Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM) Turn 26:MASSIVE DAMAGE!  (Read 30993 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM) Turn 1 : Hound fight!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 08:34:24 am »

i'm tree melee fighters
Actually you're 1/2 a melee fighter.So by skills your party has:

2 melee
2 healing
2 utility skills (crafting,survival)
4 combat magic (destruction,death)

Also In true RTD fashion I will roll your actions when everybody does something.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 09:04:04 am »

yes, but our summons can provide brute force when needed  8)
also, i think that double mages could use a bit more mana, else they're a bit underpowered: they can cast the same number of spells a mage\fighter does and get no aditional benefits

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 09:49:54 am »

I never intended for people to do double-mages.Plus they already have the bonus of versatility.I would understand if it were a game where magic can be for example strong fire magic and accurate lightning magic,however here different types of magic work a lot differently,therefore double-maging removes a lot of restrictions.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 09:56:12 am »

yeah, i get it. it's like being soldier and gladiator wouldn't benefit you in anything besides versatility. moving on

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 09:57:56 am »

yeah, i get it. it's like being soldier and gladiator wouldn't benefit you in anything besides versatility. moving on
Soldier and gladiator combo is pointless actually.Thats why no one chooses it and isn't supposed to choose it.They pretty much do the same in different ways.Different magic,however doesn't.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 10:02:35 am »

still the benefit would be slight compared to mage\warrior combo, or mage\usefull skill, because having two skills using up the same resource is effectively equal to having only two half skills. l but it was the person's choice, the gm is not to blame for it

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 10:24:21 am »

still the benefit would be slight compared to mage\warrior combo, or mage\usefull skill, because having two skills using up the same resource is effectively equal to having only two half skills. l but it was the person's choice, the gm is not to blame for it

A turn is a resource as well, and it's used by all combat skills: even a warrior/mage needs to choose between melee or magic each turn. Not many people took utility skills, though.

Watching this, and I'll probably submit a character for the waiting list when I'm feeling creative enough to write a description, lol.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 10:26:12 am »

Create a character when someone dies.I'll put you in waiting list.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 12:41:19 pm »

I'll split the face of the nearest hound like a log... or try to, at least.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:51 pm »

A turn is a resource as well, and it's used by all combat skills: even a warrior/mage needs to choose between melee or magic each turn. Not many people took utility skills, though.
still it a mage fighter could cast as much spels as a mage mage, and when he runs out of spells he can use his swords, while the mage mage is limited to his amount of mana. they get a little advantage for versatility, but i think that to be trully balanced they'd get something like 130 mana or something...
but it's not that important, and i'm not feeling confortable discussing the rules, i don't want to get on the game master's wrong side :P so let's move on

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 03:37:05 pm »

ready shield, take defensive pose, and block the first hell hounds attack, trying to make it impale itself on the spikes, counter with a sharp thrust for the throat.
in other words, jump in the way of the first attack, then counter attack it.
Nom nom nom

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 08:04:29 am »

Saret:"i call forth a zombie! rise, my child, feast on this flesh!!"

(6) You raise your hands in a somewhat cliche way and start chanting the zombie spell.A zombie rises and you notice you managed to summon it from a still strong and fresh corpse.

"if i succeed at my summoning i order my zombie to attack and attack with him"

You charge the hounds and cut them with your scimitars.(4+1)You managed to put a large gash on one hounds back as well as a lot of other smaller wounds.
(3) Your zombie punches and bites a hound,making a few small wounds.

(3) You cast a magic missile spell.It hits and burns a hounds torso.The hound charges at you after that,however (1) and it knocks you down and starts ripping your body.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Serolius:"I summon a pair of zombies with a burst of warpfire."

You try to summon a zombie (2).You send a burst of dark magic through your staff and...nothing happens.Slightly annoyed you try to repeat the spell.(5) You send another burst of dark magic as a zombie,and quite a good one at that,rises from the ground.

You concentrate for a moment trying to attack the hound at the best moment,(2) but the hound proves faster than you and latches onto your arm.You try to shake it off (2) but the hound only tightens its grip and makes your wound deeper.

A hound rushes towards you.(5+1)However you manage to get out of its way and hack it in the neck with all your strenght,you leave a huge gash then try to kick it to finish it off (1+1),but the wolf dodges your attack and bites your leg.

This is the part where you realize that this is going to be tough. ;)

TURN 2 BEGIN!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's dungeon crawl.(TM) Turn 2 : YOU BIT MY ARM!
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 09:34:38 am »

Serolius scowled as one of his companions went down and two more were attempting to escape the jaws of the hounds. He ordered his undead minion to attack the one chewing on Systar, while he lowered his staff at the hound currently ripping into Ochita.

Murmuring the words to an offensive spell, he concentrated his dark energies on his staff.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 09:44:28 am »

Magic Missile to the FACE. then pull out dagger and start stabbing ITS WEAK POINT
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:57:36 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:06 am »

i continue to fight the hound i'm engaged, if i manage to kill it i rush with my zombie servant to aid Systar, if i get seriously wounded i atempt to retreat and summon another zombie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20