Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602600 times)

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1890 on: May 17, 2011, 06:43:22 am »

I'd hate to disappoint you, but it's been like... 3 months. And absolutely no sign of DarkerDark. I'm afraid he's gone from this forum. If anyone knows the location of this person on the internet, or in real life I guess, please notify us!

Shortly after my last post in the Forgotten Beast Art thread, my drawing tablet phased out of existence. Either I was using the wrong type of Elerium crystals to keep the thing powered, or the time continuum finally caught up and rendered my tablet useless, since it cannot exist in two points of time at once.

Joking aside, my tablet is dead. I know I have a two year manufacturer warranty on the thing, but I've thrown out the original packaging and lost the receipt. My hours of work (the graveyard shift) have also prevented me from calling into the company and asking what it is I need to get the thing replaced. If I can't get the thing fixed, then I'll probably have to purchase a new one.

Anyways, that's why I haven't been taking part in the other drawing threads. Rest assured that I have not left the forums, I'm just more of a lurker than a regular poster. And regardless of what happens, I plan on having a working tablet in the next couple of months.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:52 am »

you have a mouse or a track pad you could draw on that until you get a new tablet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 17, 2011, 08:23:24 am »

Well I'm really glad to see you're not gone. I'm not going to complain about you not telling, that your tablet was broken. (I checked my fact this time. You didn't say anything.) Though now, unfortunately, I did complain. Aren't there any other ways for you to draw? Or are you only good with a tablet?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 17, 2011, 08:43:43 am »

Ok then, just keep us up to speed and please don't take TO long.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 17, 2011, 09:11:02 am »

Sorry to hear your tablet's borked ):
A friend of mine lost his tablet's pen for a while and he was kinda crazy for a few days until he found it.  I can understand, when my work laptop has trouble I'm the same way!

Best of luck with the warranty, maybe they can look up the serial number and see it's still covered.  I did that with my laptop once, didn't need the receipt.
*goes back to lurking*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 17, 2011, 01:44:20 pm »

you have a mouse or a track pad you could draw on that until you get a new tablet.
The entire point of a tablet is so you DON'T need to figure out how to draw well with a mouse, or attempt to try with a trackpad.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 17, 2011, 11:35:54 pm »

Thanks for letting us know the situation.
Hopefully, this will lessen the clamouring for you to draw something. Try calling in with the serial number on one of your days off, if you have one. The worst that can happen is that they tell you no, right?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 17, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

Maybe one of you should put your money where your mouth is and buy the gut a new pad. ;)

Seriously though, good to see your still around.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 18, 2011, 01:11:39 am »

LOL! Alright, here you go!

I actually have a lot of experience drawing with the mouse, it just takes forever, and I can't do any cool poses or stuff that requires the free-handed sketchwork. It makes things frustrating. As for the track pad... Good god, no.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1899 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15:10 am »

I hate to ask but what program are you using?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:35 am »

I'm quite glad you haven't abandoned this, DD.

:D

If I could, I would sell my soul and buy you a =*adamantine tablet*=

But alas, my soul isn't worth much >_>
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 18, 2011, 06:52:05 am »

What kind of tablet are you used to? It may sound silly, but a lot of people seem to be addicted to your artstuff. If even five of them chipped in ten bucks, you could buy yourself a new Wacom Bamboo. Tiny but efficient, in my own experience.

Of course, this kind of plan won't work if you're used to a Cintiq.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 18, 2011, 08:05:36 am »

I probably missed it from somewhere, but if I didn't... I don't think I've seen that tablet picture. You didn't draw it lately so...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:30 am »

That trackball picture...

Why do I find it so hillarious?
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 18, 2011, 11:57:33 am »

Heh, I love the graphical comparison.  And I gotta say, the skill of the artist shows through despite the medium.  You may not be able to do what you want on a trackpad, but how many people can draw something that coherent in the first place?  It's obviously recognizable as an elf, and not a "hideous abomination."  (Dwarf-Fortress-related anti-elf jokes aside.)

--Rexfelum
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 185