Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366068 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1425 on: June 13, 2012, 02:17:12 pm »

I remember this tool being useful for finding dead dwarf or was it somethig else, being too long since last played. This would be very handy, as I have a "missing dwarf", found a report that says he was munched upon by a aligator but he is still showing up in dwarf units?

assuming this tool is dead and if so anything similiar that allows me to see mess with dead dwarfs and NPCs?
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 14, 2012, 01:32:17 am »

how to get it work on 34.11?
I am a Goober.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 14, 2012, 03:25:39 am »

how to get it work on 34.11?

Currently impossible.
Author needs to update the program , but he has been offline for a few months now, No idea if he is still around.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 14, 2012, 03:33:27 am »

Stop digging the grave of Runesmith, it's dead. Only thing you're doing is making a lot of people excited about it when they see a new post :P
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:15 am »

Damn i saw a new post here and got really excited... only to be dissapointed:( Where are you sizeak?

Castamere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 14, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »

nevermind, wrong thread :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:34:39 pm by Castamere »
Playing DF is like getting into an elevator where you know it will freefall forty stories after it climbs about two.

Jonthrei

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 16, 2012, 07:12:50 pm »

It's dead, Jim.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

Do have any other tools that allow us to edit stats on the fly?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 17, 2012, 03:16:10 pm »

From two pages back, in this thread...

Just wanted to mention, in light of the lack of Runesmith updates, I went ahead and made three dfhack lua scripts that replicate three functions I used in Runesmith.

First, elevate_physical.lua to adjust physical attributes.
Second, elevate_mental.lua to adjust mental attributes.
Third, brainwash.lua to "fix" personality issues.

Ah, the things I do to get a perfect mayor, eh?  :)

Anyway, I hope those are useful to those pining for Runesmith.  Any and all of those three scripts can be trivially modified to make adjustments more to your liking, if you wish.  If you don't understand how to use them, PM me or post here and I'll explain further.

and the latest make_legendary.lua along with the original.

If that's what you meant by 'edit stats'... 
These scripts are easy to modify, so if they don't do exactly what you want, you should be able to cut & paste your way to glory.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 17, 2012, 11:51:53 pm »

Thank you for your help. Can you point me to a tutorial on how to put these into DHACk and how to run them? Thank you!!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 18, 2012, 02:32:51 am »

Just wanted to mention, in light of the lack of Runesmith updates, I went ahead and made three dfhack lua scripts that replicate three functions I used in Runesmith.

Anyway, I hope those are useful to those pining for Runesmith.  Any and all of those three scripts can be trivially modified to make adjustments more to your liking, if you wish.  If you don't understand how to use them, PM me or post here and I'll explain further.

These scripts are easy to modify, so if they don't do exactly what you want, you should be able to cut & paste your way to glory.

There needs to be some kind of central repository for all these scripts floating, as it stands they are spread throughout many different threads and all but a few get to see them. Like fixfat for example to fix the fat person bug which slows the game down.

And as for the original request, JDwarf is a cross platform replacement for RS.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 24, 2012, 10:53:01 am »

why has this guy let this great app die that someone has to create a new tool to replace it?

He should have passed the work to someone.

He said finals originally, I know for a fact finals have been over for more than a month.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1437 on: June 26, 2012, 03:16:42 am »

There needs to be some kind of central repository for all these scripts floating, as it stands they are spread throughout many different threads and all but a few get to see them. Like fixfat for example to fix the fat person bug which slows the game down.

And as for the original request, JDwarf is a cross platform replacement for RS.
   @ VJEK I included those scripts in that last LazyNewbPack update thing I posted right before LucasUp updated it but I couldn't remember where I got them to add a Credit to:
sorry about that. but I use them all the time. Whats the scoop on this Jdwarf thing ? is it any good ? haven't had a chance to review it.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 26, 2012, 03:33:08 am »

It is good. It has a list of dwarfes and can change their skills. (nothing else yet though). Also it can stop ON BREAK and heal them even after they were killed:) Though it is a bit buggy.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56:23 am »

Hey, Sorry for the silence, the thread seems to stop notifying me of replies.

Yes I've finished Uni and am awaiting my results, however after Uni comes work and I have a new job. I guess that's not really an excuse. I haven't actually played DF in a very long time but I'll see if I cant fit some RS work in somewhere soon. DFHack has changed quite a lot since RS was last updated and that's one of the big reasons I haven't attempted an update yet as the next version will require significant amounts of rewriting; it may as well be RS 2.0.

It's also not that easy to "pass it off to someone else" since there is basically no documentation and very little in the way of code comments. So before anyone else could even attempt to work on it and hope to achieve anything quickly, I would need to significantly clean up the code and put together some docs. This has actually been on my to-do list for over a year :/ RS is also cross platform as it's entirely Qt, however the offsets for Linux were pretty much never complete so it was impossible to release a working Linux build. I don't know what the state of offset finding is these days atm.

So the summary is, I just woke up and have to work soon, but I'll apply some brain power to this after work and at least get a better idea of how much work is needed.

-Sizeak

ps. I'm back  ;D
PPS. You can thank tahujdt for triggering this spurt of activity as he(/she?) actually took the time to email me, rather than just raging
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:10:42 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106