Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 213763 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2010, 09:49:03 pm »

Huh. I'm playing on a laptop with no numpad, so I normally remap the secondary menu navigation keys to Equals and Minus. However, trying to change the key bindings in game has allowed me to set Equals as the new move up key, but it does not register Minus as the new move down key. Much more irritatingly, this means that when resizing a room I can make it smaller, but not larger. I can work around it, but it is a pain in the butt now that i'm in the Big Room makin' business.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »

Hello. I've been getting pretty good FPS (not sure how it compares to 31.03), and it seems to be running fine for the most part, but I'm noticing that it's taking really, really long to load a saved game - upwards of 8 minutes, in most cases. Is this normal? Does anybody have any tips?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2010, 10:18:16 pm »

Is there a solution to the "GPU unable to accomodate texture store" problem on Linux? I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on a Thinkpad R400. The 40d19 is running perfect in graphics mode, but 31_04 gives me this error when I try to create world or when I try to enter the game (if I create the world in text mode). This happens with both original and alternative tilesets.

Tilesets don't work yet. It's a known issue, Baughn says he'll have something up maybe Wednesday. They mention it earlier in the thread...

Mr. Accident

• Bay Watcher
  • No playing in the crater.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2010, 10:22:50 pm »

You kidding me?  I've put myself through 1 - 2 fps for regular DF games, hours spent watching my dwarfs going to the stockpile and then drinking for hours. 

Some people don't realize how good they have it...

1 to 2 FPS? Luxury! Why, we used to have to share a single frame every minute, all twenty-six of us, with no backlight, and 'alf the screen was missing, and we were all huddled in one corner for fear of falling...

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2010, 10:31:17 pm »

Everything is fine now, the default options just didn't like my 1360x768 screen - even less than the old version did.

Setting the basic tileset to fullscreen at 1360x768 opened up HUGE ranges of visibility I never suspected I could get though, it's almost like playing a new game :)

Your resolution is really 1360x768 and not 1366x768? I find that interesting.

tuzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »

Hey, I have the same problem as most people when attempting to run the game with graphics. The game crashes whenever I press play, or generate world.

I am on a Unibody Macbook, Core 2 Duo, with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I am running Snow leopard 10.6.3.

I also get this response from my terminal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With my minimal programming knowledge, I am going to guess that dwarf fortress is not releasing the memory it is using properly. Why this would cause DF to crash is way beyond me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:45:34 pm by tuzed »
DIG DEEPER!!!

MadWombat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:51 pm »

Is there a solution to the "GPU unable to accomodate texture store" problem on Linux? I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on a Thinkpad R400. The 40d19 is running perfect in graphics mode, but 31_04 gives me this error when I try to create world or when I try to enter the game (if I create the world in text mode). This happens with both original and alternative tilesets.

Tilesets don't work yet. It's a known issue, Baughn says he'll have something up maybe Wednesday. They mention it earlier in the thread...

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will wait till then, than :)

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2010, 10:50:34 pm »

I did a search for "beard" and/or "png" in the advanced search options, limiting the search to the last 3 days, but no mention of the loss of beards, so i'm sorry if this topic have been covered, HOWEVER... I updated to _4_win and my dwarves lost their beards! I saw that the 800x600.bmp has the beards whereas the .png counterpart did not, but changing the init file to .bmp had no change. Can anyone give me a hint?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »

That seems odd, checking my own 800x600 curses png they properly have their beards, maybe there's a typo in the init and it's defaulting to the 640x300?

I know that the 800x600 .png is differently sized than the old ones, but that doesn't explain the beardless icons you are getting.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2010, 11:14:13 pm »

That was it, Greiger, thanks! I had been editing the full screen portion of the init file instead of the windowed (Doh! :P).

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2010, 11:39:03 pm »

After unpacking I tried it out, and I got a black screen every time I accidentally clicked my mouse wheel.

I was able to work around this by switching my video output to "2D" in the init file...

I am also having problems with the game thinking I am holding down keys that I am not touching, until I actually do press them and let go of them.... Like it will occasionally think I am holding the down arrow, until I actually do press the down arrow... Then it stops.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2010, 11:54:31 pm »

I just had all my dwarves die suddenly during the rain in a v0.31.04 game on a scorching beach. Also, the ocean had no fish. Looks like the rain bug is still around.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2010, 12:05:41 am »

I get this error :(

Code: [Select]
GPU unable to acommodate texture catalog
I have an nVidia geForce 9800 GTX. Did nVidia surreptitiously pull OpenGL support in their 9-series?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:41 am »

I get this error :(

Code: [Select]
GPU unable to acommodate texture catalog
I have an nVidia geForce 9800 GTX. Did nVidia surreptitiously pull OpenGL support in their 9-series?

This has been reported several dozen times in this thread.  It's a known bug and Baughn will have it fixed shortly.  Here's the tracker entry.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2010, 12:50:38 am »

Right.. sorry, GRAPHICS:ON is not going to work. I wrote the code without reference to an actual working DF, and the graphical output was one thing I couldn't replicate.

I'll get it fixed though, probably on Wednesday, so for now just keep it off?

There you go Martin.

Sweeeet. Its funny, as a programmer, I care less about when the fix will arrive and more relieved that someone knows the source of the bug. Chasing bugs can suuuuuck.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55