Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218588 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4515 on: May 14, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »

I have just completed a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
My twin sister is also graduating this week, which is also our birthday.
I will soon be starting my first ever real job as a software developer.
I'm also trying to land a new apartment and furniture and whatnot.
And for the first time in my life I have a girlfriend.

Wow, congratulations, man!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:50 pm »

"Hey guys, I got a job, a degree, a girlfriend, and my life is awesome."

No apologizing. thank you for your work til now, and happy trails! Til we meet again.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: May 14, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »

Since Ironhand has a life and I still don't. I looked up how to get my favorite tileset to work with .08 and I think I succeeded. I used a tile merger program to update the raws and did some file compares with cmd prompt "fc" I think i found most of the relevant stuff. I copied the colors.txt from the init and manually copied stuff from the init and d_init.txt. I copied the graphics folder stuff over and it appears to work. The game loads and I have dwarfs and everything looks the same. The only thing that needs work is figuring out how to assign the correct tiles to the new tracks, wheelbarrows and minecarts. If I can figure out the track stuff, could I upload it for everyone else?

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #4518 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »

Since Ironhand has a life and I still don't. I looked up how to get my favorite tileset to work with .08 and I think I succeeded. I used a tile merger program to update the raws and did some file compares with cmd prompt "fc" I think i found most of the relevant stuff. I copied the colors.txt from the init and manually copied stuff from the init and d_init.txt. I copied the graphics folder stuff over and it appears to work. The game loads and I have dwarfs and everything looks the same. The only thing that needs work is figuring out how to assign the correct tiles to the new tracks, wheelbarrows and minecarts. If I can figure out the track stuff, could I upload it for everyone else?

My hero!
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: May 14, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

I looked at the track stuff and most of the track sections will work as-is. They use inverted engraved wall tiles. The The end pieces and track stops are just solid black. Also minecarts are solid black and wheelbarrows look like solid stone wall.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: May 15, 2012, 12:19:37 am »

I edited the tools raw to make the wheel barrow use tile 208. I don't know what it is supposed to be or what it is used for already.
I made the minecart use the same tile as traction benches. It seems to be a good fit until something can be drawn.
I decided to make the end track tiles the arrows. They point toward the direction their piece connects to. If you build track stops ontop of them, you will see the track stop and not the arrows.
The track stops were trickier.  I don't know if it is possible change which tile the Track Stop uses, so I just added some transparency to it so its not solid black.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:21:14 am by GoldenShadow »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: May 15, 2012, 12:42:59 am »

Ok, here is the file. If its not cool to do this, let me know and I'll take it down.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Edit: I just realized that some of my personal preferences are included.
In announcements.txt I turned off pause and recenter for damp and warm stone, aswell as citizen birth. I added paused and recenter for citizen death.
Sound is not disabled, but starting volume level is zero. Show Flow amounts is set to YES

Another small bug I just discovered. In D-init.txt, remove the apostrophes around the 199 in to fix single block walls looking like a number 1.
[PILLAR_TILE:'199'] to
[PILLAR_TILE:199]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:28:17 am by GoldenShadow »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: May 15, 2012, 02:58:41 am »

Best of luck IronHand! Plenty of other great tilesets around and will give me a chance to try Jolly Bastion and Vherid's properly :D
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: May 15, 2012, 07:50:05 am »

Glad to hear life's working out for you!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: May 15, 2012, 08:18:49 am »

Ok, here is the file. If its not cool to do this, let me know and I'll take it down.

Edit: I just realized that some of my personal preferences are included.
In announcements.txt I turned off pause and recenter for damp and warm stone, aswell as citizen birth. I added paused and recenter for citizen death.
Sound is not disabled, but starting volume level is zero. Show Flow amounts is set to YES

Another small bug I just discovered. In D-init.txt, remove the apostrophes around the 199 in to fix single block walls looking like a number 1.
[PILLAR_TILE:'199'] to
[PILLAR_TILE:199]
Thanks for it and:
Im glad to see everything is going well to you Ironhand, but let me tell you;
I once in minecraftforums I had a mod with my friends, but one day we decided not to update it, then the next day, the same happened. We decided to not update our mod again.
If you dont update this soon, I'm afraid you will forget about the graphic pack and never update it, whick happened to me and my friends.
I wish you good luck! :D
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »

Removed old link. Use- http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Newer version which should look a little better. It contains an edited tileset with a new dedicated wheelbarrow sprite and fixed rails, no more arrows. The pillar problem is also fixed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:27:00 pm by GoldenShadow »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: May 15, 2012, 07:33:04 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6311

Newer version which should look a little better. It contains an edited tileset with a new dedicated wheelbarrow sprite and fixed rails, no more arrows. The pillar problem is also fixed.

Looks fantastic, thank you.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »

I have just completed a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
Congratulations
My twin sister is also graduating this week, which is also our birthday.
Congratulations
I will soon be starting my first ever real job as a software developer.
Congratulations
I'm also trying to land a new apartment and furniture and whatnot.
Congratulations
And for the first time in my life I have a girlfriend.
Unsure if congratulate.
Because DF isn't my top priority right now.

Maybe I'll get around to it eventually.
But don't be sitting around just waiting on it.
Use Phoebus for a while. It's an excellent set.

Sorry, guys.
Curse your priorities not aligning with my whims!

Thank you good sir.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: May 15, 2012, 08:31:33 pm »

Just my luck... I choose the Ironhand tileset in Feburary and by May it's development is frozen in time. 

I wish you the best of luck Ironhand.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: May 15, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »

Use Phoebus for a while. It's an excellent set.

Tried Phoebus... don't like the walls or the thin fonts.  I'll look at a few of the others.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 329