Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587397 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #2010 on: January 26, 2011, 09:10:18 am »

You have mellowed like a super-mellow thing, Wubby <3

Also, I am 21 and have been awake for a long, long time.  I can't sleep for another 9 hours~
I am merely not angry. Although, if Archangel were involved, then I might not be so mellow.

Which I guess reminds me...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 26, 2011, 11:46:44 am »

Go ahead and add Kingmaker 4 to the queue.  It'll be Mountainous this go-around.  Do people want a 9p game or a 11-13p game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 26, 2011, 01:00:13 pm »

I say do 9p. It's slightly more difficult to fill up a Kingmaker game.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:19 pm »

I'm working on making roles for League of Legends Mafia that I might run. Of course, there are 66 Champions, so the roles will take me a long time. Is there any interest in playing?

- Closed setup
- 12-16 players
- 3-4 scum
- 66 possible roles
- ???
- Profit.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »

I doubt we can fill a game that big. Even so, why not assign roles first?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

I dunno about LoL Mafia. Sounds like a BYOR with precanned choices. If the choices were more meaningful in some other way maybe, but if we're basically just talking a very narrow BYOR or particularly themed game I'm not sure I see the point.

On the topic of ill-advised video game based mafias, however, I've come up with how Roguelike Mafia would work. "Poorly" for the most part, but also probably hilariously and awesome, for the parts where it wasn't crashing and burning.

Spoiler: Why Would You Even (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:02 pm »

Would you win instantly if you got the Amulet of Yendor?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »

Would you win instantly if you got the Amulet of Yendor?

No, you need to get to end of the game with it so you can sacrifice it. Or, if you're like me, give it to the wrong god.

@IronyOwl:
That doesn't sound much like a roguelike mafia to me. Seems to me that roguelike mafia would involve lots of magic items (abilities). Your killer gets to keep your magic items when they kill you. Lynched players have their items disappear although they're all revealed to the rest of the game. Players not happy with their items or who have used all theirs up can go questing for more. Note that sometimes you find more than just items. For instance, you might not get anything at all for various reasons or find a special level such as a bones level that lets you talk to a lynched player and take their stuff or a treasure vault that contains several items.. with a risk of dying!

Magic items can be passive or active. Generally active abilities will be consumables, although there will be various rare artifacts that can do impressive things night after night.

Oh, and permadeath. No revives.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 26, 2011, 11:02:15 pm »

You have been lynched... --More--
Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq]

...and load bones files from earlier games.

I love it already...
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »

Emperor liches, cyberdemons, and twenty-headed hydra, oh my!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

@IronyOwl:
That doesn't sound much like a roguelike mafia to me. Seems to me that roguelike mafia would involve lots of magic items (abilities). Your killer gets to keep your magic items when they kill you. Lynched players have their items disappear although they're all revealed to the rest of the game. Players not happy with their items or who have used all theirs up can go questing for more. Note that sometimes you find more than just items. For instance, you might not get anything at all for various reasons or find a special level such as a bones level that lets you talk to a lynched player and take their stuff or a treasure vault that contains several items.. with a risk of dying!

Magic items can be passive or active. Generally active abilities will be consumables, although there will be various rare artifacts that can do impressive things night after night.

Yeah, that was sort of the idea behind the rotating multiple-slot roles thing. Trouble is, there's only so many standard night actions a mafia game can handle, which was why I was thinking it'd have to get more convoluted and specific.

I love it already...

Hm... a continuously recruiting mafia game that doesn't end until one player attains enough godlike power to crush any and all opposition indefinitely...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:24 pm »

@IronyOwl:

Yeah, that was sort of the idea behind the rotating multiple-slot roles thing. Trouble is, there's only so many standard night actions a mafia game can handle, which was why I was thinking it'd have to get more convoluted and specific.

I love it already...

Hm... a continuously recruiting mafia game that doesn't end until one player attains enough godlike power to crush any and all opposition indefinitely...
So, King of the Mafia?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 26, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »

Emperor liches, cyberdemons, and twenty-headed hydra, oh my!

Don't forget giant ants and chess pieces.

@IronyOwl:

There's plenty of things you can give players, just look at any of Webadict's BYORs. Just give mostly consumables and an occasional passive and a rare artifact or two and everything works fine. Maybe limit each player to a max of 3 items at a time if you're worried about players just constantly questing to get a cool artifact or something.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 27, 2011, 12:03:37 am »

Actually, combining it with KOTM sounds rather intriguing...

Each player can choose to quest for something new or randomly loot a dead person's item during the day.  At day end, they either get a new item or something dropped by a dead one.

Items:

Common: Average one shot powers (inspect/roleblock/protect)
Uncommon: Midrange passives/stronger one shots (RB immunity, one shot kill/revive)
Rare:  Permanent active abilities/day oneshots (basic roles, one-shot daykill)
Artifact:  Multiple abilities- often both good and bad (Kill Immune but takes one less vote to lynch)

Something like a 45/30/20/5 percent drop rate on rarities.  For balance reasons, make it successively harder to get items past the second, something like a 2/N% chance of success.  You could drop items you didn't like at dawn- they would go in "dead player item" pool.

There shouldn't be an indication of what items are in the dead player item pool, but perhaps a count of them.

Everyone gets a common item to start with.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 27, 2011, 12:15:43 am »

I am liking where this is going, though I suspect it's veering off of mafia a bit.

Quest for items, avoid cyber-demon chess pieces, try to figure out who's a Dark Adventurer and who's town.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 443