Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585250 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3105 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »

So, in essence, almost exactly like KOTM? :I
Sort of, but with more people maybe and without all the restarting and with more than one scum.

No.  I am not joining The Game That Never Ends.
Don't be silly. That would be WWYDT.

Also, what bastard mod? I haven't seen a bastard game here since... well, since those that I (co-)modded.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 20, 2011, 07:33:15 pm »

Also, what bastard mod? I haven't seen a bastard game here since... well, since those that I (co-)modded.

You'll see... *ominous*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »

I really miss the wizard duel gametype. Someone should totally do an enhanced version of that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 20, 2011, 08:25:40 pm »

Meph ran it- ask him nicely and he might run it next.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »

Yeah, I think Meph is the only one with the script he used, IIRC.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 20, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »

Hmm, if we are after a game that isn't bastard and will not go forever, I have been thinking about a chain reaction game type.
The basic idea is that everybody has a vengekill that they must use if they are killed in any way, vengekills included.
So the first day starts, goes by, and somebody is lynched. That person then vengekills somebody else, who then vengekills somebody else, and so on until all scum have been killed or scum outnumber townies. The person killed has three days rl time to decide who to vengekill, and during that time everybody may talk. If they don't choose a vengekill in time, it will be chosen at random. So the challenge is not to convince the majority that you have found scum, but to sound the most convincing to a single person.

In theory this game could go very quickly, if people are sure about their targets before they even get killed, and that will most likely happen.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 20, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »

Hmm, if we are after a game that isn't bastard and will not go forever, I have been thinking about a chain reaction game type.
The basic idea is that everybody has a vengekill that they must use if they are killed in any way, vengekills included.
So the first day starts, goes by, and somebody is lynched. That person then vengekills somebody else, who then vengekills somebody else, and so on until all scum have been killed or scum outnumber townies. The person killed has three days rl time to decide who to vengekill, and during that time everybody may talk. If they don't choose a vengekill in time, it will be chosen at random. So the challenge is not to convince the majority that you have found scum, but to sound the most convincing to a single person.

In theory this game could go very quickly, if people are sure about their targets before they even get killed, and that will most likely happen.
What happens when scum get killed?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 20, 2011, 08:46:29 pm »

They vengekill a townie, and the game continues. Everybody gets a vengekill.
This makes the scum kill a more careful choice, because killing the toughest town player is handing control over to them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:09 am »

I really miss the wizard duel gametype. Someone should totally do an enhanced version of that.

I might be willing to run one of those sometime soon. Might depend on my schedule a bit, since they're even more flavor-heavy than my usual games. But they are a lot of fun. Although I need to tweak things more in the Tower's favor. Cabal has won all three games.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 21, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

Meph, since I don't like playing the Wizard Duels, I'd be willing to do some or all of the flavor for one.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 21, 2011, 07:13:56 am »

I could run a game when I get home, if anyone would be interested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 21, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »

Sorry, but I really should not be playing this game right now. Mods, pull me out of anything I'm in, Think, sorry but I can't co-mod today.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 21, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

No worries, bro, I've got things under control right now.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 21, 2011, 07:58:45 pm »

I've posted my finally functional Not-So-Bastard Mod, so go join in!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 21, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »

Broadcast to all mods:

Breadbocks has been muted for a week.  He needs to be replaced in all games he's in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 443