Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 24071 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2010, 01:22:31 pm »

Here's the save and DFMA map. If someone could unlock Retro's magnetite villa that would be nice too. Good luck to the next guy because I more or less ignored the management side of the fort for the year to keep in line with my character's playstyle so not really sure what's going on in the production sectors and the like.

Sign me up for another turn, Crash! :D

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2010, 02:01:24 pm »

Um well, nice turn, but you sorta broke the rules? Digging around on random levels that aren't the community or your level?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »

Um well, nice turn, but you sorta broke the rules? Digging around on random levels that aren't the community or your level?

...Crap. Sorry, I sort of assumed if it was for the creation of stone it was okay - we ran out earlier. The magnetite vein I opened up while trying to dig out the tons of stuff the exploding caravan left without having dwarves exposed, and the pool by the UG river was for stone as well. The rest I think was just little tunnels to shoot as chasmlings. If I fucked up too much, feel free to just revert back to LegoLord's save.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

Nah, it's salvageable enough.  We'll just keep on truckin.  Also, you've been added for another turn.  For the record, anything below the community level is fair game for construction supplies

Also, as a note to future players, we should probably start trying to get the water from the river to build the rest of our ice fort (though I wonder if the miners will survive long enough outside to harvest it.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »

Looks like it'll be awhile before the last on the list gets a turn, so I might as well sign up.  I'll likely have time, and I've taken a liking to writing.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »

Done.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2010, 11:04:04 pm »

Nah, it's salvageable enough.  We'll just keep on truckin.  Also, you've been added for another turn.  For the record, anything below the community level is fair game for construction supplies

What what? So people can dig around like they please on my level? Not cool.  >:(

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2010, 01:45:57 am »

Okay, anything below DemonicSpoon's level is fair game.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »

So is Samus around or am I going to have to take this up?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2010, 07:06:22 pm »

I haven't heard from him in over 24 hours and he hasn't been on since Saturday, so yeah, I'll pass it on to you.

Have fun.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2010, 09:03:54 pm »

Well, may as well get to work... This year's story shall revolve around...

A.

Sane.

Dwarf.

Assuming everyone can survive nicely and in one piece preferably.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2010, 09:08:59 pm »

Oh yeah, I noticed the megabeast pods on my floor were built upwards as well as the rest of the tower.  That could make things interesting.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2010, 09:58:10 pm »

Events of the 28th of Obsidian, 305

It's been about two days since the migrant party sent me ahead to 'locate our destination', I know in reality they were just bored of my lectures on frostbite and hypothermia. Bah, they're going to wind up dead before they turn the next canyon.
   I can see something on the horizon just about now through the haze of blinding snow and sleet, large mountain, just like everything else, but this one, this one I could see what would look like some large battlement, what with it's hexagonal shape and windows with some torch lights glowering on it's side, but in fact it was the base of a large tower, or at least that's what it's supposed to be.
   They said the pay would be great for a doctor here, twenty gold a day, great conditions, friendly inhabitants. But with each step I take toward this growing shadow on the horizon it's clear this was not the case. I look upon the tower once more, thinking, Why the hell didn't I bring my lucky drinking barrel?
   I foresee this place being drenched in magma somehow. Nevertheless, a doctor has a job to attend to, always, whether it's frostbite or third degree burns. Forget going any closer, I'm setting up camp here.

Events of the 1st of Granite, 306

It was the new year yesterday, wasn't it? It's a tradition back home to drink to the new year, but I had to settle for the last bitter bit of ale in my flask. Flask, huh, all the more reason I should have brought that silver drinking barrel with me. I'm probably about eighth a day's pace from the entrance, assuming that cave over there is the entrance, best start walkin'.

---

The first face I see, looming beside the front gate, dumping out bones, is luckily one of a dwarf, whistling a small tune as he throws a few skulls out onto a small pile. Approaching closer, he takes notice of me.

"Oi!" the dwarf bellowed, "Two steps closer an'- beh, it's just another one of you's..."

I approached until I was close enough to barely make out his features, this one seemed as if he had seen battle before, multiple scars on his face. "Hello, is this-?"

"The place most of yeh's out here are suppose' to go, yeah. Just tell me yer name an' I'll tell yeh mine, standard procedure."

"Doctor Enolic Isanathel, former apprentice of the Cheif Medi-"

"Wa- Wa- Wait, hold on there, noone prefixes themself anywhere 'less they're a snooty noble. But, Doctor?" The dwarf took a slack jawed expression, "The ruddy hell in Armok's name is a Doctor?"
   "Well yes, and how do you not know who a Doctor is?"

"Don't try and pass that stuff in front of me, hang on 'ere a second." The dwarf walked a few steps into the cave and looked down, the floor of the cave now clearly was a drawbridge, the dwarf angled his head toward an open crack in the bridge floor, "Oi! Spoon!"

The endless void beneath the bridge held no response, "SPOON!" the dwarf bellowed again.

"WHAT ARE YOU RAMBLIN' ABOUT NOW?" A voice returned, "I WAS NAPPIN'!"

"There's some fancy faced lad here who's callin' himself a 'Doctor'! Know what that is?" The gate dwarf shouted

"DOES HE CALL HIMSELF THAT BEFORE, OR AFTER HIS NAME?"

"Before!"

"NOBLE!"

"Great..." The dwarf muttered, "Git the hell in here, yer gettin a bed til we can sort out how we're execut- er, puttin' yeh to use."

The dwarf started his way across the bridge, on my way to follow him, I looked into the crack, I couldn't see anything, just the void below, awful dark, and seemingly endless.

"WHAT'RE YOU LOOKING AT?! I SEE YOU UP THERE!" A dwarvenly voice echoed back

"Sorry! But why are you down there?!" I shouted

"LAST GUY DECIDED TO TOSS ME DOWN HERE," The 'Spoon' dwarf returned, "WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE, TOSS ME DOWN A KNIFE OR SOMTHING, THESE DAMN SWALLOWS KEEP GOING FOR MY EYES"

The gate dwarf turned and shouted, "Hey! You waitin' for the next Orc Seige? Get in here!"

Lovely place, I wholly support my theory of destruction by magma.

---

No, I haven't actually done any playing yet, just trying to preface some things. Not to mention it's always hard for me to get used to any fortress I haven't built myself, expect an update sometime in the next 48 hours, unfortunately I have a test to attend to soon

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2010, 10:57:07 pm »

Hehe, awesome. :D

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »

Off to a good start I see :D The fortress' inner workings befuddled the hell out of me so looking forwards to seeing how you deal with that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16