Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985660 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.02] [V10.1]
« Reply #1365 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »

Is it possible to add in some world gen configurations for the next lazy pack update?
I'm a new player and having trouble finding iron!

When searching for a place to embark, make sure to pick surface metals.

I'm currently in my fifth fort with shallow metals that has no iron.
<3

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 07, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »

Is it possible to add in some world gen configurations for the next lazy pack update?
Trouble finding iron is common...  first thing is try digging deeper... then deeper and deeper again.   It's also possible some embarking locations may just not have any iron.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 07, 2012, 03:19:39 pm »

you can use the prospector tool before you even embark now, it's not really cheating if your just going to keep abandoning untill you find some anyway....

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:48 pm »

EDIT: Yes, cool! .05 is out. I will create an updated pack this friday/weekend assuming enough things are updated. EDIT 2: Enough things are updated  :P

There is one! In "Design World With Advanced Parameters" there's a "Lazy Newb World" option. Only thing is, I haven't updated it in a while, and I've gotten no feedback on it. Try it out and tell me! I think I upped mineral rate and stuff. (Also lots of volcanoes)

Lucas, I've been meaning to ask: does LNP cover things like the pillar tile, min. truetype size?
Are the modified raws copied straight from a given graphics pack? If so, does it copy the whole folder or just specific files?

It pretty much just does a hard copy/overwrite of all the raws and init files (which is why all your settings get changed when you install a graphics pack).
If you look in a pack included in LNP/Graphics, the files in the data/raw folders are what gets copied/overwritten. Ideally I want to change it so it only changes the init options it needs to, but no idea if/when that would happen.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:56:12 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Amikron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2012, 04:25:07 pm »

Which is weird because I've had trouble finding a fort that doesn't have iron sticking out on the surface even recently. Random is fun!

Bohemian Ear Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wielding a Bohemian Ear Spoon
« Reply #1370 on: March 07, 2012, 06:37:40 pm »

Quick Q - is there a way to get stonesense or some 3d/isometric viewer to work with 34.02?  I haven't been successful so far. I'm registering after years of lurking to ask :)

Taverius

• Bay Watcher
  • Curly says go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:56 pm »

Quick Q - is there a way to get stonesense or some 3d/isometric viewer to work with 34.02?  I haven't been successful so far. I'm registering after years of lurking to ask :)
Easiest is maybe DFHack, just make sure you get the .02 version :)

Extract it to the df directory, replace SDL when asked to, start DF as normal, load a fort, pull up the console window that opened and type 'ssense' (without the quotes) and press enter.
EDIT: Yes, cool! .05 is out. I will create an updated pack this friday/weekend assuming enough things are updated. EDIT 2: Enough things are updated  :P
Yay! \o/
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Bohemian Ear Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wielding a Bohemian Ear Spoon
« Reply #1372 on: March 07, 2012, 07:04:55 pm »

Allow me to clarify that I mean I am looking for an iso/3d viewer to use with my LNP 34.02 game, not a vanilla install. 

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:46 pm »

Hooooooray!!  Friday would be very awesome, so we'd have the weekend!

jak9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 07, 2012, 07:49:23 pm »

just registered to give a big thanks to the compiler of this pack, and the contributers, especially those who contributed the graphics, i couldn't really get into the game with the AscII graphics, and probably would of ditched the game if I didn't hear about this pack in a tutorial, so thanks again guys :D

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 07, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »

Does the Lazy Newb Pack GUI have an autoupdater or am I going to have to manually update when it comes out? :P

Don't make me work so hard, dood.  :'( Typing and clicking is haaaard work.  :D

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 07, 2012, 10:52:04 pm »

Allow me to clarify that I mean I am looking for an iso/3d viewer to use with my LNP 34.02 game, not a vanilla install.
Taverius actually DID answer your question. The latest version of Stonesense (the iso viewer) comes with DFHack, and will work with both vanilla and LNP. Just follow Taverius's instructions.

Edit:

@Jak9090 You are very much welcome!

@RabblerouserGT :P You will have to continue typing and clicking.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:56:11 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:06 pm »

Taverius actually DID answer your question. The latest version of Stonesense (the iso viewer) comes with DFHack, and will work with both vanilla and LNP. Just follow Taverius's instructions.
though the latest version of dfhack doesnt work with 34.02.
why someone would use 34.02 instead of 34.03 or 34.04, which do work with the latest dfhack is beyond me

edit: oh right, playing a 34.02 generated fort is only possible in 34.02

umaxtu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »

Sweet! Best birthday present ever!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:24:50 am by umaxtu »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 08, 2012, 03:44:31 am »

though the latest version of dfhack doesnt work with 34.02.
why someone would use 34.02 instead of 34.03 or 34.04, which do work with the latest dfhack is beyond me

edit: oh right, playing a 34.02 generated fort is only possible in 34.02

yes, but 34.02 also has stonesense in it, and is available right there in the thread.

DFHack for DF 0.34.02 (older):
Windows version (with Stonesense)
Linux version (with Stonesense)
Changes:
  • Support for 34.02. 34.01 was skipped.
  • The DFusion plugin isn't present in this release because it need more work to be ready. I know warmist is working on it, so stay tuned for more.
  • DF2Minecraft isn't present either - mostly due to bugginess. It will come back once it's updated to the new Minecraft map format and debugged/rewritten for performance.
  • A new follow plugin that allows you to make the game follow a particular creature with the view automatically. It's like magic :D
  • Some minor tweaks to existing plugins.
  • Some of the fix* plugins might not make sense anymore. Don't run them unless you think you need them.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137