Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55

Author Topic: Sword of the Stars  (Read 119544 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of the Stars
« Reply #765 on: December 03, 2012, 05:21:10 am »

Actually there was some lore about ghost ship - it's is captured by someone (don't remember who) human leviathan sooooooooo many years ago.

edit: oh i misread that
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:22:44 am by lastverb »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 03, 2012, 08:54:16 am »

there are psy powers. but no other forms of magic. keep in mind that many of the sots technology is on a level that does not work with our limited understanding of the universe - like ftl drives.

the story of the ghost ship indeed is quite interesting. its strongly related to the liir race, and what may become to a liir if that liir becomes very very old and *big*.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 03, 2012, 09:08:42 am »

It's also based on the first trailer or intro or whatever, with the first contact with the LoW.

Also their universe is not like ours in terms of physical laws, for one it seems their's isn't relativistic, or something, but basically there is one static reference point at the center of the universe or something.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:48 pm »

How does one get more cubes in a fleet as the Loa? It's like turn 20 and I have one fleet which is too low on cubes to be anything more than a single command ship, and having him wait in the capital system doesn't replenish cubes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »

Not having played SotSII due to lack of worknigness on my computer, but have you tried building more ships to get more cubes?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 03, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

Not having played SotSII due to lack of worknigness on my computer, but have you tried building more ships to get more cubes?
You can also build the cubes themselves and skip the ship-building.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 03, 2012, 06:32:47 pm »

That's bugged for now and it's cheaper to build ships than cubes IIRC. You can always repurpose them later if you need to.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

we just had some infos from the kerberos coders within the ingame chat:

the expotential increase of cube costs for loa armor options is not intended and will undergo balancing with the next patch(es).
for now, just stay away from armor options if you play loa, as just picking polisilicate already will tripple the cubes of a ship.

though this is bad, its not quite as bad as it seems: loa have low armor and high structure, and are immune to critical hits. so armor options are much less usefull with loa ships anyway. on the other hand, the bullwark module (witch increases the structure of a section) will add much more structure points then the bullwarks of other races.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:46:36 pm by motorbitch »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:33 am »

as just picking polisilicate already will tripple the cubes of a ship.

Polysilicate is the one you start with isn't it? If so it certainly doesn't triple the number of cubes on a ship, although the increase is more than I'd like it seemed to be around 10-20%. If armour is weak on loa would it be worth redesigning the initial ships to strip them down you think?

I already shift all their weapons to energy at the start because I find the whole 'needs 1 supply' amusing.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 04, 2012, 07:16:59 am »

yes its the starting armor tech. best strip it all down, designs made in turn one dont require prototyping anyway.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 04, 2012, 09:34:33 am »

The reason or "excuse" why I think the Loa can't copy themselves, is because their program grows more and more in size. A new "child" needs to learn and study and gather more information to build its database. Also, growing and learning leads to progression in a race. Having everyone copy each other would bring the development of a race and its technology to a halt, I think.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 22, 2013, 03:54:01 pm »

Necroing this to ask a question.

Anyway, how does one use drone sats for defense. I've build them, but they're not present whenever a system is attacked.

SOTS 2 btw

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »

So how is the game now? Is it better than SOTS 1?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:01 pm »

I dunno. Never played SOTS 1.

But it's fairly fun, and I experienced no bugs* so far.

*Safe for the meteroid eating sort. Eat plasma missiles, scum.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #779 on: March 22, 2013, 07:37:09 pm »

Necroing this to ask a question.

Anyway, how does one use drone sats for defense. I've build them, but they're not present whenever a system is attacked.

SOTS 2 btw
You have to place them in the system defense screen.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55