Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585367 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4740 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »

Ah. I figured complaining about dying would be fine, since it's not like my death was hidden or anything.

Yep!  You didn't do anything wrong - if anything I'm walking the line of wrongness more than you ;p.

However, I'd rather be 'bad' then risk players getting mad and going away unsatisfied - especially if it's because of a factor that's unique to that specific game (as far as I know it's unique).  I'd like my chance to play with you guys!  And I think Mafia here has a lot to offer you.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: December 06, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »

I'll give my thoughts of BM Sprint at game end (since I don't know what's going to happen), but I've been enjoying playing it so far.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: December 06, 2013, 05:07:53 pm »

Ah. I figured complaining about dying would be fine, since it's not like my death was hidden or anything.

Yep!  You didn't do anything wrong - if anything I'm walking the line of wrongness more than you ;p.

However, I'd rather be 'bad' then risk players getting mad and going away unsatisfied - especially if it's because of a factor that's unique to that specific game (as far as I know it's unique).  I'd like my chance to play with you guys!  And I think Mafia here has a lot to offer you.

Yeah, I agree. Risking a game being spoiled is always bad, and it was nice of you to warn me not to say anything; though I did know not to post any sort of game-related information other than "bah, I'm dead," since I'm new to Mafia, I might not have known. However, I'm generally extremely careful about following rules, so I figured I probably shouldn't say anything beyond that.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: December 07, 2013, 05:43:13 am »

I found it too short, but that's because I got nightkilled first night. :P

*hugs and comforts*  We're not allowed to talk about games that are not finished yet, but Sprint BM is the shortest, fastest, most 'savage' in timesense sort of game I've ever seen here (I'm new, so I haven't seen a lot yet... but still).

If the first Sprint turns out to be an unpleasant experience, changes will definitely have to be made.

Then again, you're expected to be able to engage yourself slightly more because of the short timespan. I'd think that for people interested in playing Mafia properly, posting a few times a day for just one week seems a reasonable request.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: December 08, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »

After finishing up moderating the Sprint I'm going to take a break from mafia (now I've officially won a game without the mod having to declare my win post-hoc, as in Witches). It only took a year and about 15 games. As such, I'm withdrawing CYOM for now.

Spoiler: Some background (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: December 08, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »

The Supernatural OP says this:
Roles: The basic information about available town roles will be known. However, I will only give a general description of each role that will give an indication of what the role can do. More specific information will be given in role PMs as necessary. This means you will not know the specific rules of many of the roles, even if you know what they do. There may also be variations on the town roles, both within a game and between games.

Scum and 3rd party role information is not going to be posted in the thread.
So the problem wasn't that the scum had hidden roles (that was statedin the op) but that the scum had too many members and too much power.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: December 08, 2013, 07:07:43 pm »

Thank goodness now if I'm on a team with NQT I won't feel worried.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: December 08, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

Thank goodness now if I'm on a team with NQT I won't feel worried.
I feel like this might require more testing to confirm.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: December 08, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »

Also, does anyone mind me putting my The Good the Bad and the Ugly game on the queue?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: December 08, 2013, 09:31:18 pm »

Hey Toaster, you got a time-frame in mind for starting JK9++?

Hmm... how about I open signups on D2 of Paranormal, or end of BYOR12, whichever comes first?  Two games at once seems to be about our quota these days.  It needs thirteen players exactly, which might be a bit tricky for that last one or two.

So that happened.  Without objections, I'll put JK9++ in signups tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: December 09, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

We're down to Paranormal being the only non-BM game running. Not sure if that is a problem or not, though, with the holidays coming up.

Probably worth putting a game or two into sign-ups, even if they have a caveat that they might not start until after the holidays.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

Put the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on queue.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »

Limerick Mafia has gone to signup
Now it is the time to gallop
  To the reply button
  You Mafia glutton
And go and put your name up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:02 pm »

I'll probably put Smstr W/ Love up into sign-ups in like 1-2 weeks, depending on how much Nerjin and I can get done.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: December 18, 2013, 08:45:22 am »

Iron Diadem will be entering signups within 24 hours.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 443