Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698818 times)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #2010 on: December 16, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »

Jonas -- if you want to retitle the thread to catch people's attention, you can do so by editing the OP.  Also the images in the OP are still broken.
Good idea mate. I'm pushing Granite on like six different channels now, but I'll get around to it :)

cooz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - NEW VERSION OUT RIGHT NOW: Stonesense Granite
« Reply #2011 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:29 pm »

Great to see this project evolving!

I have one issues, in v4 I had to press keys quite long to eg move one level down, now in Granite RC quick pressing PgDown moves view 2 levels down.

Would it be possible to add init options like d16# has?
[KEY_HOLD_MS:150]
[KEY_REPEAT_MS:150]

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 16, 2009, 01:50:02 pm »

Looks great!  I like the new init.txt options; is there a way to set the follow mode offset outside of the program?  Also an 'always show stockpiles and zones' option would be handy.

Only thing I can see so far is that you forgot to add the 1.0 info to the changelog.txt file.

Should be interesting seeing the content packs as they're released.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 16, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

Well I was going to create little half dragon dudes for stonesence use (probably just for my own use. Since I don't know of any popular mods with them.)  But my lack of experience with pixelart bit me in the ass. 

Windows automatically saved it as a jpg, and now it's just a blurry mess.  *sigh* If I did pixelart more often that might have convinced me to go out and get better editing software than MS Paint.  It was pretty much just an edit of the genero human anyway.

Stonesense appears to be working well anyway.  I like how I can tell the adamantine veins from the inside of generic [LARGE_CLUSTER] rock now at a glance.

Is the part of the debug cursor that tells the stone type still around, just hidden or was it removed? (I did pretty much just use it to spot magnetite and hematite veins so I guess to make cheating more difficult makes sense.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2014 on: December 16, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »

cooz: That's noted. The whole keyboard thing needs a going over anyway :)
Khalan: thanks, that's noted too.  Oh and there's no way to set that, yet, at least :)
Greiger: Yeah I think we took it out when we redid terrain. We need to put it back in...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:28:31 pm by jonask84 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 16, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »

Yay for Granite! Great work!  (Yup
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 16, 2009, 07:33:38 pm »

Is the part of the debug cursor that tells the stone type still around, just hidden or was it removed? (I did pretty much just use it to spot magnetite and hematite veins so I guess to make cheating more difficult makes sense.)
Since it handles different material types now, it was harder to get it to work for everything, and for the moment it gives the numeric indexes rather than the name. At some stage I will add in the reverse lookup to get the name back.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 16, 2009, 07:52:49 pm »

Little thing I noticed while making my own little sprites is on the adding creatures help page it says you can find all the profession names here.  With here being a link.

It links to this. http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Here small error I assume?

I also seem to get miner's not getting their sprite from the sprite sheet correctly.  They always seem to just grab the default at the top of the entry instead.  Though I'm not entirely certain yet it's not just user error.  My game is pretty modded after all.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 16, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »

I have just uploaded a windows installer to googlecode, with a few minor fixes.
http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/

Little thing I noticed while making my own little sprites is on the adding creatures help page it says you can find all the profession names here.  With here being a link.
It links to this. http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Here small error I assume?
Placeholder for a nonexistant page I am guessing.
You are probably best off having a look through the Memory.xml file
I also seem to get miner's not getting their sprite from the sprite sheet correctly.  They always seem to just grab the default at the top of the entry instead.  Though I'm not entirely certain yet it's not just user error.  My game is pretty modded after all.
How modded? Are your dwarves still DWARF in the raws?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 16, 2009, 08:15:24 pm »

Nope, They are DRACON in the creature raws.  And they do show up properly, just some don't seem to use the correct sprite even though it appears to be pointing the right place.  It's still a work in progress though and thats why I'm still not sure if it's just user error yet.

My XML so far
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They are all pretty much the same 2 sprites, male and female versions, with just the clothes being different color to match the dwarf fortress desplay color.  The biggest one that I can't figure out is the Miners, despite the pointer pointing to sprite 0 and 1 (white version) instead use 2 and 3 (peasant color).   While the masons directly underneath use the proper white sprites, despite no difference. 

I can upload the spritesheet so far if you want but it's not done yet, not professional quality, and basically just the default human base with edits.

P.S. And Yes I spell stonesense wrong repeatedly.  For some reason I have some tick that always makes me spell sense with a c.

>>>>>>>>I FIGURED IT OUT!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
It was user error.
It was reading the generic female tag first I guess, and all my miners are female, a fact that I overlooked, with the sprite differences being so subtle.  So it used the female peasant one for all my female jobs.  Placing the female tag at the bottom fixed that properly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:27:33 pm by Greiger »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 16, 2009, 08:38:51 pm »

It was user error.
It was reading the generic female tag first I guess, and all my miners are female, a fact that I overlooked, with the sprite differences being so subtle.  So it used the female peasant one for all my female jobs.  Placing the female tag at the bottom fixed that properly.
Yeah, it was mentioned it's opposite to DF's order. First matched is used rather than last.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 16, 2009, 08:54:10 pm »

I just tried to look at my soap tower (for the challenge in DF general discussion), and this happened:
I don't think that's supposed to happen.  None of my walls or floors are showing up.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »

I fixed that and did some minor cosmetic wiki work.  Anybody is welcome to edit wiki pages if they have something constructive to add, of course. This is the magic of wiki.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 16, 2009, 09:03:18 pm »

I just tried to look at my soap tower (for the challenge in DF general discussion), and this happened:
I don't think that's supposed to happen.  None of my walls or floors are showing up.

Exact same just happened to me. the log says:
Code: [Select]
Stonesense launched
File name parsing failed on terrain/index.txt
File name parsing failed on creatures/index.txt
File name parsing failed on buildings/index.txt
File name parsing failed on vegetation/index.txt

Oddly, it's still showing vegetation, just nothing else...

Edit for useful info: Running on Windows XP, downloaded the RAR distro rather than the windows installer, didn't touch the init or anything else before running it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:06:45 pm by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 16, 2009, 09:08:32 pm »

I was using the one the maker uploaded, by the way.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 379