Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587557 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:10 pm »

Wizard Duel may also take a short break from being a mafia game and wander up to the normal Forum Games section anyway, since I'm thinking of running a pure Duel from that rules set (with no Cabal or side-actions).
So a sortof SMOL with duals and possibly stat choices?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:28 pm »

For the record:

BYOR2 = midgame
Wizard's 3 = earlygame (it's Day 4, but there's 9 people left, a low DPC (1 death day/night is not unusual) and it keeps going till only 1 survives)
LCS = Last Day
KotM = Ongoing
Para 12 = midgame
One Lynch = early game (6 players, 1 DPC, however, town will NL most of those days so it'll run quickly into LYLO)
BYOR:PE = Midgame
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:50:51 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2009, 02:11:26 pm »

Well, the system CAN handle Horrible and Vote eventually.. we just need to stagger them.  Note that Duel will be going for at least another 2 more game days (even after one side wins they keep going until one person is left) and paranormal is only in Mid game. 

So I'm thinking next week run Horrible and Vote, then we wait for some of these games to end.

Also note that TYPE of game matters.  N-M won't bring the same types of people as Horrible Role, after all.

Right, of course.  It was more of a "What if I had been unable to sign up for games, and then suddenly 5 I wanted to play became available simultaneously.  Well, if I wasn't thinking ahead, I'd sign up for all 5 and then immediately become largely inactive in all but one of them.  Given humanity's propensity to dive after resources with no thought to the consequences, this is probably a pretty bad idea."

So I'm pretty much thinking "Wait for a game day or two of Near-Mountainous, Christmas, and Neruz's Bastard.  Then you should have 6-12 people dead from those two alone, plus any other games, and putting more stuff into signups should be feasible."

Well, anyway, that's all theory.  I wasn't saying the system couldn't handle Horrible and Vote eventually--we're currently running at 63 players, when we used to be at 108.  I'm more thinking that a slow scale-up to previous running capacity would be better than splatting 5 games on at once, and that 3 simultaneously starting might be a bit rough.

Also, Dakarian: you forgot BYOR Panda on your list.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2009, 02:12:28 pm »

Wizard Duel may also take a short break from being a mafia game and wander up to the normal Forum Games section anyway, since I'm thinking of running a pure Duel from that rules set (with no Cabal or side-actions).

It'll be a pure tournament style game with players choosing one of the combat roles to play (barring Archmage, of course), and the other mages assisting. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'll have a thread for it up once WD3 ends with a link in WD3 to it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2009, 02:35:02 pm »

BYOR Pand is ongoing and will probably still be going on in January. It wouldn't shock me if BYOR Pand was still alive in February.

Maybe... mid-game? I dunno, it's hard to know exactly without knowing the setup, after all, so just say it's ongoing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2009, 10:27:56 pm »

For the record, I'm planning to open signups for Rysith's semi-bastard later this week, aiming for a start date on or near the 10th of January.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2009, 03:19:50 am »

Q
UE
UE

QUEUE

NOT QUE

QUE IS A SPANISH OR FRENCH WORD GENERALLY MEANING OR RELATED TO "WHAT"

QUEUE IS A LINE OR WAITING LIST

THAT IS ALL

THANK YOU
FINALLY!
Queue.

It'll be a pure tournament style game with players choosing one of the combat roles to play (barring Archmage, of course), and the other mages assisting. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'll have a thread for it up once WD3 ends with a link in WD3 to it.
SMOL stayed in here, that could too.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2009, 03:21:25 am »

I didn't post that earlier because you did, but it didn't work, so I used my CRUISE CONTROL.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:35 pm »

LCS finished.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2009, 12:49:04 pm »

Well, OLM is almost done, so I'll be starting another game up soon. Putting discussion up soon.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:38 am »

I'd like INFILTRATE//SEEK//ELIMINATE added to the queue proper, please.

I figure I'll get in around the time BM7 ends (maybe a a bit before, but whatever) and I'm purposely not joining any more games so I'll have time to host it.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2009, 02:39:04 am »

Is it alright if I put my werewolf into signups soon?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2009, 09:15:59 am »

To be true, I somewhat wish I waited for Christmas Mafia.. even though it would've been meh to have a 'christmas' theme game AFTER christmas.  Activity is spotty thanks to the holiday and it's having an effect on the games. New Years is coming, which is going to cause another mess of delays as well.

So any new games should wait until after the holidays are over.  After that, yah werewolf should be fine.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2009, 11:35:25 am »

Yeah, wasn't planning on doing it before holidays for sure.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2009, 02:11:03 pm »

I was looking at the current Beginner Mafia and it made me think about making a Pokemon Mafia, where each person would be modeled after a Pokemon or some such item, and each Night, each Pokemon would use one of their attacks (Each person would have HP.) All the attacks would be posted (Pikachu uses Thunder on Geodude, for example.) I'm sure there's other roles and rules I could come up with, but I'm wondering how well all of this might work.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 443