Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587418 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4245 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:40 am »

Specifically I should start sign-ups at around 6 or 7 today. How long do I hold sign-ups for by the way? I can't seem to find a decent rule-of-thumb anywhere.

For a BM?  You hold signups until you get 7 players, 2 ICs, and 1 scum IC.  No more, no less.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:22 pm »

Ah okay well I started sign-ups. So... Yep.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: December 15, 2012, 01:16:21 pm »

I'd like to run a 13 player open setup based on the daygame whenever there's enough space for it.  There's currently only 20 living non-beginner playerslots on the board but I'm not sure what kind of capacity we're running on at the moment.

Incidentally Bookthras suggested having webadict run the next KotM, and I think I'll let him.  I probably won't have the time to run a game like that for a good while.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: December 15, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »

Pre-in.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

I don't see much chance of 13 players signing up before you get to see the thread but sure.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: December 16, 2012, 04:49:10 am »

Timezones are treacherous and untruthworthy creatures. You never know how difference between them will stab you in the back.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:28 pm »

If I may, with the end of the year I would like to applaud the many fun games we had during 2012.

Thank you Meph, webadict, GlyphGryph, Toaster, Leafsnail, Phantom, Tiruin, Zombie, Think, LCNP, Jim, and more, for a year with many enjoyable, memorable games. Thanks to all players involved in those as well. A mod tries to make a good game, it's up to the players to make it fun.

There were some that didn't quite work out. There were some that were good and fun but not quite great, and that's OK, may there be many of them. There were a few that were incredibly fun and memorable, and 2012 may live as a banner year thanks to some like Politibastard or Roguelike4 or Bastard Supernatural or Mein Kampf or BYOR9 or CybridV, or some other of your choice where you had the most fun.

There was no lack of fun games this year. If the next year is just as good, we're sitting pretty. Just be more active, please.

Thank you all players and mods for playing and modding, and for welcoming your brethren what with warts and all and checkered pasts and unlikable traits and whatnot. None of us is perfect, but we mostly like each other's company, at least for a while, so we can play some mafia. That is fun. Let's have some.

Long live King Leafsnail.
Happy New Year!

Cheers!

~z
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: December 31, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »

What Book said!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: January 01, 2013, 02:11:31 am »

Should auld acquaintance be forgot etc.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: January 01, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »

Happy New Year!

lynch all lurkers

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05:28 pm »

I refuse to feel cheery about it until someone gets in Trust Mafia.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:45 pm »

I feel like it's a good time to link this thread.

And thanks for showing us your heart.  It makes it easier to aim the knife in the back.

((<3 you all))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: January 02, 2013, 01:09:24 pm »

I feel like it's a good time to link this thread.

And thanks for showing us your heart.  It makes it easier to aim the knife in the back.

((<3 you all))
Just let me pee in peace, and we'll be fine with the knife stabbings.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: January 02, 2013, 01:27:54 pm »

Happy new year to you guys too.  It hasn't been as busy as past years but I'd say the quality of setups and gameplay was pretty high.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:25 am »

Leafsnail:
I'd say the quality of setups and gameplay was pretty high.
I'd say the same too. We had some awe-fucking-osome games during 2012, including the ones whereby you're King and I'm Emperor (and let's not forget that amazing Wall of Flesh), others predicting some election results, some where a townie vigkilled all the scum, some where the town just knew where to vote due to great townie play, several scum D1 lynches, at least two games with an SK victory, games balanced to a razor's-edge perfection, and many interesting and flavourful others. Yes, as far as quality (both of playing and modding), I think 2012 was a banner year, to remain as reference to measure others by. It was a great Mafia year. Here's hoping 2013 lives up to that.

Imiknorris:
I refuse to feel cheery about it until someone gets in Trust Mafia.
I want you to feel cheery. Share in the warmth of our common defeat on Roguelike4. That was a fun game, and we both gave it all, and we also both ended up an inch short from the finish line.

I would have liked to join Trust Mafia, but it frankly doesn't seem like a fun game to play... it seems like it would just devolve into that same tit-for-tat useless verbhorreic nonsense as in R4... Let's short-circuit it: in. vote nolynch. Game over, regardless of how the dice rolled. Can you feel cheery now?

Webadict:
Just let me pee in peace, and we'll be fine with the knife stabbings.
Pee in peace, and sin no more. We shall not stab you. How 'bout processing the game you have going?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 443