Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1217394 times)

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.49!!!)
« Reply #2850 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:03 pm »

I would kinda like a more pillary tile for the pillars, just so I can differentiate between fortifications and pillars more easily.  But that's way low priority.

Hey, by the way.  Did you guys ever get anywhere with making the engraved walls look different from regular smoothed ones?  Mosaicy patterns or extra smoothness or whatever it was?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: September 27, 2010, 10:51:54 pm »

Lighter color schemes should do wonders for you guys, though, if ours looks too dark for your liking.

Ironhand (or anyone who knows)

Is there a way to change the color scheme to a lighter one on your graphics set?  If so, how do I do it?  I saw a post back a page or 2 on the colors.txt file but when I compared mine with his they were identical.  If it is just a matter of swapping out this file can you recommend one for me.  If not just point me in the right direction.

I really like the Ironhand graphics and want to continue using them but if there was a way brighten it easily this dwarfs happy meter would go right up to ecstatic.

Qwazzerman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: September 27, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »

I saw a post back a page or 2 on the colors.txt file
If I'm not mistaken (and I could be since I am completely guessing) the Colors.txt file contains the standards for basic colors in the game (magenta, cyan, black, etc.), using the R/G/B notation.  So if you adjusted the values and made all the colors a little lighter, perhaps the game would be brighter? 
Or you could make your own *crazy* color scheme!  Red is black!  Blue is up!  Magenta now attracts iron!

And you could always save a backup file and replace it if things go wonky.

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: September 28, 2010, 08:48:29 am »

Anyone else experiencing crashes when loo[k]ing at certain things in Fortress Mode? Currently it happens when looking at a smear of cyclops blood. It never happens when not using True Type so it could be a vanilla bug.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: September 28, 2010, 10:56:26 am »

Lighter color schemes should do wonders for you guys, though, if ours looks too dark for your liking.

Ironhand (or anyone who knows)

Is there a way to change the color scheme to a lighter one on your graphics set?  If so, how do I do it?  I saw a post back a page or 2 on the colors.txt file but when I compared mine with his they were identical.  If it is just a matter of swapping out this file can you recommend one for me.  If not just point me in the right direction.

I really like the Ironhand graphics and want to continue using them but if there was a way brighten it easily this dwarfs happy meter would go right up to ecstatic.

Head over to the wiki and look up 'color scheme', there are quite a few different schemes you can try out, maybe one of them will suit your eyeballs.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 28, 2010, 10:57:08 am »

I've been getting crashes from looking at certain things in Legends or changing my fortress's name. It's probably a DF thing rather than an Ironhand thing.

It's a shame that TTF isn't implemented for each menu yet. The dwarf individual pages are hideous, as are the history pages for the most part.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 28, 2010, 12:54:52 pm »

Anyone else experiencing crashes when loo[k]ing at certain things in Fortress Mode? Currently it happens when looking at a smear of cyclops blood. It never happens when not using True Type so it could be a vanilla bug.

I haven't even seen a cyclops yet :)

Quote from: ungulateman
It's a shame that TTF isn't implemented for each menu yet. The dwarf individual pages are hideous, as are the history pages for the most part.

Yes, I switched back to Phoebus because the many non-TTF screen and blocks where accented characters should be, it got too annoying on my eyeballs. If I understood it correct, it is Toady One who needs to convert the remaning non-TTF screens, Ironhand can't do a thing.

But what about the accented characters? Why are they turning into blocks?

Anyways,  I really prefer Ironhands beautiful tiles. They are both refined in their detail and I love the choice of colors. On Phoebus I hate red sand so much, but it looks delicate on Ironhand.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:00 pm »

But what about the accented characters? Why are they turning into blocks?

I think it is something in the way it is interpreting the font.  I tried a few other fonts that have all the special characters and they do the same thing, so I am assuming it is something with the game and not the specific font that Ironhand picked.  Now where this problem gets fixed is another thing, it is definitely not something that Ironhand can clear up, so we will have to wait till Baughn finds the problem I think.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #2858 on: September 28, 2010, 02:24:15 pm »

Keep an eye out for them...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:32 pm »

Keep an eye out for them...

As many as I can spare, one should suffice ;)

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 28, 2010, 03:56:28 pm »

just gotta say.

F**KING  AMAZING, yes at the moment it has problems. but hey, theyll be overcome soon, but yeah. the set is really good and i use it all the time. and i hope you keep updating it, and keep it current.
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:31 am »

When all the issues are solved with DF and the graphics set this is going to be the best thing evar! :D

microMOOSE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 30, 2010, 01:32:07 pm »

Ive crashed looking at an ettin in the latest update.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 30, 2010, 09:08:54 pm »

31.14 is pretty unstable. I got several crahses from looking at certain parts of Legends, changing my fortress name and embarking.

*sticks to 31.12*
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

GHudston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 30, 2010, 09:38:13 pm »

31.14 is pretty unstable. I got several crahses from looking at certain parts of Legends, changing my fortress name and embarking.

*sticks to 31.12*

I agree! However, I was between fortresses when I installed the new version and have since deleted the old version. Now I can't find it anywhere!

Is there anywhere to download one of the earlier, more stable versions of this set until the various crashing and text issues are gone?
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 329