Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3555215 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28545 on: October 19, 2013, 12:30:00 am »

My cat is an asshole and sleeps all day. Occasionally he comes into my room so I'll pet him but he never stays for very long. The worst part is he's actually a dog.

EDIT: Actually now that i think about it i tend to end up sleeping all day.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:32:35 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28546 on: October 19, 2013, 12:36:28 am »

There's no reason to keep an animal around unless you want to make it into food or have a specific need for it, like a plowing horse. Animals are way too cost and time intensive to bother keeping.

Maybe unrelated: spent the evening with Wolfeyez' folks. They have 5 small dogs, mostly shihtzu or some variant thereof.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28547 on: October 19, 2013, 12:52:55 am »

I bought some shirts today, washed them, and then discovered that they shrank. A lot.

The most annoying part is that I've bought shirts from the same place, from the same manufacturer, made from the same materials. I treated those shirts the exact same way. Nothing bad happened to them.

I'll admit I dried them at a higher temperature than the thing says I should have, but once again, this has never been a problem with any other shirt. I guess I've just been getting lucky until now. Sigh.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28548 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:03 am »

There's no reason to keep an animal around unless you want to make it into food or have a specific need for it, like a plowing horse. Animals are way too cost and time intensive to bother keeping.

The words of a sociopath :o
Love, scriver~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28549 on: October 19, 2013, 05:57:19 am »

Companionship is one of the most worthwhile things you can get from an animal and this is coming from a guy who definitely isn't into sentimental, overly-emotional bullshit either. I used to be indifferent towards animals, but after getting a cat and feeling what it's like to take care of a kitten, I define it as one of the happiest and simplest experiences of my life.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28550 on: October 19, 2013, 06:18:39 am »

The words of a sociopath :o

Ad hominem!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28551 on: October 19, 2013, 06:25:58 am »

Only if it had been serious ;)
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28552 on: October 19, 2013, 11:20:44 am »

Midi Sheet Music is a godawful piece of crap software. It took me awhile trying to figure out how to make it put in measure bars properly(because it didn't do something like that by default), which also fixed it cutting the song into seperate pages at an arbitrary point, and I spent a long time trying to correct all the errors it put in the resulting music sheet, which included randomly shifting notes to the bottom staff(which doesn't have notes to begin with). Then I had to toy around with the size of the entire thing to get it to fit into a printer-friendly format.

Also annoyed at my younger sister, who for the past two nights has slept in my room. I was never told that she'd be there, and she snores really loudly. And this morning I found her using my coffee mug.
I forget one goddamn word...

And an addenum to this, not only did she use my mug, she also used up a lot of my coffee and nearly all my creamer too. How the hell did she use that much creamer?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28553 on: October 19, 2013, 11:27:04 am »

Maybe unrelated: spent the evening with Wolfeyez' folks. They have 5 small dogs, mostly shihtzu or some variant thereof.

I agree with this, there isn't really a practical reason other than for helping your children understand relationships/the life cycle/loss and so on. The reasons that I have for keeping animals are wholly impractical, mostly because I love them.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #28554 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:38 am »

Get your kids a couple hamsters so they'll learn to be kinder to their parents.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28555 on: October 19, 2013, 11:32:16 am »

Get your kids a couple hamsters so they'll learn to be kinder to their parents.

This. It is a good way of teaching kids consequential thinking, responsibility, empathy and a degree of social awareness/understanding relationships.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28556 on: October 19, 2013, 11:32:41 am »

And the possibility of being eaten.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28557 on: October 19, 2013, 11:33:13 am »

And the possibility of being eaten.

Depending on how large the pet is yes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28558 on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:55 am »

Another rage, now Imgur won't let me upload anything. The status bar at the bottom of the browser window says there's an error.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28559 on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:56 am »

I was referring to the well-documented phenomenon of mother hamsters consuming their own young.

Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 3345