:00:01 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 25, 2009, 08:43:01 am »

oh it was? cool, I'll have a look at it then. I dont have photoshop on this laptop though...

it seems some hosts like tinypic renames png's to jpg for some reason (no compression tho), so just rename them to png.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 379