Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985653 times)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.6]
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2010, 05:42:45 pm »

Where did anyone say they didn't like that question?
There is nothing to install! Just unzip the package and go!

-The Game itself can be played by running:
"Dwarf Fortress 31.12\Dwarf Fortress.exe"

-Graphics and settings can be easily changed by running
"Lazy Newb Settings v1.6.bat"

-Utilities can all be used without installation.
Explore the UTILITIES folder and find the .exe in each of them. (a readme.txt is also found in almost all utility folders, giving you more information each of them)
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Assassintjm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »

Thank you very much I will enjoy this pleasant time killer until the release of FO:NV and i thoroughly appreciate your help.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »

LucasUP, I must thank you for this! Since I myself am a lazy bastard, and a new one at that!

Also, assassintjm, you have good taste.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

ZealotOnAStick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • yggdrasil.net
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2010, 11:55:53 am »

Does anyone know if the new 0.31.13 version will work ok if I just sort of drag and drop it into my LazyNewb install?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »

Well Dwarf Fortress will work, but if you install any of the graphic packs you are essentially installing old raws BACK into the game.
There's no point in doing it. None (or almost none) of the utilities will work either.

Right now you could download Pheobus's new pack with 31.13, if you want something quick with graphics.

I'll be scrounging up compatible graphic sets and utilities as the community gets them up to speed, I'll make sure Toady isn't making a 31.14 quick-fix, and then I'll make a new pack.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »

I think 0.31.14 will be very soon (a few days, at most), as bug with non-embarkable sprawl is rather annoying. I do not think it is worth new release of LNP. Better wait for a next bugfix release of DF.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2010, 03:11:08 pm »

Yeah you're probably right, but we'll see.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:46 pm »

I think 0.31.14 will be very soon (a few days, at most), as bug with non-embarkable sprawl is rather annoying. I do not think it is worth new release of LNP. Better wait for a next bugfix release of DF.
Embark anywhere should fix it.

Also you can just copy-paste the important stuff from LNP to 0.31.13. It works. There were almost no raw changes.

P.S. Your "ironhand" screenshot in the header looks wrong. Trees don't have trunks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »

I would be patient.

.13 is drastically different from a hacking perspective, probably best to wait it out a bit.

Think about it people, why even upgrade to the new DF version if you are so dependent on utilities? You can play .12 just fine while we get things working for the future .14 :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2010, 05:30:00 pm »

Listen to devek! BE PATIENT!

But wow, Deon's right!
You CAN actually just drag the contents of 31.13 overtop of the contents of your "Dwarf Fortress 31.12" folder.
You can even still use the .bat file to install graphics, although be warned this will install an old init.txt file which doesn't have mention of TrueType font. Also any (insignificant?) update in raws will be lost. Seems like everything RUNS regardless.
Changing settings, aquifers, keybindings still works through the .bat file too.

MOST the utilities won't work though! (DFInit, Perfect world, and Quickfort (probably) do though)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:35:25 pm by LucasUP »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2010, 11:28:20 pm »

Embark anywhere should fix it.

Hmmm. Someone in the announcement thread reported that using Embark Anywhere returns an error on sprawl in 31.13.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.6] - Updated Stonesense!
« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2010, 11:33:09 pm »

I am sure World Viewer is very simple to use, but as it has no documentation (or none that I could find) I wouldn't know.  Plus, it's not much use to a "newb".

In my next release (to support new stuff in .31.13) I'll try to make it more newb friendly.  But I agree that a lot of other things in this pack are more useful to newbs then world viewer is.

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2010, 01:46:29 am »

Hmmm. Someone in the announcement thread reported that using Embark Anywhere returns an error on sprawl in 31.13.

Yeah, nano fortress and embark anywhere worked on .31.12 for me but hasn't worked on .31.13 for some reason.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2010, 01:05:04 pm »

Eagerly awaiting the updated pack to try out 30.13 or 30.14 (which ever works the best...). Because I love this pack so damn much.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

I would dearly appreciate it if you guys also uploaded a file with just the laptop bindings. I can't use any of the tools that come with this pack (I have a Mac), so it would be helpful if I could get the keybindings without having to download anything else.

Edit: Not to mention that it's quite difficult to locate the actual interface.txt with the laptop bindings that I can copy over into my own DF. Is there such a file, or is the interface.txt supposed to be automatically edited through script magic?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 02:26:42 pm by Hummingbird »
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 137