Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696490 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1425 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:25 pm »

Eh...

Anyone have it happen when shut down DF and StoneSense VIA Task Manager, reload from a previous save, and turn off that Hidden Blocks thing in Stonesense, that you see every stone in each section? Like what would happen if you used Reveil.

It's very laggy D:

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1426 on: November 25, 2009, 07:46:34 pm »

After further experimentation I think this is the result of editing constructions with Dtil.  Stonesense crashes whenever it encounters a location in which I remove a construction by replacing it with Open Space.  It does not crash where one type of natural terrain is replaced with another.  I know that Dtil does not copy constructions correctly, but apparently it also does not correctly overwrite constructions with natural terrain.  I remember now that I had used Dtil to remove some faulty work on that roof area because I was in a hurry to get it rebuilt before the next siege arrived.  It protects the courtyards from archers on the surrounding slopes, and therefore exposed the construction workers to those archers while they were building.

That's it then. Debugging has shown me how the issue happens. DF reports blocks/tiles in a separate operation than it reports constructions. The list of constructions will list a series of coordinates and the material of the block on the tile. In this case, there are constructions in that list that do not have counterpart blocks. As this was pretty much assumed to never ever happen (how could it?) there was no sanity check when the block was retrieved. In your case the block returned did not exist, and you get a null-pointer crash. I've added a fix for it now, like I said, but building all those edited tiles over again would almost certainly fix the issue, as far as I can see :) good luck!

That makes a lot of sense.  If one tries to copy, for example, a segment of wall using Dtil, the result is a generic "Wall" with no material type.  I don't know if it functions normally otherwise because I did not save it that way.  I will make a post in the Dtil thread, in case that programmer wants to add the feature to his program.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #1427 on: November 25, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »

Eh...

Anyone have it happen when shut down DF and StoneSense VIA Task Manager, reload from a previous save, and turn off that Hidden Blocks thing in Stonesense, that you see every stone in each section? Like what would happen if you used Reveil.

It's very laggy D:

Sure you didn't hit H by mistake?

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 25, 2009, 09:27:36 pm »

Alright, here's what I've got for the military:

The top row is the most conservative, but for the champion I prefer the middle dwarf.
Which helmets do you guys think are the best?
I've still got to flip these guys so that they are facing left so they'll be easier to distinguish from civilian dwarves, per KaelGotDwarves' suggestion.
Oh, I've also got to make the royal guards, regular guards, and champions... Maybe full helm for the champions, some sort of hat for the guards, and something special for the royal guards?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22:05 pm »

Eh...

It's very laggy D:

Sure you didn't hit H by mistake?
That's the thing, before when I hit H, it just made the black blocks invisible. Now, it makes them what tile they are, whether it's layer or cluster/vein/LARGE GLOB. It's very annoying, I wanna see the lower areas of my furt.

Edit: Billowing cape for the royals.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 26, 2009, 12:39:29 am »

Strangler:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 26, 2009, 01:13:07 am »

Edit: Billowing cape for the royals.
I AM INSPIRED
unfortunately it won't fit as a sprite.

Too billowy to. Therefore, one that will.

...hmm. not billowy enough, I think.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:20:48 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 26, 2009, 02:41:16 am »

~ T

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 26, 2009, 02:56:46 am »

Look not bad, but they look like you ditched the detail from earlier, kinda liked them better.

Will probably fit better like that, though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 26, 2009, 03:52:46 am »

This is great :D. I can't wait when it's included.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 26, 2009, 04:06:30 am »

I just noticed I left my little test metal wall on there in the lower right. It's the wrong size, but what do you think about the idea? I thought it was kind of silly for metal walls to be giant solid cubes, so I made a girder-frame with metal sheets on the outside.

A similar idea could possibly be used for block-wood walls; log constructions for raw wood, frames and planks for block wood.
~ T

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 26, 2009, 05:43:32 am »

How many more creatures should I draw to recieve another "looks good" comment? I like those :D.

Anyway, I've made a ratman and here's the image of all critters I've made yesterday and today because I don't want you to scavenge the thread for the pieces:

As I told, + ratman
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 26, 2009, 06:53:28 am »

That's the thing, before when I hit H, it just made the black blocks invisible. Now, it makes them what tile they are, whether it's layer or cluster/vein/LARGE GLOB. It's very annoying, I wanna see the lower areas of my furt.
Sorry, missed one item on the readme. The key you are actually after is B

H: Toggle Show Hidden Blocks
B: Toggle Shade Hidden Blocks

Weq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:59 am »

First time poster in this thread.

First of all *great work*. Really love the application, even more so because it actually works on my PC at work.
Second - are gems not included in walls yet, and will stockpiles show the items inside. Would love to see my display of goblin skull totems outside my fortress.

YojimboUsaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:55 am »

How many more creatures should I draw to recieve another "looks good" comment? I like those :D.

As I told, + ratman

Frogman - excellent.  He looks very grumpy :)
crocman - his pose is a little...effeminite. maybe a little more hulking.  I always pictured the crocmen as one of the really imposing animal men.
Pinkguy-  a little to much pink
the rest look really good.

Yoj
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 379