Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56725 times)

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2010, 09:53:01 am »

there are 2 saves in the folder, which one should i be using? (i am going to try and figure it out, but i wont be able to play for a few hours)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2010, 10:34:02 am »

Demonic Spoon is not a good choice for Sheriff. He's carrying a pick, and administers beatings.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2010, 10:44:21 am »

Sorry, Day Eleven B is the one to use. Day Eleven A is the timeline where Thrathnu got into the fort.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:58 pm »

Demonic Spoon is not a good choice for Sheriff. He's carrying a pick, and administers beatings.

What? That's the DWARVEN way of going about these sorts of things. Demonic Spoon for sheriff!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2010, 02:10:58 pm »

What? That's the DWARVEN way of going about these sorts of things. Demonic Spoon for sheriff!
Axes are way more dwarven than that.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2010, 02:26:10 pm »

Yeah but it gets more into the area of captial punishment, we want the dwarves alive but severely wounded, not in thousands of pieces all over the place making tonnes of hauling jobs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2010, 02:55:40 pm »

Who cares? It just gives you more time to practice axe usage when you're killing those haulers for not following your orders.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

Oh, I'd forgotten. Chaining the tigermen up next to the magma pool was interesting, but the first time through they all died of thirst. In timeline B I untied them in time for all but one to survive. They all made a beeline for the brook to slake their thirst.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

from the Journal of 64-bit, Lead Engineer
26th Opal, 1057

With the giant magma pump stack designed, and just needing to be built at this point, i thought i could lay back for a while. but now it appears, the entire fortress is looking at me for leadership. i may know a lot about pumps and gears, but nothing about leading a fortress. we are going to try and get this pump stack done, so that the sky and the magma can be reunited once again,

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2010, 06:02:04 pm »

Somehow I foresee the grand pump tower becoming the end of the fortress.......
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2010, 06:59:22 pm »

4th Granite, 1058

I can't walk 10 feet down here without stubbing my toe on a boulder*. whoever ran this place before thought it fit to just leave rocks laying around. we do have dwarfs launching some of the rocks into our neighborers land, but its not fast enough, and i have ordered a bunch of the stones cast into the magma sea.
(my fps is hovering between 16 and 20, lets hope this helps)

in other news, it seems we have a collection of tigerman chained up on a ledge**, and it seems they are dying of thirst. there is probably a very good reason why they are there, so i see fit to leave them.

* (my fps is hovering between 16 and 20, lets hope this helps)
**(apparently you didn't unchain them in timeline B, too bad for them)

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

16th Granite, 1058
today a dwarf came up to me, and reported that one of the goblins we had in a cage had become quite attached to his iron pike. i didn't believe him, so i went and checked, sure enough, the goblin had become quite attached to his pike.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

22nd Granite, 1058
15 dwarf migrants came to our fortress today. among them was a legendary miner, and a legendary wood burner. personally, wood burning doesn't seem to be a very demanding or skilled task, but he says otherwise. we also got a master milker and a grand master milker. most of the new immigrants have been tasked to complete the pump stack. we are in the process of designing a power plant to run everything.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »

16th Granite, 1058
today a dwarf came up to me, and reported that one of the goblins we had in a cage had become quite attached to his iron pike. i didn't believe him, so i went and checked, sure enough, the goblin had become quite attached to his pike.

That sounds like it could require surgery.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:51 pm »

so, apparently, the underground cave with the magnitite forgotten beast wasn't as sealed as well as i thought it was, and, cage traps didn't stop it. half the fort tried to bash it to death in the main staircase, but they couldn't. going to have to revert the save. at least im not going to bed anytime soon. walls are being built

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:11 am »

27th Granite, 1058
we have filled all of the holes to the underground cavern, i don't trust our cage traps to capture some of the stuff down there. we have gotten the pump stack up to floor 34, and its growing steadily. a project to divert part of the river for waterwheels has been started.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28