Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366645 times)

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2010, 10:31:39 am »

wait, how did you manage to get DF to start responding again after it stopped?

the big red button

My problems could be due to me running vista 64 bit or genesis ect ect.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:41:48 am by Coronel_Niel »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2010, 10:43:03 am »

I found a temp solution to my problem. I need to swap between two windows to navigate through the utility. task manager has a always on top so one could swap between(DF also to).

oh so does this only work on 31.06 or does it work for any of the 31.# if the later then maybe I could go back to using 03.

Yeah it should work with .03

I'm back to windows so I will try your tool, it looks good.

Petrix said it worked under wine on linux to

wait, how did you manage to get DF to start responding again after it stopped?

Big red button

I can't seem to figure out how things work, and when I try to write the changes, it gives me an error and says nothing was written.

I'm not sure why people are getting things not writing, but it could be the case that a lot of people seem to having is that the changes are written even though it says that they were not written. I'm back now so I'll work on some bugs
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:44 am »

NOTICE: Does not work with 64 bit or vista systems (Im not sure which, I have both)

To make this work:

right click on the .exe, properties, compatability, change the mode to compatable for xp service pack 2
run as admin

Works now. Sorry for bothering you xD
I can now select traits, now I have the "Says it cant write but does" bug still.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:11:10 am by Coronel_Niel »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:28 am »

Ahaha yeah I found the source of that bug. NEVER write code when very tired, it leads to forgetting little things like making sure all the change tracking flags are initialised to false :D
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2010, 11:14:02 am »

NOTICE: Does not work with 64 bit or vista systems (Im not sure which, I have both)

To make this work:

right click on the .exe, properties, compatability, change the mode to compatable for xp service pack 2
run as admin

I can now select traits, now I have the "Says it cant write but does" bug still.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and it's ok

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:35 am »

I'm on XP and everything that you've said should be working seems to work fine with the newest download. I edited 33 dorfs (skills, traits, attributes) last night with no problem.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2010, 11:29:00 am »

To make this work:

run as admin

Works completely fine without compatibility on. Vista 64Bit.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:04 am »

It works perfectly fine for me on Windows 7/64-bit. no messing around compatibility or anything. I started a fortress, messed around with my dwarves, saved, reloaded, messed around a bit more, no weirdness or not-writing messages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2010, 11:38:04 am »

I'm now uploading a new build with a number of fixes. Try and kill it and find bugs! :D I've done some testing and I think I fixed them but you never know and I'm really frigging tired due to insomnia so yeah, excuses excuses :)

Also, has anyone used the main race changing feature I added yet, so the main tab displays a race other then dwarves?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:39:41 am by sizeak »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2010, 11:47:28 am »

Right! V0.1.2 Alpha Bug Fix version uploaded, it sounds fancy, but what it really means is that I think I've fixed the bugs mentioned so far. However if I haven't, I will feel sad. Also it's likely you guys will find more  :P

Edit: Also I haven't yet tested it on xp, assuming these other issues are ok(ish) for now then I'll try to get to it for you
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:49:49 am by sizeak »

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54:56 am »

Ok then my pc is mucked up, this is an old install and I didn't try it on my new partition.
But yeah, that sorted out the problems for me.
In the new version, the write bug is fixed and mood tab works. Thanks

Did you run it as admin tho? I know that goes without saying, but it might be the program doesn't have rights to check wether its writen/write without admin.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:02:46 pm by Coronel_Niel »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:48 pm »

No I didn't run as admin, the problem was that when I added the trait and mood editing, I had forgotten to add them to the initialisation list, so they didn't always start as false. This led to it saying there were changes to write when there weren't. There were also a few more small things like that. Is everything working for you now or are you still having some issues? If you are I'll try and get to the bottom of them. As for the compatibility mode, I really don;t have any idea but I'll try and get my sister to let me use her xp pc in a bit to see how it is on there.

Next I need to get back to getting the linux build going :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2010, 12:06:10 pm »

What I've found is that moods don't work, at least not for me. I got a secretive mood in my first season with my big caravan, and when I went to change it, I couldn't change the type of mood. The moodable skill tried to change the type of mood, and didn't wind up changing anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2010, 12:07:40 pm »

Seems I can't get it to work for the new version: .07.

.06 runs just fine and is nearly perfect.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2010, 12:09:52 pm »

What I've found is that moods don't work, at least not for me. I got a secretive mood in my first season with my big caravan, and when I went to change it, I couldn't change the type of mood. The moodable skill tried to change the type of mood, and didn't wind up changing anything.

Yeah that was a bug caused by me applying fixes to the version I was working on to add material editing support. It should be fixed in the version I just uploaded. Sorry

Seems I can't get it to work for the new version: .07.

.06 runs just fine and is nearly perfect.

I didn't even know .07 was out :S
The problem is that the xml file with it hasn't been updated with the .07 offsets, I'll find out if they've been added to DFHack yet
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106