Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 214117 times)

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2010, 12:46:20 am »

Has anyone else noticed that the Shift+Direction fast move commands no longer work? Or is it just me.
Your Num-Lock is On

ikacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2010, 12:46:48 am »

I'm getting a crash any time I try to create a squad in Linux.
Linux Billengate 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm getting this as well, running the Linux version in Arch Linux.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2010, 12:48:43 am »

Get a GL error every time I try to do anything other then stare at the main menu. Looks like its fine, but I cant play it :(

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2010, 12:50:10 am »

What settings are other people using that are giving them huge speed boosts on win7? I've been fiddling around with the settings and getting about the same or maybe even slightly worse framerate. Just curious. PARTIAL gave me flickers, ACCUM and FRAME_BUFFER slight increases maybe, and VBO nothing really changed. Thoughts?
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2010, 12:51:37 am »

Ahhhh, feels good to be back :D

(*) Offloading units slow?
Yep, takes even longer than before. :)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:33 am »

I'm getting a crash any time I try to create a squad in Linux.
Linux Billengate 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm getting this as well, running the Linux version in Arch Linux.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also get that crash. Using Ubuntu 9.10.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:20 am »

For what it's worth, leaving graphics off and just setting the font file to the graphics set bmp is working (mostly) for me, using Mayday.  The tiles all work, but the dwarfs are slightly simplified.  Mouse designation is also working fine for me.

Did this little workaround and it works better. Id like to use the actual graphics, but it'll have to do till .05 or .04b

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:49 am »

Same here. Place mayday.bmp in data/art and then in data/init/init.txt use

[WINDOWEDX:95]
[WINDOWEDY:50]
[FONT:mayday.bmp]

With [GRAPHICS:NO] and whatever tile sizes work for your resolution.

Creatures/enemies won't have graphics, and all dwarves look the same, but if you're used to the mayday graphics this is an intermediate step between that and the default ascii curses.

bloodtoes

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2010, 01:20:08 am »

Yay!

Works good. Also got the error message using graphics mode, so I turned it off and just used mayday font. Windows 7 / recent geforce.

Gorgecrafts may yet be saved... :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:21:50 am by bloodtoes »
Tekkud Udosdakost, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: interrupted by Carp.
Tekkud Udosdakost has bled to death.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2010, 01:24:20 am »

Can't seem to resize or zoom.  :(
I had the same problem, then I realized it seems to have something to do with the size of the tiles I'm using. I initially set it up with the 16x16 set I always use and found I could not zoom (or switch to full screen). This maxes out my horizontal screen resolution, in case that's relevant (16X80=1280). Then I did a fresh install, and sure enough both worked properly then. So, for science, I tried some more sizes. At 8x8 I got horrible ugly garbage on the title screen and during the opening move. (Not sure if this is the same as Toady mentioned.) Then I tried 12x12, and everything seemed to work properly. So I settled on that for windowed mode and my old 16x16 tiles for full screen, and it hasn't been giving me any more problems.

Has anyone else noticed that the Shift+Direction fast move commands no longer work? Or is it just me.
Your Num-Lock is On
:facepalm: You're right of course. I long ago made an AutoHotkey script that automatically turns off Numlock in DF (and back on when I close it). It worked so well I forgot about it. 8) But the script didn't recognize the the new version. Oops.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:29:42 am by ManaUser »
Akur Akir Akam!

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 01:27:04 am »

For what it's worth, leaving graphics off and just setting the font file to the graphics set bmp is working (mostly) for me, using Mayday.  The tiles all work, but the dwarfs are slightly simplified.  Mouse designation is also working fine for me.

Did this little workaround and it works better. Id like to use the actual graphics, but it'll have to do till .05 or .04b
0.4b?
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 01:30:05 am »

Can't seem to resize or zoom.  :(
I had the same problem, then I realized it seems to have something to do with the size of the tiles I'm using. I initially set it up with the 16x16 set I always use and found I could not zoom (or switch to full screen). This maxes out my horizontal screen resolution, in case that's relevant (16X80=1280). Then I did a fresh install, and sure enough both worked properly then. So, for science, I tried some more sizes. At 8x8 I got horrible ugly garbage on the title screen and during the opening move. (Not sure if this is the same as Toady mentioned.) Then I tried 12x12, and everything seemed to work properly. So I settled on that for windowed mode and my old 16x16 tiles for full screen, and it hasn't been giving me any more problems.

I was using a clean install, which makes it all the stranger.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2010, 01:45:59 am »

Thanks a bunch Toady!
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2010, 01:51:32 am »

@Dabi: If we happen to find a major bug that needs and immediate fix, usually game developers wont jump ahead by a whole number, and will instead use letters, or in rarer cases, things like .31.04.1.

In the case you knew this already, I was just making a guess at what the next version would be.

On a personal note, .04 is, as I feared, very slow in comparison to 2010 (Averaging 80 fps at embark, as apposed to 100 at 15 dwarves.). Im going to try out the legacy version, however.

On yet another note, why is the legacy file larger then the one that includes SDL?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:55:32 am by Rex_Nex »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2010, 01:56:12 am »

On a personal note, .04 is, as I feared, very slow in comparison to 2010 (Averaging 80 fps at embark, as apposed to 100 at 15 dwarves.). Im going to try out the legacy version, however.

Have you tried changing the rendering mode in init?  Many people won't get optimal performance with the standard rendering mode.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55