Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS Mafia - Game Over - From The Jaws Of Victory - CCS Bastards Win  (Read 63202 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Mafia - The game begins. So, are you or have you ever been...
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2009, 12:29:10 pm »

OK, I'll go for transparency and request a Day Shortening.

Quote from: The Issues
A non-negotiable deadline of 4 real life days (weekend counts as one day) is placed on each dayphase.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »

A day shortening!?  We just barely got an idea on what issue we want, didn't even break out of RVS and you want a DAY SHORTENING!?

Unvote Alexhans     Vote ExKirby

You saw how me killing the first day messed up the town in your own game.  Did you try to pull the same stunt now and here?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2009, 01:29:12 pm »

Alright, since Magmadeath has posted with some content, I'll Unvote

However, Kashyyk has yet to show his face.

Personally, I'm still in favor of transparacy, as it takes care of both the roleflip problem (we'll still notice that there's one less scum) as well as letting us know what we're up against.  I don't see why we need a scumcount at each votecount, but one at the beginning of each day could be very useful.  Also, like I said, knowing if there's any third parties in the game could be essential (what if we get to lylo with a survivor?)  I'll admit that censorship could be extremely useful, and should be liberalized soon.  Personally, here's my priority list in terms of issues:

Transparancy (for the reasons I've mentioned)
Censorship (the more PR's we have, the better)
Free Speech (if we can get a town base going, that will be very helpful later on)
Curfews (we need time to discuss things, though the full liberal "wait until a majority happens" might be a little rough if there's 3 lynch parties)
Roleflips (death millers are countered with transparency, though knowing role descriptions would be nice too)
Accountibility (knowing who killed who is only vaguely useful, and there has to be more than one kill for it to work)

The last three would be acceptable at moderate, so anyone who can move an issue only one step towards liberal should probably work on one of them.  Of course, working on the first three will help as well, but we should completely liberalize those during the day.

I have to Fos Frelock on this. If we can get an Idea on how many conservitives there are, we know when we are in mylo or lylo. This seems to be more vital than you put it.

In short, why do you think that transparency is only useful as moderate?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2009, 01:32:58 pm »

also, Unvote Vote Transparency

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »

Ok.  So far... this game sucks... There's a lot of people who just posted 2 lines and left.  Explain your actions in the clearest way possible.

I can't believe ExKirby voted for day shortening... How can you be surprised to be often lynched if you pull crap like that.  We have NO info at all... We should talk.  Don't rely on Power Roles or abilities or any other crap.

The only 2 issues that should be seriously considered are transparency and roleflips.  Pandarsenic makes a very good point about them but I still think that transparency is stronger because it will allow us to know the remaining mafia members in the game so death millers won't really screw us up.

I'll post more comments later. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2009, 02:40:57 pm »

"no one's doing enough content.  They just post a little  and go away"

He says as he posts a non-content post after having gone away.  Side pokes at people and buddying is not scumhunting after all.

Please put your money where your mouth is, Alex.
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »

I'm back now, had a bit of a hectic week. Anywho, lets see what's going on shall we?

I personally think Censorship should come first, as the scum won't gain anything from Conservatizing it.

also I agree with Dak, What are you doing ExKirby?

(Note I haven't voted yet, as I need time to recheck the thread for anything I might have missed)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2009, 03:04:41 pm »

My bad, I thought we were done.

@Mod, please ignore the second half of my post.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2009, 03:18:41 pm »

@ExKirby

Meh.  Although 3rd vote noted, softened since I already see your reason for it.

Unvote

Vote Alex

Back to you, mr. No Content Pot.
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2009, 03:51:58 pm »

Yes, I myself am split between Panda and Arch.

Hang on a second. We have some short-of-solid proof on (unvote)Arch. Therefor, I do believe we need to press hard.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2009, 04:21:36 pm »

Wait... what the hell am I on about? I mean ORG and Arch.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:30 pm »

I've been in a game where my role had hidden parts.

