Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 213775 times)

Metaverse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #465 on: May 19, 2010, 11:30:08 pm »

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but the linking screen for levers and pressure plates is 'snaping' to the wrong object. It will function normally and the yellow x will appear on the correct object, but the viewscreen itself will jump the next item on the list, so the 'X' may not be visable, and you cannot 'look around' without deselecting. 
Also, there are some intermittent graphical quirks. (at least for me)
[BLACK_SPACE:NO] Fails to initialize at startup sometimes, and on some occasions will revert mid-game (usually when changing view modes, or alt-tabbing) This will leave the game cornered in the upper left of the screen at 800x600.
I have had some trouble getting blocks in the game to look as crisp (dos-like) as they did in the previous version.
I had some success by using [VSYNC:YES] and [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST].

Otherwise game performance has been vastly improved, running almost 4 times faster on my irrigated 150 dwarf fort.
Thanks for the update, I will post anything else i notice.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:32:54 pm by Metaverse »

lumikant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://twilightmu.org
« Reply #466 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:06 pm »

Is the crash on squad creation Linux only? Any windows users or mac users having this crash?

void

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »

How much does glxgears give FPS for you?

around 50k/5s.
on an interesting note, im able to get 50fps w/ wine (bah)

void

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48:39 pm »

Oh and by the way, is it normal to get a Cave-in right after arrival?
I'm looking at a cave-in message announced on 1st Granite 1051 @ some 38 level.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48:53 pm »

I have searched the internet for the answer to this so i hope you guys can help.  i am trying to run the mike mayday tileset but i get the error "gpu unable to accomodate texture catalog"  Can anyone help me with this problem?

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:42 am »

I have searched the internet for the answer to this so i hope you guys can help.  i am trying to run the mike mayday tileset but i get the error "gpu unable to accomodate texture catalog"  Can anyone help me with this problem?

Holy crap dude. It is answered like 10 times in this thread. Graphics don't work and they are working on it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 20, 2010, 12:02:20 am »

No-one ever reads threads. Just tell them "Read the thread".
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 20, 2010, 12:08:55 am »

the thread is 32 pages i did a thread search for gpu, graphics, and tile set and got nothing....

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2010, 12:10:05 am »

Strangely, thread searching doesn't work.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:46 am »

You kidding me?  I've put myself through 1 - 2 fps for regular DF games, hours spent watching my dwarfs going to the stockpile and then drinking for hours. 

Some people don't realize how good they have it...

1 to 2 FPS? Luxury! Why, we used to have to share a single frame every minute, all twenty-six of us, with no backlight, and 'alf the screen was missing, and we were all huddled in one corner for fear of falling...

A single frame? You were lucky to have a frame! We had to live in the hole of a punch card dropped under the central housing of a UNIVAC II in a decommissioned nuclear silo, and every-morning we'd have to get up at 4;00 AM and die of radiation that was leaking from a nearby cracked warhead. But we were happy then....

Mac OS 10.5.8, ledgekindred's technique of changing backspace to delete in the interface.txt would work... if it let me select anything in Key bindings at all. It does not. Besides that, I'm waiting for working tilesets so i don't get the dreaded ASCII headaches.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2010, 12:23:07 am »

the thread is 32 pages i did a thread search for gpu, graphics, and tile set and got nothing....

Well, that's forgiveable I guess... sorry to act so harshly. But yeah, it's answered on the like fourth page, so a little bit of reading would help.

void

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

Think someone able should edit the first post and put it into "Known Issues".

I myself *almost* asked that question yesterday before I performed a google search. Mind you, google search leads to so many misleading infos dating back to like two years ago...same errors only they are caused by a totally different reason.
Until I get lucky and struck a native answer vein in exactly this thread via google...

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2010, 01:03:21 am »

Terrible forum software is terrible. But DF players should be used to eye forking UIs right?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:09 am »

They got a new search engine because the old one, while pretty effective, was way too hard on the server.  The new one is not nearly as flexible, and (from what I can tell) takes a while to index content, and is kind of picky about what words it indexes.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2010, 01:27:21 am »

You kidding me?  I've put myself through 1 - 2 fps for regular DF games, hours spent watching my dwarfs going to the stockpile and then drinking for hours. 

Some people don't realize how good they have it...

1 to 2 FPS? Luxury! Why, we used to have to share a single frame every minute, all twenty-six of us, with no backlight, and 'alf the screen was missing, and we were all huddled in one corner for fear of falling...

A single frame? You were lucky to have a frame! We had to live in the hole of a punch card dropped under the central housing of a UNIVAC II in a decommissioned nuclear silo, and every-morning we'd have to get up at 4;00 AM and die of radiation that was leaking from a nearby cracked warhead. But we were happy then....

*sticks nose in air*
A whole punch card? YOU WERE LUCKY TO HAVE A PUNCH CARD! Back in my day, we had to work for a unforgiving blood god (His name was Armok, but we called him "The Player", and not for his notorious pimping of the cats) who usually sacrificed us for a HOLE. But we were ecstatic back then...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55