Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986946 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.21] [V8.2] YAY! With Graphical User Interface!
« Reply #720 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:17 am »

Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.21] [V8.2] RELEASED yay
Cool!
Did you add anything to the VB project? If so I'll have to integrate it with what I'm doing...
.. btw I've gotten set back about 30 minutes of work... darn...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep up the great work, even though I am not a newb to the game, its nice to sometimes download something nice and put together already.

*cheers*
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Temp_

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Newb here.

Just wanted to say I could use [,] [.] to change z-levels in V8.0 but have to use the default [<] [>] in V8.2.  I never touched the keybindings in either version.

Thanks for the pack, by the way <3

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Yeah it was set to Laptop by default in V8.0 accidently. Just install the laptop keybinding if you want those keys back. Don't think you need a laptop to use it, I actually prefer those binds for all situations.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Newb here.

Just wanted to say I could use [,] [.] to change z-levels in V8.0 but have to use the default [<] [>] in V8.2.  I never touched the keybindings in either version.

Thanks for the pack, by the way <3
yeah, the keybindings were accidentally set to laptop last version. to get the same effect just install the laptop keybindings.

you're welcome, by the way ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:17:20 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, the keybindings were accidentally set to laptop last version. to get the same effect just install the laptop keybindings.

You set the default keybindings back to default, which did fix most of the issues folks were having with keybindings. But now some are missing the [,]/[.] functionality. :D

Yes, we can switch back to laptop bindings to get those back. However, as I mentioned earlier, as long as [<]/[>] are not recognized as up/down for those using the laptop keybindings, many standard .CSV templates for QuickFort will not work. That is a problem.

Looking at Laptop-31.21.txt in v8.2:

Notice how both CURSOR_UP_Z_AUX and CURSOR_DOWN_Z_AUX are defined with [5] and [Numpad 5]? Anotherwords, those are broken because 5 is defined for both UP_Z and DOWN_Z. Pressing [5] will go down a z-level - despite this conflict - because DF recognizes the last defined keybinding for the same key (DOWN_Z in this case). What's more, this problem also exists in Default-31.21.txt. And it's been this way since at least v7.0 (and possibly earlier).

Laptop keybindings could easily be changed to something like the following (without sacrificing any keyboard shortcut functionality):

Similarly, the default keybindings could be changed to something like this:

I believe this could solve all complaints.

Spoiler: Related quotes (click to show/hide)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

I should go post in the facepalm thread now.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Yeah I was going to look into that actually. Forgot about it.
also those conflicts with the keybinds must be in vannilla DF itself.
Does Auxillery up/down do the exact same thing? Like only move by one? Because then why bother switching them? Why not just keep that edited part of default.txt the same in laptop.txt?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...those conflicts with the keybinds must be in vannilla DF itself.
It would not surprise me.  ;D

Does Auxillery up/down do the exact same thing? Like only move by one?
Yes, it does exactly the same.

Because then why bother switching them? Why not just keep that edited part of default.txt the same in laptop.txt?
Since there is no functional difference, there's no real reason not to. Except, perhaps, to make it more obvious that
[,]/[.] is mainly intended for laptop users, while [<]/[>] is the default in vanilla.

The next obvious question, then: Why have separate default.txt/laptop.txt at all? The up/down z-level shortcuts was just one aspect changed in laptop.txt... right? There are other changes, too, I assume... ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:42:12 pm by Thundercraft »

Sinonim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

hi, love your little app, great work ;]

would like to make bug report:

-Population cap button not working. unless child cap button will be used after setting population cap.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having some trouble since .19, namely crashing. A lot of it.

Seems closely related to window sizes, as it will be most frequent when I resize by grab n drag or specify window size in the init. But I can't play with just that little tiny sliver of a window that is standard... h4lp?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

have you updated to 31.21?

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. Downloaded the latest pack, ran the Ironhand graphic installer.

With the .19 pack I could loo(k) around, but it would crash if zooming all the way out with the mousewheel or attempting to link certain things to levers. Bridges was fine, but floodgates and vertical bars crashed it.
In .21 it will crash as soon as I loo(k), as well as zooming all the way out like before.

Just tried disabling TT and leaving windowsize, but no cigar. Still crash on loo(k).*

Dunno if this belongs here or at the bugtracker, but since I don't see the forums swamped with this I figured it most likely isn't a DF vanilla problem.

*Edit: Nevermind. The LNP TT button didn't disble it in the init for some reason. I got it to stop crashing on zoom and loo(k) by disabling it manually.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:24:38 pm by Svampapa »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just guessing here, but:

Did you make any changes to your init files? (Perhaps with the [Init File Editor] button?) Maybe one of the changes you made caused a problem?

EDIT: Ninja'd...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:41:15 pm by Thundercraft »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

The next obvious question, then: Why have separate default.txt/laptop.txt at all? The up/down z-level shortcuts was just one aspect changed in laptop.txt... right? There are other changes, too, I assume... ?

You haven't read the readme .txt I assume:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only problem with outright assigning . and , is that . is "One-Step" by default.

I'll make default ACTUALLY THE DEFAULT keybindings (broken or not)
Laptop (or maybe I'll rename it LazyNewb or something less LAPTOP specific) will have cool helpful tweaks, like making BOTH . , and < and > work. I'll make it so for a quick release

*Edit: Nevermind. The LNP TT button didn't disble it in the init for some reason. I got it to stop crashing on zoom and loo(k) by disabling it manually.
Thats weird, TrueType enable/disable was definitely working for me when I was testing it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:49:22 pm by LucasUP »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137