Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 84133 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Now has a wiki--
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2010, 11:15:09 pm »

@Flaede, the only way I could believe it could happen is either a small amount of magma that'd dry up before the bones went. A fire where the corpse lay in it. Necrosis (but that doesn't remove the tissue, it just makes it pseudo-decay). Or an extremely hot creature to go near the corpse or creature. Or the creature could be made extremely hot, but not be able to withstand the heat and cause it to boil away to nothing but bones. However, that creature would die once it got on the map...

That's why I was asking whether it was self-destructing-creature or creature-destroying-substance. And is it just me or can you not dump the contents of a barrel/vial anymore? That would have been a delivery method for a "fire-snake-venom" extract.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »

That, I don't know. I don't play adventurer mode.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2010, 11:21:23 pm »

That, I don't know. I don't play adventurer mode.

I meant in Fortress mode. It used to be you could create colder than space extracts, and then have a dwarf dump them, freezing that dwarf solid instantly. This wasn't helpful. Neither was the "oops set myself on fire, and then it boiled away" extract I accidentally created.

I was trying for Murder-holes, you see. I was hoping that this version would let you at least dump poison on corralled enemies, but no dice, it seems.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

I didn't know you could do that...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2010, 11:34:56 pm »

Aa self-destructing creature? or a substance that does this to the creature, but is obtained somewise else?
A substance that a creature would use as a breath attack is what I'm looking for.
Necrosis sound about right... it can melt away hair and stuff like that...
So, how can I make necrosis act very very fast? Like, the creature gets hit by the acid and a second later it's already melting?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2010, 11:39:44 pm »

I believe it was raising the severity of it. Also making sure it affects everything, not just a localized area like the lungs or w/e. I think Deon might be the most help on that one, I think he has the most experience working with that stuff.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2010, 11:43:02 pm »

Alrighty, well I'm going to join the masses and ask a question maybe someone could answer for me.

When you embark... do you always have to embark in the center of your embark square?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2010, 01:10:53 am »

Alrighty, well I'm going to join the masses and ask a question maybe someone could answer for me.

When you embark... do you always have to embark in the center of your embark square?

It seems so. Even more than in the past, you don't seem to get the opportunity to go embark on the flat plateau, but instead on that giant frikkin' volcano "smokestack".
[/quote]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2010, 04:29:46 am »

Yeah.. I spawned on a one tile sized pillar that was 20 z-levels tall... I was screwed.

-edit-

Oh by the way, sorry about just disappearing earlier, I had to take my dad to the ER, he's okay now though.

Also... Wow, someone voted no for this getting a wiki, I'm curious as to why if that person care to speak up. I'm going to flame you for your opinion, might help better my guide.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:36:28 am by Shaostoul »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I want a certain creature to appear in ALL biomes except water.
Underground, on the surface...

How do I do this? If possible.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I want a certain creature to appear in ALL biomes except water.

I believe you can do this by giving it multiple biomes (you could in the previous version, can anyone confirm for 2010?). Give it ANY_LAND and SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM.

For the sudden necrosis thing you can tweak the START and PEAK durations of the syndrome, so the necrosis reaches its peak after 10 or less units of time.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2010, 10:17:00 pm »

Will try.

Another question:
Is it possible to make a creature that is asexual?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2010, 03:24:39 am »

Will try.

Another question:

Don't add [MALE] or [FEMALE].
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:22 am »

Will try.

Another question:

Don't Add [MALE] or [FEMALE][ELF].

Fixed...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:38 am »

I believe you can do this by giving it multiple biomes (you could in the previous version, can anyone confirm for 2010?). Give it ANY_LAND and SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM.
My experience is that you also need to add UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:3 (or however deep you want your creatures) for them to appear both above and below.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29