I've been in a game where there were hidden factions.

I've been in a game with death millers.

Hidden aspects to your role is annoying, but can be overcome even if the mod never tells you what's up.  Death millers cause risky issues. 

Hidden Factions kick you in the #%% REAL fast.  The game plays very differently if there are 2 scum groups, or a cult, or a batch of masons.  Thus I want to know what we're up against first.  Then we can aim for either buffing up our power roles or ensuring our rolflips are accurate.

Oh BTW, we'll also get a good handle on whether there are 3rd parties floating around.  If there's a chance I can learn of a possible Jester or SK I'm ALL for it.

Oh, shit, you're right. Jesters are definitely something to watch out for; I initially figured an SK wouldn't be too much of an issue until tomorrow but it actually does influence our scumhunting greatly, because there'll be scum who isn't bound to anyone else. We MUST do roleflips tomorrow though.

Unvote Mr.Person & Roleflips
Transparency.
Alexhans, what the hell? No, seriously, what the hell?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:27 pm »

Alright, since Magmadeath has posted with some content, I'll Unvote

However, Kashyyk has yet to show his face.

Personally, I'm still in favor of transparacy, as it takes care of both the roleflip problem (we'll still notice that there's one less scum) as well as letting us know what we're up against.  I don't see why we need a scumcount at each votecount, but one at the beginning of each day could be very useful.  Also, like I said, knowing if there's any third parties in the game could be essential (what if we get to lylo with a survivor?)  I'll admit that censorship could be extremely useful, and should be liberalized soon.  Personally, here's my priority list in terms of issues:

Transparancy (for the reasons I've mentioned)
Censorship (the more PR's we have, the better)
Free Speech (if we can get a town base going, that will be very helpful later on)
Curfews (we need time to discuss things, though the full liberal "wait until a majority happens" might be a little rough if there's 3 lynch parties)
Roleflips (death millers are countered with transparency, though knowing role descriptions would be nice too)
Accountibility (knowing who killed who is only vaguely useful, and there has to be more than one kill for it to work)

The last three would be acceptable at moderate, so anyone who can move an issue only one step towards liberal should probably work on one of them.  Of course, working on the first three will help as well, but we should completely liberalize those during the day.

I have to Fos Frelock on this. If we can get an Idea on how many conservitives there are, we know when we are in mylo or lylo. This seems to be more vital than you put it.

In short, why do you think that transparency is only useful as moderate?
Unvote
bulborbish Where did you get him saying Transparency was only useful as moderate from? He explicitly stated that it would be the best to have at Liberal. 
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:07 pm »

I have a CENSORED patch on my PM, so I would like to Liberalize Censorship

Org, I want answers. Don't just use your lurkiness as cover.
Hello there dumbass. how are you today, Exkirby?
OK, I'll go for transparency and request a Day Shortening.
1-Bandwagoning is a no no. So, obv scum is obv moron.
2-Day Shortening? With 4 days? You really do play Obv Scum well.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2009, 05:06:32 pm »

The day shortening doesn't really matter too much since the deadline is non negotiable.  IE you can't change it.

Anyway, votecount(s).

Vote count (change is good):
Transparency: Alexhans, Frelock, dakarian, ExKirby, bulborbish, Pandarsenic [6]
Censorship: MagmaDeath, Rooster, Kashyyk[3]
Curfews: Mr.Person [1]
Free Speech: Org [1]

Vote count (arch-conservatives):
ExKirby: Rooster, Org [2]
Org: Mr.Person, Alexhans [2]
Kashyyk: Frelock [1]
Pandarsenic: bulborish [1]
Alexhans: dakarian, Pandarsenic [2]
Archangel: ExKirby [1]
bulborbish: MagmaDeath [1]

Inform me of any errors, please.  Also remember that the numbers will not take vote related abilities into account.

And I seem to remember you asking a question which I skipped over before, Pandarsenic, but I can't remember what it was.  What was it?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34