Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985694 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.2]
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2010, 09:56:10 am »

in the init.txt or d_init.txt, don't know which, in the init folder in the data folder

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:04 pm »

when i try to download the pack it won't open because of an error? Is the file corrupted?
Nope... Problem on your end maybe? Try downloading from the MIRROR in the OP (you will need 7zip or winrar to open the .7z file though)

How do you turn economy back on if it's off as a default?
Run "DFConfig.exe" in your DF folder to change game options, OR open and edit "DF\data\init\d_init.txt"
Change [ECONOMY:NO] to [ECONOMY:YES]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:23:39 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2010, 08:34:41 pm »

I thought I might suggest including this in the pack. You know, for maps for DFMA.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:27 am »

So um, how the hell do I turn off the seasonal autosave? You don't have anything in the init file -_-

IAmThad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2010, 11:57:56 am »

So um, how the hell do I turn off the seasonal autosave? You don't have anything in the init file -_-
Autosave settings are in d_init.txt, not init.txt.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2010, 12:00:19 pm »

So um, how the hell do I turn off the seasonal autosave?

Why on earth would you want to do that? Unless your computer is like CRAZY slow, it should only take about thirty seconds, a minute at max. Totally worth it in my opinion.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »

So um, how the hell do I turn off the seasonal autosave?

Why on earth would you want to do that? Unless your computer is like CRAZY slow, it should only take about thirty seconds, a minute at max. Totally worth it in my opinion.
It's not how I like to save...... Tell. Me. Please. -_-

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2010, 02:41:24 pm »

Autosave settings are in d_init.txt, not init.txt.
Your question has already been answered.
OR use "DFInit.exe" in the DF folder to change your settings around. I put it there for a reason!

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:11 pm »

Thank you. I appologize for not looking for that in advance. Definitely more helpful than the guy above my last post.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2010, 11:58:51 pm »

Thank you. I appologize for not looking for that in advance. Definitely more helpful than the guy above my last post.

But the guy above him answered your question. And the first time you lose a year or so of time because your game crashes/power goes out/tornado/titan destroys your house/etc you'll wish you had Seasonal autosave on.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2010, 10:30:07 pm »

Hmm. Wasn't thinking of making a new pack untill the next version, but if its going to be a few weeks (or longer with compatibility) maybe I'll brew something slightly more updated together. What do you guys think? Not much, but I have a better save-game updater that makes graphic-change easier, and there's the new version of quickfort. Maybe I'll throw a 3D visualizer in there for giggles.

Also THIS reminded me of a dream I had a while back. Essentially there was a Dev post that looked something like (I'm fuzzy on the details):
"I'm currently very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very annoyed with [someone], [someone else] and LucasUP and his lazy newb pack for causing (something/confusion/dealing with hundreds of idiotic emails/???)"

Now you lazy newbs behave yourselves won't you? Don't be causing Toady a bunch of hassle on my behalf. There may have even been more very's

Also Toady, please dont hate me.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2010, 03:17:57 am »

Thumbs up for LucasUP

I don't consider myself a newb, but lazy fits me just fine and your lazy newb pack made me my new personal hero :)

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2010, 03:48:03 am »

[insert cheesy endorsement of LNB with happy smiles and exaggerated claims of life improvement]

Seriously though, it's this pack which got me into DF, and it really does seem like a great way to get started.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2010, 07:57:42 am »

Very very nice "one stop" Convenience Package.. I personally am Both lazy AND a perma DF noob so no issues with the name of the product hehe.

One thing I would suggest is adding a few easier World Gen Setups which are annotated in an appropriately named readme file.

By world gen setups, what I'm referring to are perhaps a few easier scripts (small, medium, large) where there's more space between surface and cavern levels, less titan activity, more embark points etc. For the real 'newbs,' just looking at the custom world options (or diving into perfect world) is a mind boggling experience such as by the time they piece it all together, they prolly won't need the helping hand.

Fantastic collection!

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.3]
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »

V4.3 RELEASED!
Updated: DFHack v0.4.0.7b
Added: Quickfort v2.00pre3
Updated: Phoebus 31.12v03
Added: Mayday's Graphics 31.12b
Added: Ironhand's Graphics 0.48
Added: Easy instructions to switch between these graphics.

Hope this will tide you guys over untill the next DF release.
I haven't been sure on how to deal with different graphic sets, but this was the easiest solution I came up with.
Try out some of the sets that are now included (and easy to switch to)! Tell me how it works out for you!

One thing I would suggest is adding a few easier World Gen Setups which are annotated in an appropriately named readme file
Thanks! Not a bad idea. Maybe next time though!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 137