Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696480 times)

Shoehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1770 on: December 01, 2009, 06:05:01 pm »

I have to agree with the majority about Deon's lady dwarves.  Several look like they wouldn't exactly be safe for work.  Enter the lady dungeon master as an example.

Deon said that was a joke. Have you ever looked at what Dungeon Masters wear?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 01, 2009, 06:12:45 pm »

Cloaks, mittens. Full stop. (I think they'd wear platemail if civilians were permitted, as it's in their prefs.)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Koolaidmanohya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 01, 2009, 06:22:19 pm »

I just wanted to chime in and say that I personally love Deon's Rotund beauties, and think they are alot of fun. Granted, I agree that they should not be the 'default' stonesense dwarves due to their adult orientation, but I get a kick out of them and would certainly use them. From an artistic standpoint they seem extremely creative and well thought out, and graphically are top notch to boot.

Reading back a few pages it wads also noted that there will be improvements in the area of being able to pick and choose the sprites that you wish to use.

I guess the bottom line seems to be that if you don't like the sprites, you won't have to use them. Just please don't attempt to censor him based upon your personal preferences.

BTW the shirtless male Dwarves are pretty outrageous as well. I love it  :o ;D

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 01, 2009, 06:23:49 pm »

If a "funny" set is made...dwarfs must lack one sock each.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 01, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

I have been thinking about Thrones in relation to tables, becuase it has allways bothered med that Thrones where depicted as stools(in this and graphic tilesets), becuase Throne is far more dwarfish than a stool.
Thats a nice idea.
well, this requires that there is some sort of XML condition tag like "NeigbourObject [GameID] [Direction]"
to make the chairs face towards the table, is ther esuch a tag?
There is a tag to detect type of the neighbor, like
<NeighbourOfType dir="East" value="gear_assembly"/>
I really need to fix the wiki for a4 sometime before a5 comes out... Your best bet might be either poking around the other xml files for info or, if you can understand the code to any degree, looking at the BlockCondition classes
EDIT: and one more thing, how do i figure out what GameID diffrent stuff has? i've been thinking about doing some wall and engraving work.
Currently we are pretty close to the limit of what we can actually detect wrt walls- we cant tell blocks from raw constructed walls, or engraved from smooth, for example. Or very much about the materials used. Also, the walls havent reached the level of configurability of anything else.

Some stuff you can tell by running in debugger mode and checking the information it gives you.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 01, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »

Something else which is related that bugs me is that floodgates built in a 1x3 segment will have the middle floodgate flipped to the wrong direction about half the time. I noticed this while constructing a dome. On the eastern and southern 'walls' of the dome, both 1x3 sets of floodgates had the middle door rotated 90 degrees from the two surrounding doors, as if it wasn't properly taking its cue from the floodgates next to it.
Ooops. That would be because it wasn't. Looks like the config for that is rather lacking.
Another bit of a peeve is that glass windows are so thin and are without corners, and glass blocks, like all other masonry-based walls, appear exactly identical. Either I have an opaque dome, or I attempt to fake it with windows and have to deal with overhanging floor tiles.
I need to have another look at options for reading in wall tiles, but it currently isnt looking hopeful for being able to detect glass walls.
I'd help out instead of 'complaining', but I lack in the graphics-fu.
Some things are just plain oversights, so complaining can be helpful, too.

edit: Do your floodgates work better if you grab the latest floodgate config from
http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/trunk/buildings/Floodgate.xml
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:02:59 pm by kaypy »

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #1776 on: December 01, 2009, 07:15:05 pm »

If we DID want 3D rendered sprites, it's actually not that hard at all. I put these together in like, ten minutes.

personally I love these, the fact that they've already been modelled in 3d means that 'were' DF to start use facings, the works already done to get them updated. Plus they have the iconic look something like this is bound to have
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 01, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »

I like how they look in-game, but as Jonathon said, it is kind of weird for them all to be in the same pose, facing the same way.

Maybe I'll just go through and randomly rotate each one so they all face mostly towards the camera but with variation, instead of directly at a tile edge.
~ T

Grif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 01, 2009, 08:12:03 pm »

I liked Deon's female dwarfs though they could probably be better off with a slightly smaller boobage...  ;)

And compared to the male dwarves I think they look much better, perhaps a bit more work on the male dwarves to make them as good looking as the females.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 01, 2009, 08:13:08 pm »

I liked Deon's female dwarfs though they could probably be better off with a slightly smaller boobage...  ;)

And compared to the male dwarves I think they look much better, perhaps a bit more work on the male dwarves to make them as good looking as the females.

With huge rotund guts?

I don't know if I want all the Dwarves to be Obese

Koolaidmanohya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:33 pm »

With huge rotund guts?

I don't know if I want all the Dwarves to be Obese

And here is where I think my opinion differs in that those buxom, heavyset Dwarf lasses positively exude Dwarf Fortress in my mind.

Lusty, full figured lasses, lend themselves to the gritty, bloody, and oftentimes utterly insane world which my Dwarves tend to find themselves. The fact they are very rotund makes them even more appealing to me because it rejoices in that which is not necessarily the accepted norm.

When my ever drunk Dwarves are driven to the point of berserker rage or insanity, ripping their clothes off and jumping on tables, while sneaky Kobolds snatch babies and emo Dwarves drown themselves in Lava Falls, I am in some twisted form of bliss.

That is Dwarf Fortress to me, with all the amazingly insane things that tend to happen, and make me sit back and really think about how deep this game is to have such craziness.

I guess that is why having very lusty, plump imaginative 'characters' tend to be important for me and why Deon's Dwarf set makes me happy to see the potential for variety that this group of creative individuals is capable of.

variety is the spice of life after all!   ;)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 01, 2009, 08:49:45 pm »

Well you can keep the non-working royalty obese... but the Dwarves work very hard

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 01, 2009, 08:51:42 pm »

Let's see if we can maybe get through the next page or two without expressions of sexual excitement like "lusty," "plump," "buxom," "full figured," etc.  If you're in this thread to get turned on or turn other people on, you are so in the wrong place.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1783 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »

The only issue I see with his female dwarves is that some of them have visible nipples, and that might not be acceptable to the parents of some of the younger players.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Koolaidmanohya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 01, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »

I think you took my words the wrong way.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 379