Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1590501 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.
« Reply #14190 on: December 12, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »

You lucky Southern Hemisphere-ers. Today I had to trudge through 40 meters of snow half a foot deep just to get to the bus stop.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: December 13, 2016, 01:40:34 am »

That sounds pretty great. Lucky New Yorkers.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: December 13, 2016, 05:44:40 am »

Yesterday it was -11 C and snowing down as hard as a sodding blizzard. We still had school.

i'm mad
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: December 13, 2016, 06:10:05 am »

Yesterday it was -11 C and snowing down as hard as a sodding blizzard. We still had school.
i'm mad

In central Russia the drill goes like this: elementary school and middle school are out of business if outside temperature drops below -25 Celsius in daylight, high school is out if it's below -35.

In Siberia they hardly ever cancel school because of the colds, save for extremes, say, -50 with blizzard. Or so I hear.

In my personal experience, I recall school being out due to the cold once, I think - I was in elementary back then.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: December 13, 2016, 11:21:01 am »

i'm mad

In central Russia the drill goes like this: elementary school and middle school are out of business if outside temperature drops below -25 Celsius in daylight, high school is out if it's below -35.

In Siberia they hardly ever cancel school because of the colds, save for extremes, say, -50 with blizzard. Or so I hear.

In my personal experience, I recall school being out due to the cold once, I think - I was in elementary back then.

In my memory, we have never had a day off due to cold. Coldest it's ever been in my memory in my (sort-of-mountainside) town was -2C, and that was only during early morning.
I live in southern Australia, where while it's less insane than other parts of Australia, it's still quite warm. We have had "hot day timetables", but they were extremely rare and generally reserved for 45C+ days.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: December 13, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »

i'm mad

In my memory, we have never had a day off due to cold. Coldest it's ever been in my memory in my (sort-of-mountainside) town was -2C, and that was only during early morning.
I live in southern Australia, where while it's less insane than other parts of Australia, it's still quite warm. We have had "hot day timetables", but they were extremely rare and generally reserved for 45C+ days.
In the Netherlands, I've only had one day of "Sneeuwvrij"(snow free) in my life, and I wasn't even aware. Because I had to cycle about 15 kilometers to my school, it was about -15 C and there was quite some snow, I was ought to have the day off. I had no idea of that whatsoever so I plowed through the snow for over an hour, only to hear that those who had to cycle more than half an hour needn't have come. We also have those hot day timetables whenever temperatures dip above 25-30 C, depends on the time of the year. We're off at 14:00 then, so I still have to cycle an hour at the hottest time of the day. Not ideal tbh.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: December 14, 2016, 03:04:06 am »

Oh, I regularly go cycling in 30C weather. It's fine as long as I take water with me. 35C is probably the cut off, though.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14197 on: December 15, 2016, 09:37:33 am »

above 25-30 C, depends on the time of the year. We're off at 14:00 then, so I still have to cycle an hour at the hottest time of the day. Not ideal tbh.

It's 28C over here right now and I consider it pleasantly cool. You lot just need to toughen up. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: December 15, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

above 25-30 C, depends on the time of the year. We're off at 14:00 then, so I still have to cycle an hour at the hottest time of the day. Not ideal tbh.

It's 28C over here right now and I consider it pleasantly cool. You lot just need to toughen up. :P

No, no, no, you got it all wrong. 28C would be pleasantly warm, -10C is pleasantly cool.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14199 on: December 15, 2016, 11:16:56 am »

21C is freezing cold where I'm from. 39.5 is a normal day.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:48 pm »

-10 degrees decently is cold for a winter, 25 degrees is decently warm for a summer

who /temperateclimate/ here?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: December 15, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »

-10 degrees decently is cold for a winter, 25 degrees is decently warm for a summer

who /temperateclimate/ here?
Temperate climate best climate. Though it's warmer in the summer here (often mid-80s F, rarely into 90s F), and... fuck, I haven't really been home during the winter for 4 years, but that seems about right for winter at home, colder at school.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #14202 on: December 16, 2016, 05:52:00 pm »

temperate woo

But Denmark has such mild temperatures that pretty much everyone has a wider tolerance band than i do. 'round the year, the temperatures rarely exceed 25C and rarely drop below -5C, and as Th4DwArfY1 has experienced, snow is by no means a guarantee in the winter. We get a shit ton of rain in the autumn, but then it's just like "nope" when winter hits, and we'll get maybe 8 flakes distributed across the country.

21C is freezing cold where I'm from. 39.5 is a normal day.
so i'm only going to ask you this once

are you a fire elemental?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14203 on: December 16, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »

Yes.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »

It's been a while since i've shown my face here (both literally and figuratively), so i'm gonna remedy that:
Spoiler: ma fess (click to show/hide)

Edit: just a ref of what my last face-show was:
I've gotten fatter and hairier
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:01:50 am by Hubris Incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 987